main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TCG] A New Hope Online Line Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Morning All,

I brought some Advil for those that partyed with the ferrets last night. Where that tent. I'm looking for a good Tournament. There's none here in D.C. :_| :(

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Throw acouple of those over to me, heads killing me.

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Allright! Who was the wise guy that slashed "I Love Queen Jamilla" into the parking lot with a lightsaber and then signed it "Baca"?

Fess up!

4. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Here you go Rox. Baca I saw that guy running this morning

5. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    It was the Ferrets wasn't it? They and Darksbane are the only ones with real lightsabers so I should have known.

Update: We should start hearing some mechanic spoilers pretty soon! Chris from WotC may be stopping by to visit soon also! Make sure we all take showers at the hose by the Circle K across the street. And whoever made that Millennium Falcon out of beer cans may want cover it up.

How many people are in line now? Ten? We're almost out of Yoda Soda (Don't ask, I think it was the Ferrets again but I can't prove it)

6. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    I saw a Ferret running by this morning!!
    Was probably them!!

And I can't wait for the new mechanics
    or even ONE spoiled card =)

i'll go order another carton of yoda soda

7. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I've got dunkin donuts this morning. thanks for holding my spot last night. Check out my new leia doll.

8. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    <Homer Simpson Voice>Mmmmmmm Donu......Leia....... Doh! Stupid Doll!</Homer Simpson Voice>

9. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    :: gets up to get donut, goes back to sleep, head, still, hurts::

10. BobaFerret

BobaFerret Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    Hey, sorry bout the ferrets... they get way hyper when they drink. They're all sleeping, now that they drank all the Bass. But I'm back with... Dead Guy Ale! Wooohoooooooo! Only the finest beverages for us in line! At least until the money runs out...

I'm really interested to see what a character like Luke or Leia is capable of. How will they contend with a Tyranus or Darth Maul, or a Jango Fett?

And Death Stars... mmmmmm... wonder what the build cost will be on those. Heck, I still need to build some decks with the Sith Rising cards I have. With ANH, I may never get caught up.

I sent my dog to find Krispy Kremes. Will see if he actually brings them back.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    The Tarkin card's action will be that you not allowed to retreat any character while he's in the arena. HAHA

Krispy Kremes is nasty. here have a bran muffin.

12. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Where did you hear this from?

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    It was a joke referring to Tarkin refuseing to leave the Death Star. I wasn't serious

14. BobaFerret

BobaFerret Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    I know it's a bit early in the day for this, but let us all hoist a pint for MJK_WotC, whose last day at Wizards is today. You can see his post here.

*cries*

15. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    (Moment of Silence) :(

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    That's a shame. How do you just layoff almost the entire creative staff behind a product and still think from a business
    standpoint the product will continue to sell? With all the layoffs I wonder what the effect will be on the TCG side of things? I'm sure
    that the A New Hope expansion set is all ready to ship since it is due
    out in November but what about the future expansion sets?

17. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    The whole staff was not laid off. Just some I guess. I do not know how they figured out who etc. Probably just some bean counter in an office made the decision based on some sterile numbers. They don't realize what a great guy they are losing.

MJK did say he was leaving the TCG in good hands though, so the game will go on as planned. From the general "player" perspective there won't be a noticeable difference. But we will sure miss MJK and all the great stuff he brought to the game and the boards. For me, my TCG "roots" include the interaction and times with him. I will really miss him. It won't be the same in many ways.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Haven't been around much. I got sucked back into Magic The Gathering in the last couple of days. I am playig the online version and can't stop playing.

19. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I have heard the online version is pretty cool. How did you get a net connection out here in line? :p

Thanks for holding my place in line while I was at my baby sisters wedding. (She's all growed up now) She is really my sister-in-law but is like my own sister since I practically helped raise her with a big baseball bat and shotgun since she was 9. But now I have gotten her new husband addicted to SWTCG! Mwah hah hah hah hah.....! (Evil laugh)

Anyway, could some of you help me get the Ferrets out of my tent? They kinda took over while I was gone.

We should be finding out mechanic spoilers soon!

20. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    so how do ANY of us get a net connection out here in line? =)

yeah we're supposed to get the first mechanic spoiled today!

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have a cellular modem on my laptop.

22. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Hi guys I'm back. And I'm coverting people in the D.C. FanForce into playing SW: TCG. yeah. One more and we can have a tournament here.

23. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Rock on DC FanForce!

And good point about the net connection, I hadn't thought of that! :)

24. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    We have a new card and a new ability! Checkout this link courtesy of Rebelbasers.com. Nice Stormtrooper card ( Pit those against Clones, Heh heh) with the new ability Accuracy adding one to the result of each die. So a 3 becomes a 4, etc.

To get a critical hit, you still have to roll a natural six, as in rolling an actual six (not a 5 and adding 1).

This is the first of three new mechanics for A New Hope, and was released first because it has been rumored/assumed for a long time now. The first cards mentioned rolling "a natural 6" for a critical hit, so we know the idea of an "unnatural 6" was coming. I think we even guessed on the name "accuracy", I can't remember but it is almost obvious that should be the name.

My prediction, the next ability revealed will be call Armor and will be the converse of Accuracy. It will reduce the result of each die rolled against you by 1 as a defense mechanism. This is only a prediction, but I cannot take credit for it because Decktech posted/mentioned this ability waaaaaaay back in March when they previewed the game.

Assuming this is the next mechanic, I wonder what the 3rd, the "big one", is? We should speculate and see how close we come while we wait in line. Part of brainstorming is throwing ideas, no matter how wild, out there and then the rest of us tearing it apart looking for flaws or reasons it would not work.

So I am going to throw out the possibility of movement between arenas or maybe a new card type. Tear away, and please hand me a Latte.

EDIT: Just noticed the Stormtrooper card subtype is "Clone". Hmmm.........

25. dejarik

dejarik Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    My guess, or more my hope:

Permanents, or non-unit cards that stay in play. I don't think it will happen, but it's damn cool :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.