***TCG Dream Card Contest IV***

Discussion in 'Games: TCG' started by Bacabachaui, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Contest run by and topic posted on behalf of Capt_Piett

Dream Card Contest IV
    -In honor of the newest expansion coming out soon, all cards submitted must include pictures from the movie "The Empire Strikes Back", I leave the rest up to you.
    -All cards must use existing card types(ej space), but you can make your own abilities(ej overkill).
    -Absolutely no cards will be accepted that violate the Terms of Service of the Jedi Council Boards.
    -Only 5 cards may be entered per player, 1 from each card type.
    -Card templates are allowed and are encouraged, you can find some here.
    -For any entry to be considered, it must be sent to my e-mail (jorklind@yahoo.com).

Awards:
    -Winner (Best overall card)
    -Most Original (Most original card concepts and/or original picture choice)
    -Artistic Award (Card that looks closest to a real card)

Prize:
    -Two weeks VIP status, with your choice of colors. (This must be documented in your sig. line, as well as the space under your user name).
    *Please note that any abuse of your VIP station could result in loss of your VIP status.*

Deadline:
    Midnight(EST) on November 13th, the winner will be announced within one week of deadline.

**NOTE: These will be playtested, so make sure that they do well in combat.**

-Piett

May the Force be with everyone and a big thanks to Capt_Piett for running this! :)
  2. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    (For unsticking later)
  3. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Woot!

This came as a shock, I hope I Win... again :p

Good Luck to everyone :)
  4. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    If anybody has any questions, just PM me or post on this thread.

-Piett
  5. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm a little concerned that we are almost a week into the contest and only Jedi_Benji has shown intrest and nobody has actually entered cards.

Oh well, at least this thread hasn't remained totally inactive.

To get things rolling, I might do a card that won't be counted in the contest, just to have an example to go by.

-Piett
  6. Darth_Benji Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yea Ill enter a card sometime, but Im in Year 12 ATM and I have a Heap of HW, also FFX is addictive :p

I Promise Ill enter a card though :)
  7. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    What ever happened to the tons of people that entered cards for DCCII?
    DCCIII was almost totally inactive and, so far, this Dream Card Contest is turning out the same.
  8. Darth_Benji Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just remember Not everyone Checks the Forum everyday Like us :p

Just Wait and Hope :)
  9. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    To sweeten the deal, I am willing to take your almost finished dreamcard and put the text on it so it will have the official fonts on it (which I have :) ). Just send me your dreamcard all put together without the text on it to bacabachaui@theforce.net. Also include what the text and abilities are, build cost, power, and everything should be. I will take your card image and add all the text and email it back to you. I will need a few days time before the deadline to get it back to you.

This will be good practice for me. I have tenative plans and hopes that the members of this forum will help me with an Expanded Universe/Yuuzhan Vong ENTIRE dream card expansion where you help me make the cards and I put the finishing touches on them to make them look real. So helping do this for the dream card contest will allow me to realize what my limitations are when we set this goal for the EU set (later on down the road)
  10. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    Ohhh..
    I call Talon Karrde!
    -JK

-Piett
  11. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    To sweeten the deal, I am willing to take your almost finished dreamcard and put the text on it so it will have the official fonts on it (which I have ). Just send me your dreamcard all put together without the text on it to bacabachaui@theforce.net. Also include what the text and abilities are, build cost, power, and everything should be. I will take your card image and add all the text and email it back to you. I will need a few days time before the deadline to get it back to you.

This will be good practice for me. I have tenative plans and hopes that the members of this forum will help me with an Expanded Universe/Yuuzhan Vong ENTIRE dream card expansion where you help me make the cards and I put the finishing touches on them to make them look real. So helping do this for the dream card contest will allow me to realize what my limitations are when we set this goal for the EU set (later on down the road)

Hmm, Im up for that :D

But Mind if I take a while to get a card done, Schoolwork these days is Horror!! :p

Ohhh..
    I call Talon Karrde!
    -JK

Im guessing that we all create all the cards, rather then each of us make like 10 or so :p

Also Baca could also enter this contest, Its not likr your judging or anything... :D
  12. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    Yea, Baca!
    You should send in a card! This could bring the total winners to two!
    (Plus, one person won't win all the awards, that could look pretty bad!)

I think I'll take this opportunity and make a cool German "Das Imperium Schlägt Zurück" dream card of the 'Sam Waterston' character.
    This will be a beautiful joke card!

-Piett
  13. Goo_Child Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I will try to work one up. I just need to figure out how to use the magic wand thingy in photshop because otherwise it takes too long to put the picture in and I am still working on some other stuff going up real soon.
  15. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Magic Wand is a bit iffy, Only use it if you have very contrasting colours, like red and blue.

Other then that click in a spot and itll make a ring with those colours attached to that one :p

I know, sounds complicated, just play around and ctrl+z when ya screw up :D ;)
  16. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    I just use BitMap when I insert my images. Unfortunatly, it ends up with a rather large file.
  17. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a reminder, the contest ends November 13th
    -Just wanted to make sure everybody turns in their cards.
    Don't wait 'till the last second. I waited for the last second on DCC III, look what happened. I didn't finish.

Ok, just get those cards in, I don't want to see anybody get cheated out of this card contest.

-Piett
  18. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'm talking about how to get the picture in the frame border easier. I have been doing it with the clone stamp and do it a pixel at a time on the edges where it meets the border. I know there has to be a faster way.
  19. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm talking about how to get the picture in the frame border easier. I have been doing it with the clone stamp and do it a pixel at a time on the edges where it meets the border. I know there has to be a faster way.

Indeed there is :D

First you Use Photoshop and load the picture and the Card.

You then place the card over the image.

Use magic Wand to select and deleate the white from the card image area, then position the pic layer under the now clear hole in the card.

Just remember to keep the card larger then the hole, and it should work well :p
  20. Darth_Bane_Windu Jedi Padawan

21. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    Send it to my e-mail (jorklind@yahoo.com), don't post it without sending to my e-mail, it will not be counted.

Just a reminder to everybody:
    This contest ends in THREE days, please get those entries in.

-Piett
  22. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a reminder to everybody:
    This contest ends in THREE days, please get those entries in.

Can I get a few days more, til sun night?
  23. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    I should have made the date more "week-efficent".
    If it is ok with Baca and the moderators, I will change the end date to Sunday @ midnight.

I'm going to check with Baca and let you know.

-Piett
  24. Capt_Piett Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I have offically changed the end of the contest to Sunday at Midnight.
  25. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Good, I can get an Entry in now :D

Expect mine sometime saturday ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.