main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Announcement: Rewatching Seasons 1 and 2 (TCW Movie and S101: Ambush this week)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We'll start with the film next week and Ambush.

I suppose we could do all of the Malevolence arc in one week, but that's pushing it.

At this point, I don't see a need to do this for Season 3, so we should have plenty of time.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Of course we don't know when the next season is going to begin, but we must count it will air at least in September to organize this event.

And I don't know why we should skip the movie. After all, it was the beginning of the series, and it's something that hasn't been discussed in a long time.

3. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    We at least know it is going to start around September of October, but September is more likely since Season 3 started on the 17th, and Season started on the 1st of october, so I imagine maybe somewhere between the 9th or 15th.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Again, we don't know. Since we're only doing two seasons, it won't take us that long by Fall.

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    If we start this coming week and do 2 episodes per week, we'll be finished with season 2 by the first weekend of September.

6. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    People asked about how the movie breaks into the four episodes. I came up with a guess as to how you can break it up into four sections that roughly reflect the episodes. Keep in mind that much work was done after they were integrated and footage was added, deleted, and reworked, including the addition of connecting scenes. The final product now works best as a whole.

Section 1: The beginning up through Palpatine and Jabba's conversation.

This first section primarily contains sequences that were originally created for production number 118, "The New Padawan". As many know, it was originally to be a flashback episode that I speculate was going to be the 20th episode aired, between "The Gungan General" and "Voyage of Temptation". During production, it was decided for sure that there would be a movie and "The New Padawan" was moved into the beginning of it. The "Through the Tanks" deleted sequence appears to be from the earlier pre-movie cut of the episode.

Section 2: The arrival at Teth through Rex's mind trick.

This contains footage from 101, "Castle of Deception", the very first episode. The deleted "Rancor Pit" footage was from it as well I believe.

Section 3: Obi-Wan's arrival through Anakin and Ahsoka talking in hyperspace about Tatooine.

Production 203, "Castle of Doom" is featured here. It was to be the second episode. I think this episode is where the "Platform Droid Fight" and "Cargo Hold" deleted scenes originated.

Section 4: Ventress telling about Rotta's death through the end of the film.

This final part is from 204, "Castle of Salvation" (the third episode).

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yes, definitely start with the movie, great idea.

But this week we still have the Season 3 finale polls to take care of, so I think we'll be starting this whole recap thing around the 11th, is that all right?

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    We have exactly 22 weeks until the first weekend of September starting today. So with the finale polls and the movie as well, depending on when season 4 starts, we may have to squeeze in an extra episode per week here or there.

So, we have 44 episodes + movie + 2 S3 finale episodes.

If we do the Trando arc this week, we'll have at least 21 weeks to cover 44 episodes + the movie. At least. If S4 starts half to late September, we'll have even more time.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I think we're safe going that way. If we learn that S4 will start earlier, we start squeezing 3 episodes a week.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Ugh... I never said we did. It's for organizational purposes only.

We've got 21 weeks until September. Do the math. ;)

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Wow, Alexrd.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Alexrd=troll?

Seems like all his responses have been aimed at griefing people.

13. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Indeed. Take it easy, there.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I preferred the shoddy Peace pic from Trespass :(:p

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I tried that, but damn imageshack showed me that frozen frog image. What's up with that?

16. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah, he's been like that for a while.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sorry if I sounded a little harsh at first, but if I had already explained the reason why I said September, why do you keep questioning/arguing it?

:confused:

Trolling? You got that wrong.

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You've come across a little harsh today Alexrd. :)

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Or it was the fact that a significant number of those critics ( self-appointed or otherwise ) had already been steeped in PT hate for almost a decade and saw TCW as merely the latest exercise in damning Lucas regardless of what was presented.

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ^The TCW movie was on par with any episode of Season 1. It may have suffered bad reviews as critics were expecting a movie rather than a few TV shows put together. Also, as an animated movie, it may not have been in the same league as something from Pixar, but that gap has certainly been narrowed.

21. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    The movie doesn't deserve the drubbing it gets. I know I liked it more than many because it was my first chance to see SW in a theatre with my daughters, but I've seen it plenty since and it's fine, certainly on par with Season 1 as a whole.

22. jonas_jade

jonas_jade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2005
    I liked the movie & can't wait to watch it again. It was definitely underrated!

But I'm holding out until the ratings thread begins. :D

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Add to the fact that they failed to acknowledge that the movie was a pilot for a TV series.

24. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yes, if viewed as "The new Star Wars film!", the CW movie is terrible. If viewed as an animated TV-series special pilot episode, it's pretty darn good.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah agreed it's not a new chapter in the saga and nothing like a SW-film should be- kidnapping a hutlet binds it together but it's not enough to keep it coherent and movielike- it lacks the tension of the movie- but as episodes New Padawan, Castle of Doom etc. are awesome- probably my fav eps (if they would be eps....) but it feels like many episodes of TV-series cut together (of course what it is:p )