main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TCG] A New Hope Online Line Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey guys whats up, i want the next spot in line, i can't wait for the New Hope expasion,

here i brought some pizza, fresh from domino's, and i got some cheese sticks.

i want to see the character cards, and some of the battle cards. I don't think Luke will be as powerful as he will when the ROTJ expasion comes out.

I think i'll just set up my van right here *picks a nice open spot*

i got satalite(sp) TV, don't ask how though.

2. DARTHJOEDUNN

DARTHJOEDUNN Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    i will come along too. i will bring loads of pizza! =D

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Welcome to our 2 newest "Liners"!

Pizza is a huge plus when you join so yor off to a good start.

We are supposed to have new card yesterday and a new ability next week, but......so far..... nothing.

4. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    hey who is watching lifetime on my TV, no lifetime...thats just wrong

hehehe

hey their dropping the ball on giving us our teasers. That just won't do.

i wonder what the Obi-Wan will have on it. and does anyone know about a Vader card in SR, i heard there was one but i could be wrong, i would think there would be one in the ANH expasion. oh well

hey i got more pizza some DP(Dr. Pepper for Short) and i think i am going to play some Video games(brought my XBOX too) :D

yoda

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Sorry everyone I had to leave the line for a few days. Been sick in bed. I'm feeling much better now, so where's the new card?

6. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    In NetCowboy's inbox

7. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    Well the new card is up...kind of a disappointment though. I mean really the only way this card could possibly be good is if it combos with some other new card. As it is it just plain stinks ESPECALLY for a rare.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    the new card is up where??

9. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    *joins line, waves at Kam*

Hello everyone!

Yoda4982, there is a Vader card that comes with the Vader Unleashed figure. I'm guessing it will be similar to one that will be in the ANH set...

10. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    thanks statelees, and welcome to the line...now i just have to find the vader unleashed don't i, to bad i can't find it in houston.

Yoda

hey were is the new card, i wanna see it.

11. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Here is the new card.

I agree it is a bit of a disapointment. This and the last one were just "so so" cards. While not inherently lame or anything like that, they really did not reveal too much about the new set.

This card is different than Aiwha rider because it is Character arena and has a "First Strike" level of speed built in. But you get to look at your opponents hand after the battle phase, which is after any major cards affecting the current battle have been played, and before they draw the next one. IMHO Aiwha is still better becasue it can be used "here and now" in game terms, meaning I can look at my oopnenets hand "now" and see what they are possibly going to build or play, and that is before they have a chance to target it.

So unless there are some other cards that work with this in some way, I do not see how this is such a great card yet.

12. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    OMG, thats considered a character, ok if i get that card anyone can have it. I have only two droids in my deck-R2, and 3PO

man that card sucks. I am going to go blow things up right now, if you need me i'll be at my van playing Halo.

Yoda

13. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    The newest ability has been revealed. It is called "Intercept". A unit can take on an attack instead of the targeted unit. Like if LS attacks Wat Tambor, and you want to keep him in the arena so he can continue to make your opponent have 1 less build, a Vader with Intercept could take the attack on him instead of Wat.

14. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    i like the sounds of the intercept ability. sounds like it could make or break some games

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Now I like that; intercept sounds very promising... After the seeing the so-so cards, now I have a new hope for the, uh... A New Hope expansion. ;)

16. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Obi Wan Kenobi F is the latest card to be revealed at Rebelbasers! Simply Awesome card. So much Bang for the Buck! I hope this is a hint of the other "mains" cards we will see in the set. Vader is going make Anakin look like... well a snot-nosed brat (wait.... he is......) :)

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    That card is awsome. Oh I can't wait until Nov

18. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Sweet dude, that is an awesome card. I already have my boxes pre paid for.

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Now that's more like it! Great card!

20. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    yep, just as i thought he is better than the young Obi-Wan, its great, intercept is really a nice technicque(sp) i wonder if Vader will have anything new on it.

Yoda

21. Funky_Wampa

Funky_Wampa Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    Hi guys, Funky Wampa here, formerly MJK_WotC reborn in civilian clothes. How's things goin' - looks like the keg's tapped, but I brought along a sixer of Henry's if anyone's got the thirst. Cool, I can talk about beer now. :)

<hands out a few cold ones>

So, I've been out of the SWTCG marketing spiel for a little while - have they released all the new mechanics yet? I see they're starting to give some peeks at cards - some of 'em aren't too shabby. I think I'll dust off the decks and start lookin' for a game pretty soon.

Anyway, I better go see what the folks at 'Basers are doing - save my spot in line.

Thanks!

_M

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I really like the intercept mechanic, is this the last new mechanic we are going to see in ANH or do we get antoher one?

23. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks for stopping by Funky_Wampa! Glad to have you here! We'll hold your place while you go to the Rebel Basers, no problem.

To summarize, Chris has revealed two of the new mechanics. Accuracy and Intercept. We are all dying to hear about the last one, but it will be soon we hope. We have seen 4 cards. Obi Wan F, Red 2, Elite Stormtrooper Squad, and Imperial Sentry Droid. The pizza and subs are flowing, as well as the various liquid replenishments. We play Episode 1, 4, 5 and 6 back to back 24/7 on a large screen behind the SWTCG Tournament tents, and nobody is supposed to give the Ferrets anything with real or simulated alcohol in it for at least 30 days. :)

24. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    We get one more mechanic Rox. It is supposed to be a big change too! :)

25. yoda4982

Jul 10, 2002
    Welcome Wampa, hey heres a brewsky, lets pull up a chair and play.

can't wait to see what next, you guys realize its basicly one month away until ANH expasion comes out

I can't wait

Yoda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.