main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCG Collecting

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by EUReader, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Since I don't know anyone who plays this game and I don't even know how to play it myself, I am still interested in collecting the cards. How many boxes do you think it would take to amass a full collection of a series?

How much do boxes cost?

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    There are currently 7 sets released, and the box prices vary based on their "age".

AotC, Sith Rising and ANH can be purchased on-line (eBay, www.potomacdist.com, etc.) for about $25-40 per box.

Battle of Yavin, Jedi Guardians, ESB and Rogues & Scoundrels are all still at the $70-85 range from the same sources, though Battle of Yavin should drop to the $25-40 range when the next release hits in July.

However, in order to get a complete set by purchasing boxes, it will take at least 3 boxes of ESB, 2 boxes each of AotC and ANH, and 1 box each of Sith Rising, Battle of Yavin, Jedi Guardians and Rogues & Scoundrels. IMO, you should be able to purchase one each of a complete set for less than that total price from eBay, etc., but I don't typically see these sold that way. You can usually buy a complete set of Uncommon/Commons for a box release fairly cheap, but the rares vary in price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.