main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Announcement: Rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 (TCW Movie and S101: Ambush this week)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Just a general announcement. Don't need to post in the thread unless you have questions or comments.

To keep things going during the dolorous summer without TCW, and in the spirit of what we've been doing with the Season 3 episodes, we're going to rewatch Seasons 1 and 2 as a community, and newly rate them.

So you can expect 2 poll threads per week, starting of course with S101: Ambush. The poll threads will also serve as discussion threads for the episodes; obviously we can't enforce this, but we'd really recommend that you do actually rewatch the episode before you re-rate and re-discuss it, I think it will be more fun that way.

Humble_Jedi is probably putting his fist through his monitor right now because this will affect his Ratings stats, but it will be all for the good eventually.

We'd also prefer it, even if you don't want to discuss the episode again, if you want to rate the episode, vote in the poll and then let us know what you voted (like you usually do anyway). Obviously we'll still get some poll trolling with 1/10 and 10/10 without any comments, but most of you I know will agree to do this.

After the experience of Season 3, it will be interesting to see how people rate the former episodes, either with rose-coloured or Sith-yellow-coloured glasses! Thanks, G_M.

Schedule Update: Polls will be held every Monday and Thursday from now until the end of summer. - BC

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    While I personally am not really interested in rating them, I do think it is fun to go through and rewatch the series during the break, even if only to point out new perspectives on things.

Perhaps it would not fit with what you have planned, but maybe the movie should be included as well. After all, it is made of what were originally season 1 episodes anyway. Also, season 3 could be thrown into the mix again towards the end, even though people already rated it.

3. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    Is it going to be like that Jedi think they did for Season 1? That was pretty stupid.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    This is going to be fun. :D

5. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    I already have the Season 1 and 2 collections so I can watch them whenever.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hells to the yeah! Even though I already spend my summers in, now I have something other than xbox and lego to do!:D

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    May I suggest that we rewatch TCW movie too?

8. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    I will, but I can´t find my second season dvds but I have 22 polls before that

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    How is this going to work? Not all of us have iTunes, access to the main site, or the DVDs.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Don't bother, then...

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Quite the contrary, it'll be great to watch all the old stuff again, and it will be very interesting to compare our new poll results to the sweep ratings we did recently and see how our opinions changed (or didn't) upon watching them again. ;)

Also, do we know when season 4 starts exactly? I was thinking maybe, just maybe, we could rate the (4?) episodes that got worked into the movie as well, which would be two extra weeks. Maybe it's not fair to rate them as individual episodes though. Just throwing the idea out there. :p

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yes I have no trouble starting with the film, I think that's a great idea.

13. jonas_jade

jonas_jade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2005
    Do we know where the points where the individual episodes would have ended?

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, I think some of us have figured it out. Not me though... Perhaps it's an idea to plan the day for the first poll, so we have an idea when we need to have watched the first episode. And yeah, we'll need to know at which scene / time to stop.

I can't wait, hehe. I especially love the first two parts of the movie. :D

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I think it would be much easier to simply rate the film as a whole

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    There is the danger though that the crappy ending will stick in people's minds over the good action sequences in the middle.

17. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    I haven´t seen the movie in a life, but I think the second episode starts with the republican cruiser over Teth, with the first ending with the republic lefting Cristophsis.

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yep, start with the film. I like that idea.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought Dooku vs. Anakin and Ahsoka vs. Magnaguards were good sequences.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    If those are the only gems you can find in that whole last quarter of the movie it says a lot about the overall quality.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, I was more saying that people generally base their views on films on the last 30 or so minutes because that's what's still in their heads.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I found Anakin vs Dooku to be one of the most atmospheric moments of early TCW, but the rest of the final third was terrible IMO. I'm adament that it was this 'episode' that left the sour taste in critic's mouths which led to the almost unanimous panning the movie recieved.

On it's own I find the Christophsis episode to be mostly fantastic. Could have done without Obi-Wan being sterotypically British but it would have made an undeniably strong pilot. Teth was a bit shaky but had some really cool moments, but that final third really dragged the whole movie down.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That doesn't apply here, since you were talking about the ending alone.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    No I was talking about the whole movie. Read Chewgumma's post above, he says the same things I did.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If we are going to discuss to episodes per week until September, and if we are going to include the movie too, I think we should start doing this like... now.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    We don't know when the fourth season will premiere, but I think we should just skip the film and go straight into the seasons.