main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW: Best Multi-Episode Arc To Date (S1 & S2)?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 7, 2010.

?

TCW: Best Multi-Episode Arc To Date (S1 & S2)?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2010.
  1. The Malevolence Arc

6.8%
  2. Downfall of a Droid/Duel of the Droids

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bombad Jedi/Cloak of Darkness/Lair of Grievous

5.5%
  4. Dooku Captured/The Gungan General

1.4%
  5. Jedi Crash!/Defenders of Peace

2.7%
  6. Blue Shadow Virus/Mystery of 1000 Moons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ryloth Arc

12.3%
  8. Holocron Heist/Cargo of Doom/Children of Force

13.7%
  9. The Geonosis Arc

41.1%
  10. Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter

16.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    To help kill time until the next TCW episode on January 22nd, here's a very difficult poll indeed, my friends.

The first poll to combine both Seasons to date.

Which multi-part arc was your favorite and why?

Be careful when choosing - the answer button is sometimes a little above each poll option!

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Grevious Intrigue/The Deserter.

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Ugg... this pole is confusing. I meant to hit Holocron Heist/Children of the Force and clicked on perhaps my least favorite: the geonosis arc. Bollocks!

Can one of the mods please fix and put my vote toward Holocron and off of Geonosis?

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Geonosis only stands out because of its spectacular first two episodes.

5. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    The Gunray Trilogy. (Gunrilogy?)

I would pick it just for Cloak of Darkness, but the other 2 episodes were fun as well just because of Gunray's awesomeness.

I also liked the Ryloth trilogy because of Mar Tuuk. Now that I think about it, it seems that throwing in some weirdo Neimoidian pretty much guarantees a good episode as far as I'm concerned.

6. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    The Malevolence Arc. It was just my favorite group of episodes from Season 1 and they were the first episodes that made me say "Wow, this series is really Star Wars".

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Sorry, we can't do that without resetting the poll. We did tell you to be careful, didn't we? ;)

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is tough. I really liked the newest arc, as well as the Cad Bane series. But I'm going to have to go with the Gunraylogy, since I can't get enough of Gunray and Grievous.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Is everyone voting correctly? I count 2 votes for Gunraylogy in the thread, but only 1 on the actual poll.

I haven't decided yet, I have to think on this.

10. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I voted Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter. Good action, writing, better dialogue, animation, little or no Ahsoka, and a very cool comeback by Grievous. Adi Gallia seemed pretty cool too.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I chose Grievous Intrigue & The Deserter as well- it's the only arc to approach typical EU quality, IMO, with more developed/better character work and interaction.

12. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I voted for the Ryloth Arc. Three solid episodes with action, character development and a great story.

13. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Easily the Geonosis Arc. It was pretty much what had restored my faith in the series after that horrible Holocron Arc and Senate Spy. I'm so glad that the start-of-season-2-nightmare is over and that the last episodes starting with Point Rain were all by far the best ever (Lair of Greivous is still No.1 though).
    I didn't pick Lair because the entire Gunray Trilogy was spoiled by Jar-jar and Cloak, despite how good it was, just wasn't enough to win me over.
    Ryloth was amazing. It just doesn't beat Geonosis though.
    Malevolence Arc was sort of cool but not cool enough.
    Aayla/Lurmen Arc was really nice. Very good episodes to watch in spare time.
    Hondo and his pirates made the Dooku episodes cool but Dooku pretty much ruined it.

The rest of the Arcs pretty much sucked.

Almost forgot. Those Grievy episodes were sick! Just couldn't beat Geonosis though.
    The Geo-arc went on for 4 episodes. Senate Spy is ignorable though as I can just exclude the fact that it was in this wonderful series.

14. Nigtronix

Nigtronix Jedi Padawan

Dec 6, 2009
    Ahh man!! WTH, I voted for Gore and it said I voted for bush!

15. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I seriously loved most if not all of the episode arcs, each for its own unique reason, but I voted Malevolence out of emotional attachment and fanboy principle. XD
    -Debut of Plo Koon and giving him great moments
    -The first time we see Y-Wings and learn just how awesome they are
    -Malevolence was an awesome weapon
    -Fairly good usage of most of the cast
    -"Skywalker! Balmorra is the nesting ground of the Giant Neebray Mantas!"

Not the most polished arc and certainly not the most cutting edge, but it had that nice adventurous feel that makes me think they could wrap it up into a movie. :p

16. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I went with the Holocron trilogy naturally:p... but Geonosis may have gotten my vote too except to me it sort of fizzled out with the whole brain worm thing. Don't get me wrong, they were enjoyable episodes, but they just didn't quite seem to fit the story as a whole. Senate Spy may have been a yawner of an episode, but it tied in more to Landing and Weapons Factory then Legacy and Brain Invaders, IMO.

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course, Grievous.

18. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    The 'Bane' trilogy. I so wanted to vote Malevolence, but it's especially Rising Malevolence that I like. Overall, the Bane arc was really great. Loved Holocron Heist.

19. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Ha, forgot to actually vote. My bad. Sorry, I'm new. I just now voted for the Gunraylogy.

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I still love the Droid Duology the best. It examined so many issues in its story, from Jedi attachment to Droid Sentience to loyalty to simply doing the right thing. Perhaps its odd but I find Goldie to be an unforgetable character and perhaps one of the most competent seperatist villians we've seen to date.

And the Droid vs Droid battle was epic!

Anyway my vote went to the wrong category, but my opinion stands:p

21. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Easy choice for me, Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter - best arc yet. To quote XCell:

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Although I think Grievous Intrigue might be the single best episode of TCW to date, but I don't want to vote for it because it has New Episode Glow. I voted for the Ryloth Arc for several reasons:

- Captain Mar Tuuk
    - Ahsoka using Thrawn-like strategy
    - Obi-Wan kicking butt with the Animal Mind Trick
    - Waxer, Boil & Numa
    - Mace Windu (including the Shatterpoint!)
    - Lightning Squad
    - Wat Tambor
    - Cham Syndulla

- overall, this was the first time the series really blew me away. It was also really the first time we saw a flawed Ahsoka who had to grow as a character. I also like how it was really the first time we saw a planetary invasion take place over 3 episodes.

Quest knows far more EU material than I, but I think the Ryloth arc, along with Ambush, Rookiees and Cloak of Darkness, were at the level of the best EU material.

FistoFan55 - you have the most interesting opinions. :) Cloak of Darkness was top 3 for me in Season 1. Dooku was by far the best part of Dooku Captured/Gungan General. And the Holocron Arc I thought was great!

That's one thing I'll always love about Star Wars - there will be some people who will find every single episode their favorite.

23. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Hey, a snapshot of the poll results *right now* would almost exactly match my personal rankings (with maybe only a slight bump up for the Jedi Crash episodes). I thought I was all weird and idiosyncratic, but I guess I'm a textbook LACWAC case.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I wouldn't say "best"- they have several moments each that do, however, get close. On the whole, though, GI & TD managed to maintain that for most, if not all, of the episode's duration.

25. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    Had to go with the 5 episode Geonosis arc. In terms of all around quality the series took a huge upturn with these episodes.

That said I love all of the arcs listed....Ryloth, Bane, and Gunraylogy especially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.