curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    All TCG threads now go here to the new board

Ok, I am looking into starting TCG, I want to know how fun is it? Is it lame if you like CCG or is it pretty cool? I don't have much money to buy stuff with, but i have enough to get started, So be honest, do the dice ruin it?

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    If you are a big, big fan of the CCG, the TCG probably will not be anything more than a fun diversion. The TCG is a fun game, but it lacks the depth of the CCG by design.

If you are/were a fan of Young Jedi or Jedi Knights, you could probably become a fan of the TCG....

3. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I think Artie's points are true if you count the first two sets or so. Adding ANH and BOY coming out in a few weeks, it is getting more and more strategic.

Still, if you like the complexity of the CCG and have your mind set on that, this would not be your game. The TCG is not as complex, yet is still tons of fun to play. More and more options continue to make it enjoyable.

You can still get in real cheap right now by ordering through www.potomacdist.com and get an awesome amount of cards for little $$$, and really try it out.

As for the dice, they do not ruin it. There are times when you're like Dang! after bad roll, but for the most part, after you play it enough it is a non-issue,...Really.

4. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Seems to me the first thing you need to consider is whether or not you plan on playing in a tournament environment or just casually. Before investing "any" money into the game (unless you would like to just collect the cards), be sure there is a "player base" in your area. Buying a bunch of cards because someone tells you it's a good idea online doesn't mean you'll be able to find anyone in your area to "play" with.

I'd try and find a card shop where there is a player base and then watch people playing. I'm sure they'd be happy to show you how to play. Perhaps checking the tournament locator on Wizards site (I suspect they must have one) would be one way to find a store close to you. Seems to me that is the best way to make an "informed" decision as to whether or not you want to spend dollars or not. Personally from what I've seen especially with most online dealers is that most carried the beginning sets and don't even bother to carry the latest releases. If that is any indicator, it's not a good sign.

Do the research. It will be worth your time in my opinion.

R'Bolt

5. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Well i was a big fan of CCG, i had a few cards and i loved a game. However i didnt have any friends who could understand it so i found myslef playing myself. With TCG i can play against friends, caus they understand it too, and some even play it caus its so cheap.

My point is that the game is easy to understand and if you play against friends its a bit more fun as you bag em out for a bad roll or somethin. And the Dice dont really do too much, the games comin more and more less random ass cards just deal damage rather then roll dice.

6. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, thanks....I have been looking into this and I have also been looking into LOTR tcg.....Lord of the rings is a little more me, it's no lightsabers and starships which are what is the coolest, But it is mroe ccg like and that's what i want. Tcg may not be out fo teh qwuestion, just not for me right now. Thank you for all those who replied.

Sorry if there are typos, I have the flu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.