main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCG Dream Card Contest!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bacabachaui, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    By popular request, I am going to hold a TCG Dream Card Contest. This has been on the back burner for about a week now, and in that time the Official WotC Website announced they are having a Card Contest where the winner actually gets their card made!

We can't really compete with that, however we're still going to hold a contest. Plus you never know when WotC will be surfing around, see your card, and decide to like the idea. They do visit these boards.

You can design your card using whatever resources you have available, but all card templates are available here, and they are already blank and easy to use. If you are having trouble accessing this page, PM me and I will email them to you. Use whatever fonts you can find that are as close as possible. Judging will not be based on fonts because the fonts used are not readily available unless you buy them for a lot of money. Just get them as close as possible.

There are not too many rules, other than that it should be TCG card and probably make sense within the flow of the game. You can use elements from all movies and expanded universe.

You can post your entries here in this thread. If you do not have a way to host your image, email it to me Bacabachaui@theforce.net and I will host it for you. (I have some free webspace with my ISP I haven't used up yet).

Entries are due by midnight January 31st (3 weeks and 3 weekends to work on these). If enough people think we should extend the deadline, then that is a possibility. Winners will be announced within 10 days of the contest ending. The prizes will be as follows

1st place-promotion to V.I.P. status for 1 week with ability to choose colors. Winner will also get a title announcing their placing in the contest.
    1st runner up-promotion to V.I.P. status for 1 week with ability to choose colors. Winner will also get a title announcing their placing in the contest.
    Honorable mention-promotion to V.I.P. status for 1 week with ability to choose colors. Winner will also get a title announcing their placing in the contest.

All winners agree to add the reason for their VIPship in their signature for the time they are in this status as well (per guidelines for contests of this nature "status be *thoroughly* documented - in the title, signature, and most importantly in their usernotes" so other users and Mods know why)

If the CCG players want to have a similar contest, PM me or Red84 (I have no idea what his schedule is like right now, I just do not want to volunteer him without knowing his situation). If he cannot do one, I can run it and will have to ask for help judging since I have not played the CCG in over a year (I wouldn't exactly know if a card was good or not). If someone judged, they would not be able to enter.

Please post any questions or things I may not have covered here.

2. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    How many cards can we enter?

3. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    and is it supposed to be, most professional, most powerful, most balanced... or even, the funniest card.

4. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    You can enter as many as you like.

For the 1st place winner and 1st runner up, cards will be judged by looking at the card as if were actually going to be made. Winners will be measured by overall usability/playability/strategy in the game, as well as the look and imagry used.

The honorable mention may be a 2nd runner up based on the above, or may be based on funniest/sillest/best original art/most unique/etc something lke that. But these types would not be in the top 2 places.

5. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    ok, Now I know what I'm going to do.

6. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    jeez, i have the prefect ideas but i dont know how to create em :(

7. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    I've Started!

8. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    jeez, i have the prefect ideas but i dont know how to create em

Just use what you have. I created my first (and only so far) SWTCG Dreamcard using the Paint program that comes with Windows automatically. I actually cut and paste each individual letter. I got art off Starwars.com. It was a painstaking process, but fun and it looked really good IMHO. Just play with it until you know how.

9. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Alright, ill give it a shot.

10. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    I have a really ugly rough draft done. I'll start my final copy on Friday. Then on to another card. I have such wonderful ideas!

11. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Ok I lied. I finished my final of my first card today.

12. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    IVE DONE ONE :D :D :D !!! Its poor but its my first card ever!!!

13. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    Congaudulations! (SP?) It looks like I'll only have time to do one. But It's slick so I know it will win... I think :)

Dooku

14. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    how modest dooku

15. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    I started my second card yesterday. It has a very complex image and I'm having to do a lot of editing.

16. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    hey, Bacabachaui You think you can post some card designs here, with the creaters consent of corse, just to see some examples, i wanna see wat everyones makin!

17. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    Here is Jedi Benji's submission:

[image=http://home.attbi.com/~m.brogdon/misc/bombercard.jpg]

Here is Goo-Child's submission:

[image=http://home.attbi.com/~m.brogdon/misc/maradarkfinal.jpg]

And here is one I made (although it is not in the contest, just another example) This is the first one I made and I will be making more for fun later:
    [image=http://home.attbi.com/~m.brogdon/misc/swtcg_baca.jpg]

Let me know if I got any info wrong above as to who did what. Also, these are the only submissions so far and both have spelling errors so if you want to send new ones, send them end by the deadline.

18. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Jeez, your card owns, mine s()x compared to everyone elses, what font did u use, i couldnt fine the real ones.

19. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    what program should i use to creat my card, nothing seems to work for me, is there a special program?

20. yodasoda2187

yodasoda2187 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I have a couple made but I haven't submitted them yet. I really like making dream cards!

21. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    I used Paint believe it or not. I have a selection of letters from other cards that I just cut and pasted each letter to make the text. Again, it was not quick, but it can be done. I am at work right now but later on I'll post the image files I have that has just about every letter in the alphabet somewhere on it, then you just have to cut and past one letter at a time. Or just do it like the ones above using any font.

22. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    GooChild you took my Idea! Well we'll just have to see who's Mara is better, because Im not gonna start something new.

DOOKU

Edit: I am also doing what Baca Dose using paint brush it takes quite a long time but the results are worth it.

23. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Yea i think i mite got back and do mine the loooong slooooow way, but the results are pretty awesome

24. yodasoda2187

yodasoda2187 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I also use paint for the ones I make. I don't have anything else so that's all I can use.

25. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    meh, just finished another card and did the copy and paste thing and it really doesnt take that long. It doesnt look as good as baca's but its still better then my earlier attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.