[TCG] A New Hope Online Line Event

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funky_Wampa Jedi Padawan

Ah, one more mechanic to go then - so they're saving the best for last...

So, this ferret keeps asking me for a slice of pizza - is that OK or will it have bad dreams? Nothing worse than an unhappy ferret.
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I hope it's something cool like tap an opponents chracter.
  3. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Funky-Wampa, the Ferrets are allowed Pizza, in fact we encourage it to keep them occupied. :)

Rox, that is available in a battle card, but then again so is Intercept, so yes that would be a cool ability built in a card. But I hope this one really is a major change like they say. Not too major so that the game is something else, but major enough to add more strategy for those waiting for just a bit more diversity to get into the game.

We should wake everyone up, the Last Mechanic will be REVEALED TODAY (and no, I am not saying that one of the Pep Boys will be flashing us so put your hand down Ferret_Boy and wipe that sly smile off your face or I'll tell Boba Ferret your mind is in the gutter again).

Also, a promo card with the mechanic will be in Inquest, and it will be on store shelves soon.
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I never buy Inquest, I think it's too bias toward WotC games. But I guess I'll pick this one up.
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Where can you get Inquest? I've never heard of it
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You can get Inquest at most supermarkets or book stores.

From lurking over at the Baser's site I saw that there are going to be other preview/promo cards in November. One in Inquest and the Insider(are they going to be the same card?) and one in a nother hig profile place.
  7. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    can you subscribe to it?
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm sure you can, i think it's put our by WotC so check thier website.
  9. BobaFerret Jedi Padawan

Hey guys... sorry I've been away for so long. I guess the ferrets have wreaked all kinds of havoc in my absence. It all started with... Kingdom Hearts. I played that game for a week, beat it (it kicks major amounts of booty, BTW), then picked up my copy of Star Fox Adventures, which while gorgeous, just wasn't my cup of tea so soon after KH. So, I exchanged Star Fox for Animal Crossing...

And now I'm here to say: Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I'm an Animal Crossing addict. I don't remember what life was like before this game, but I know I need to get a fishing pole so I can catch some fish. I've been catching bugs and selling them for profit. I've been mailing gifts to other villagers, running errands and going from my hometown of HolyCow to Ferreton, which I think exists because I have two memory cards in my GameCube. I know there is a 12-hour time difference between HolyCow and Ferreton so that the store is always open in one of the towns.

I'm not a morning person, but I must confess that I've been getting up early just to see what sorts of items are on sale at Tom Nook's store. I've been visiting the tropical island to pick coconuts for cash, and to check on my islander to make sure he's happy. But I sure would like a fishing pole to catch some of those big ol' fish...

Anyway, some how, I managed to snap out of my stupor and wander back to rebelbasers.com, a place that seems very familiar to me. I saw this Obi-Wan dude's card, and thought, "Dang, if that's version F and it's uncommon, let me see the rare!" Then I saw a note from Bacabachaui, who thought I left the line because of the ferrets, and remembered, "The line! Oh CRAP! THE FERRETS!" and so here I am, if only until Animal Crossing takes hold of my psyche again...

Must... stay strong... must focus on... hey, what's the going price of turnips these days?
  10. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    From Rebelbasers Boards posted by WotC_Chris:

Ok here it is...the long awaited 3rd mechanic. Let me start by saying I was very impressed that people guessed this one. They didn't nail it exactly...but amazingly close!

The third and final mechanic is Piloting. Each turn, heroes and villains with the Pilot ability can leap onto certain Ground vehicles and Space units and give one or more bonuses or special abilities to their vessel. Of course, as long as characters spend their time Piloting, they can't fight in the Character arena, and the Pilots are lost should their spaceship or vehicle be destroyed.

Typical stacking rules do not apply when putting a character on a vehicle. The bonuses and abilities are actually listed on the pilots card. Not all character will be pilots. The preview card in the new InQuest will have the new ability!

I will send netcowboy a new piloting card by the end of the day!

This is awesome news! I am going to start a separate thread to discuss this, because it is too huge to be buried in this thread with just us "Liners".
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Wow, this opens a whole new aspect to the game! A great addition!
  12. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Got this from WotC boards:

Princess Leia B
    Character Rebel Diplomat
    Build: 4

S: 40
    P: 3
    H: 3

Accuracy 1 (Add +1 to each of Leia's attack dice)
    When one of your opponent's characters would damage Leia, prevent that damage unless your opponent pays 2 force.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

98/180
    Picture of Leia sitting in prison cell.

And on Rebelbasers boards:

Jawa Leader
    3 Build
    Character--Tatooine Jawa

20 Speed
    3 Power
    3 Hit

Text is covered on this card.

Picture of lone Jawa with gun.

Also Luke is posted in the Official Piloting Thread
  13. Itchy_c Jedi Knight

Any new card pictures?
  14. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Friday we will get another......

That's in 24 minutes! :p
  15. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well, I have been busy lately with all the media circus around this event. Look for me on Jerry Springer on the show entitled: "Star Wars Geeks that were abducted by aliens and forced to harvest Wookiee clones, and the line events they stand in"

Now that I am back, I would like to point out that two new cards were released:
    Victory-Class Star Destroyer. It's a nice looking SD to bring into the sandbox, but it really is not too different in playability than some of the space unit options available. Maybe now or in the future there will be some SD theme decks based around other bonuses. Whether or not there is, it is still very cool to have them now, pitting against the Lightside predeccesors. Like the clones vs Stormtroopers.

Also they released Jedi Intervention which is a lot like Attract Enemy Fire, except you get to use it the whole turn, versus just one attack. However this pretty much makes Attract worthless since it opens up more options for the same price. Who would use Attract now? Unless your strategy required more than 4 JI and you wanted to add it to get the benfit more.

Overall, pretty cool cards. Can't wait to see the whole set and play with it as a whole!
  16. Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Master

star 4
    As announced at RebelBasers.com, the upcoming SW Insider, being mailed today, will feature an exclusive Luke card AND a card encylopedia for the new set.

Kewl. :)
  17. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my Insider yesterday! Every ANH card is pictured, some of them are quite interesting...

For example: Tarkin's Stench (love the name!) - Pay 12 force, choose one arena, tap all of your opponents cards in that arena
  18. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Nice....

I just got mine yesterday too but have not hadd time to go over more than half of the cards. Dang work! I need to get back to the camp out!
  19. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love the Leia card. Dark Side has to pay to force just to do damage to her. That is a great ablility!
  20. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Well... The wait is almost over. I'd like to thank everyone for standing in line with me (does anyone have coffee? It is real cold tonight). We are almost there. 5 more days!

Tommorow I have the unique oppurtunity to go over to WotC and play/preview the set to write an article for this site. WoooHooo!

(I am going to try and smuggle Richard Garfield out, I hear they keep him in the basement 40 stories down) :)
  21. Rox_Ness_Monster Jedi Padawan

How the line going? I've been busy planning things for the Pittsburgh IMAX premiere. I can't wait to get my cards!
  22. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    It's coming along just great!

I played with the actual New Hope set yesterday against David Eckelberry (Lead Game Designer), it was pretty cool.

I also saw the Death Star but if I say anything more than that, they will lift the "No Disintigrations" rule and send Boba Fett after me.

My article coming soon.

IMAX tommorow at 7:15!
  23. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not Fair!! I just got off the phone with the local WOTC and they didn't get they're shipment of ANH cards. I have to wait until next week!
  24. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That stinks! I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to organize my A NEW HOPE CARDS now. :)
  25. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    To anyone interested, I wrote a review of ANH here.

Should we open our boosters here or start a new thread?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.