main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist TCF-1138's photographic fan art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TCF-1138 , Sep 26, 2016.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey everyone - this is my first post in this particular sub-section of the forum!

I'm no painter (to say the least), and therefore haven't really been into fan art as a way of expressing my geekyness, but I recently stumbled across some fan art that was made from photographs; I really liked how that looked, and it inspired me to give that technique a go.

Now, I have only made one picture so far, but I'd really love to hear what you guys think of it before moving on to the next one.

Since Thrawn has been one of my favorite characters since I was nine years old, and since he's now back in canon, I decided to start off by doing a shot of our favorite Chiss.

Click to embiggen:
    [​IMG]

Now, I know Thrawn is supposed to be wearing white, not black, but I just couldn't afford to buy a white jacket just for the shoot :p
    Think of it as a younger, pre-Grand Admiral, Thrawn who just haven't gotten his white uniform yet :)

I set up the shot, and posed as Thrawn myself. The original background was just my living room, and I had limited (essentially no) lighting equipment. It took me around twelve hours in Photoshop to finish the picture.

I'd love to hear your opinions of it! :)

2. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    Absolutely lovely.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thank you :)