main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TCG] A New Hope Online Line Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Weapons!

Whoops! I think I just lost my place in the other line....

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    dejarik I was thinking the same thing. Something like a perm battle card that would read "All space arena cards get +1 Speed/ +1 Power".

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OK, update. While you were holding my place in line when I went to the restroom, I stopped at the Rebelbasers headquarters and listened in on the meeting there for a while. WotC Chris said that Armor was NOT an ability in this set.

Also he said the next two abilities to be revealed are very exciting.

I'm trying to get WotC Chris to come visit us in line but he is still at the Rebel Base being mobbed by fanboys (and fangirls) trying to get him to autograph their Yoda C cards. When I left they had lifted him up on their shoulders and were marching to look for David Eckelberry and Richard Garfield. Chris was saying something about needing to get back to work on the Battle of Yavin set but they couldn't hear him over the singing. Those crazy RB guys! :p

He has told me he will stop by though. Maybe if I send him another invite.....

4. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I can't wait to see what the Falcon will be able to do. that and I want a Chewie character card.

5. WotC_Chris

WotC_Chris SWTCG Marketing Manager VIP

Sep 13, 2002
    Sorry it took me so long to check in here. Very excited about the line. The two new mechanics are very cool. We have been playing with them for a while and they really enhance the gameplay.

People are always looking for spoilers so I have committed to releasing one card a week until the official release date, November 4th. Look for a new space unit today!

6. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Welcome to the line! We are glad you stopped by. Here have a soda and some piping hot fresh pizza that was just delivered. We're going to BBQ some ribs tonight so save your appetite. :)

We will be waiting anxiously for that unit card to be revealed. Will a watched computer boil, err... I mean refresh....? Never mind, the sun is getting to my brain. We've been out here a while now and the Ferrets continue to keep everyone awake all night.

Anyone got some extra strength Tylenol?

7. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Rebel StarFighter Red Two posted!

It is a Common card and does not reveal too much about the set, except that we will for sure see X-wings and a new card subtype of Rebel Starfighter. It has some nice shields, and enhances options for low cost swarm decks.

I wonder if this means we'll see Wedge? It really doens't hafta mean that but we can hope.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    We definately need to see a Wedge card! He is my favorite Star Wars character!

9. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    I'm all for a Wedge card too!!

10. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    That card is way to under-rated for Wedge
    We're talking about the ONLY other survivor of the first Death Star, and all he gets is 2/2?
    and a common?
    there is no justice!

11. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    ***It was a happy day in the TCG line. All was quiet......TOO quiet.

Suddenly, a swarm of X-wings appeared without warning. Droves of the needle-like machines swooped low over the line of spectators. At first, they cheered, thinking Whot-Cee had sent some sort of special prize patrol. But, then, the lead starfighter landed right by the snack table, and out came........BRENDERLIN!! He wasted no time, grabbing handfulls of submarine sandwiches and chips, and lugging them back to his craft in record time. He then lifted off, and flew away.

It was then that the first of the spectators noticed the Squadron insignia on the X-wings:

[image=http://decipher.com/libraryimages/starwars/main/swccglogolg.gif]

And they knew, that this was not over.....

No, not by a long shot......

Well, that was a but longer than yours, eh Bacabachui?

And just not to start flame wars, this is all in good fun. Oh, and HE STARTED IT!!

12. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Dude, all I did was steal some sandwiches and chips! :)

It's in good fun, though I don't want this to get out of hand.

Here have some pizza.....

13. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    This must not be the final card image for Red Two. It must be a unique unit, but there is no "version" letter on it. Shouldn't it have a version letter?

14. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    Is it to late to pull up in my winabago?

It feels so good to be back!

So what did i miss? I'm sure you all missed me. :)

15. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Welcome back! All RV's should park in the rear by the Tournament tent.

That is true, it must not be the final Red Two, because no version letter would mean you could have 4 out there. Good catch!

16. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Dude, It has Shields!!! And it is only 3 to cast!!!

17. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    We should see a new card by Friday and a new mechanic next week. (That's a card mechanic for those of you that just ran to your cars to check the last time the oil was changed :) )

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Red 2 should go nicely in my weenie deck.

19. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    I'm tellin you, It's quick and easy to put out. What I can't wait for is the Tie Fighters!!! I need some good ships for my Dark Side deck.

20. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Red 2 will also work well with Go to the Temple hit and runs.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Has there been a leak of a card list or anything besides the Stormtooper and Red2 cards? I'm getting ancy!

22. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    :returns to tent after a little vacation, grabs a beer: so whats goin on here? i see we have acouple new cards. i like the accuracy mechanic, i cant wait to see to see a card like red 5 or han solo w/ accuracy, seeing how a stormtrooper couldnt hit the broadside of a sandcrawler...

23. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    "Only Imperial Stortroppers are so precise..."
    Of course Obi-Wan has been known to stretch the truth at times.

We have not yet received a list, but I think it is because it is so far away (Nov 4 or 5 now I think). I got my SW Insider yesterday and was hoping to see some SWTCG content in there, but nothing was in there at all, let alone ANH info. Maybe a full pic encyclopedia will be in the next one, which will arrive around the same time as ANH in Nov.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    //chants\\

We want the new mechanic!!!1!!
    We want the new mechanic!!!1!!

25. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Great, now the Ferrets woke up, lit their tent on fire, and are currently parading down Main St in Storm Trooper Armor! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.