main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TCG] A New Hope Online Line Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, if A New Hope for the TCG comes out Nov 1 as we are Hoping (no pun intended), then that is just 2 months away from today. I decided to start a line. I will be camping out here until New Hope is released. I invite all of you to join me as we wait and discuss what we are in store for.

To start with, 3 new mechanics/abilities, one of which is supposed to be a major change. A rumored 3 Death Stars. A "really awesome" Leia card. 180 total new cards. And more info to come as we get closer.

So C'mon and join me. I've reserved the whole virtual parking lot.

(Sets up tent, pops open an ice cold Dr Pepper, puts fresh batteries in lightsaber, and starts building decks. Waiting.....)

EDIT: If you come down, please bring some pizza

2. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Yeah i'm really waiting for this =)
    what exactly are the 3 new mechanics?

3. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    We don't know yet. We're supposed to find out this month some info on the set, but I do not know exactly how much.

Did you bring pizza?

4. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    my wallet is cringing at the thought of 180 new cards, im still trying to fill out my aotc set! im looking forward to the death star cards and the new mechanics the most, hopefully they will be as good as the stun mechanic in sr.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    //Sets up tent, and grill, takes a seat.

Who wants burgers?

6. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    Yes my wallet is cringing too!!
    Can't imagine buying what, 2 boxes??

Can't wait to hear about the 3 new mechanics or have some cards spoiled =)

er..
    I've got booze! =)

7. DarthBeer

Jul 11, 2002
    ::grabs a labatts out of the cooler, takes a seat on it, starts building some decks::

8. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I just came out of my tent and was surprised to see so many here already! Welcome!

I think I am going to buy 2 boxes, or the equivalent, also. It will hurt the wallet, but we have 2 months to save!. I probably won't get it all at once anyway.

Hey everyone, I just got word the CNN wants to interview us. They are coming by at 2:00. They think we are waiting for Episode 3, so if it gets us on TV, don't say anything. :D

I'm going to start some coffee and after I wake up fully, I'm up for a few games of SWTCG!

9. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    I'll take a burger

*breaks out the pizza*

Anyone want a slice?

10. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Finally pizza! Something to wash these burgers down with!

I'm ready to play a few games now. I have a killer deck. Anyone want to play at the Apprentice table?

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Hi I'm here. Who wants a beer. I can't want for the Vader Cards. GO Dark Side!

12. yodasoda2187

yodasoda2187 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Hey, I'm here! I brought some nice tasty Yoda Soda :)

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yoda soda rocks! It looks funny but tastes really good.

14. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Don't you mean it "Rox"? :p

15. DarthBeer

Jul 11, 2002
    beer me kam, what are we drinkin?

16. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I think an interesting mechanic would be some sort of double fighting, to reflect Jango with two pistols or Anakin with two sabers. Maybe you could attack two units and divide the damage between them.

Sniff sniff, hey that pizza smells.... different. What's on it?

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    We got ice house today. I'd like to see the Jedi have more Force powers than Evade.

18. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    Piloting abilities would be cool too

Anakin in his Podracer
    Obi-wan in his Jedi Starfighter
    Luke or Wedge in their X-Wings
    Han and Chewie in the Falcon
    Vader in his modified TIE
    TIE pilots in their TIES

even stuff like
    Luke and Obi-Wan in the landspeeder
    Tuskens on Banthas
    Jawas on Sandcrawlers
    Clone Troopers on the Republic Assault Ships

all would be cool =)

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think an interesting mechanic would be some sort of double fighting, to reflect Jango with two pistols or Anakin with two sabers. Maybe you could attack two units and divide the damage between them.

That would be cool, like fork or some fo the attack red cards in magic.

20. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Anyone care to speculate what they'll do with the Death Star? I was very disappointed with what Decipher did with the Death Star in Jedi Knights; they basically made it a very, very powerful capital starship. I thought that was very uninteresting, and I'll be disappointed if WOTC does the same.

21. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I think that this is what they are going to do and I agree that would be disappointing. I mean it is the Death Star! I hope it has some special ability at least, like maybe bombard to character AND Ground arenas (one or the other, players choice) and obliterate every unit there for some difficult to pull off, yet technically possible, series of game actions. I hope it is not just a powerful starship.

Other things I have been thinking about/hoping for are a possible multi-player option and/or a three player option with independent decks (Boba Fett, bounty hunters) and pilots on starships, either built in the card or a card placed on top.

I had some other ideas and I can't think of them right now, I'm too tired and can't think straight.

By the way, is there anyone here that is sober right now? Some of you guys like beer just a little too much! :) You shoulda heard the singing last night around the garbage can "campfire". Let's keep the alcohol consumption down before we get raided by the cops!

We are going to set up a huge tent later today for a continual non-stop tournament right up to the release of ANH. Anyone want to help?

22. BobaFerret

BobaFerret Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    *wanders up to the line*

Hey guys. I've got a keg of Bass Ale and my four ferrets. Where can we set up?

Darksbane, lemme see that brand-spanking new lightsaber you just bought!

Man, I cannot wait for a Han Solo card or three or four... and some X-Wings and Cantina Aliens and-- Ferrets! Come back here! Get away from that beer!!!

23. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Welcome BobaFerret! I didn't know you spent time over here!

For those of you that haven't seen these, go here to see the product packaging for ANH that Rebelbasers.com has posted.

We should start listing stuff we know about ANH that has been confirmed.

To start with, (I already listed these above)

1) 180 cards
    2) Features cards from Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope.
    3) Will have Vader, Luke, Leia, and Stormtroopers (Stormtroopers and Clones blasting at each other! Wahoooo! Almost as good as Jango vs Boba! :))
    4) 3 new mechanics, one that will change the game in a big way.

Starting with "5)", please add anything any of you know that has been confirmed.

MJK_WotC and WotC_Chris, feel free to join us and throw us tid bits here and there!

Also, I brought non-alcoholic beer for all those camping out with us under the legal drinking age in their respective country, or for anyone else that wants some! You can find it in the Tournament Tent.

24. BobaFerret

BobaFerret Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    I haven't found the need to post over here... I mostly lurk since I'm more familiar with the other place.

I've got a few jugs of iced tea and some Weinhardt's draught root beer, Vanilla Coke and some Snapple for when we shouldn't be drinking alcohol (which is gonna be soon, judging by how low the keg got while I was out and about).

Dang it! Ferrets, I told you to stay out of the beer! At least they're easier to wrangle when they're drunk...

25. DarthBeer

Jul 11, 2002
    uh oh, a keg of bass, the singing around the trash can fire will be allitle louder tonight

i imagine that the death star will be like 3 cards (laser, north and south hemisphere, something like that). hopefully a new mechanic will have something to do w/ build points to accomodate the huge build cost that a death star would be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.