main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Dude. It's just a cartoon. No reason to become violent!

It's not like I demanded the bonus content right now. Just a couple of hints of what we might expect would be lovely. Like, "we're trying to bring it to you on DVD/streaming sites like Hulu/Netflix/*insert whatever*" or how many episoded we could expect, etc.

Ani501st likes this.
  2. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    But isn't all this likely (i.e., without question) tied into contractual agreements... hlc88 is just tellin' like it is. Don't kill the messenger :(

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Before this thread devolves into another few pages of this, would it make any difference if I pointed out that no matter how much one thinks al's posts are detracting from this thread (something I'm not commenting on the merits of here), a bunch of people throwing in their two cents about the posts' particular flaws only further deflects conversation from the proper topic?

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

[​IMG]

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There isn't much more we can do than wait. We can't exactly give the powers in charge of TCW's bonus material an ultimatum that they got three months or else.

6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    they are probably focusing their efforts on Rebels and Episode VII

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ''If i say that Darth Maul mysteriously survived nobody panics , because it's all part of the plan , but if i say that one little show is canceled then everyone loses their minds !!''

Huyang likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well Darth Maul gets resurrected and then the little show got cancelled with him still running around. That's kinda scary isn't it?

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Threatening someone is really going to help. :rolleyes:

You don't need my permission to wait another 3 months. None of us here are your parents!

Exactly.

10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

Reality would be so much more fun if it were that way. Let's make it happen!

11. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    JediGirl_Angelina, you be respectful of "The Clone Wars". It is not just a cartoon. It is a television series that really was excellent and a work of art to me. And, I'm not becoming violent. I just really would like them to announce when and how they will release the Clone Wars Bonus Content episodes. I'm not asking them to rush the episodes, I'm just asking them to tell us and announce to us when and how they will release the Clone Wars Bonus Content episodes.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I dunno, I think threatening to break someone's neck for not giving you information or not releasing entertainment material you want, qualifies as "violent". Lately when opening this thread, I feel like I'm reading a Stephen King novel with Annie Wilkes talking in first person.

13. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    I didn't say I would do it. I said if they didn't announce it, I wold be very angry to the point where I could do it. I never said I was going to actually do it.

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    That doesn't excuse you from making threats against Bob Iger.

I quote from you 'I could feel like going to Disney to grab Bob Iger by the throat and break his neck." That is becoming violent.

Again: they cannot announce stuff until all contracts are signed. As has been said by Pablo Hidalgo they will tell us and announce when and how they release the Clone Wars Bonus Content when they have found a format. Considering they haven't yet, its glaringly obvious to me that they haven't found that format yet - or haven't got to the point in the negotiations where they can announce it. How can this simple thing keep slipping you by? They cannot announce anything yet because they do not have the information we would like to know yet. It is really that simple.

That doesn't excuse you. You still make a threat - a violent threat. You are talking about killing someone here.

There is not much of a difference between could and actually doing it. You are still entertaining that thought of breaking someone's neck - that suggests that you could actually seriously attempt something like this.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've seen a fanbase do a campaign by decapitating action figures and sending them to the network. Needless to say violence doesn't do much more than get ya in trouble. FYI if I take a call for the company I work for and the customer threatens to come kill me or blow a store up I have to take it seriously. I press a button on my phone and police show up where they are real quick. Its not a good idea to just go around making threats to maim or kill anyone.

16. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    @annikinfan...number one fan...there's a joke here somewhere. I just can't see it yet...

EDIT: Got it! Bird's-eye-view shot of @annikinfan in Kathy Bates costume yelling "Caan!!!!!" (points for Star Trek, Cumberbatch tie-in...?)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Would you kindly not tell me what I should or shouldn't do? I have been nothing but appreciative and supportive of TCW on this forum, but it's not something that should induce violent thoughts like you shared. It's a tv show, not the center of the universe, not something people could not live without.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm tired as hell right now but I am laughing.

19. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I'm assuming that after you do this terrible act towards someone, the dialog will go like this?
    AL Patrickson: Commander tear this studio apart until you find that Bonus Content, and bring me the Disney Execs, I want them alive!

20. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    We parents gotta stick together ;-) Right now I'm trying to get a two-year old to eat something, just SOMETHING, off a plate of sausage, pickles, yogurt, avocado, cucumber and mango. (Her tastes are...uhhh...eclectic.)

Glad ya laughed. Hope ya rest. MTFBWY

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    I would not take Disney apart. That's suicide. All I would want is to make Lucasfilm give us something to calm us down.

22. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Fixed that for you.

You are the only one that needs calming down. None of the rest of us are showing the impatience that you are.

I suspect that you think we are feeling like you: the harsh truth is, I'm pretty certain the rest of us have lives to live rather then get so wound up over a cartoon show that we have to make threats just to get some information despite the fact we are going to get the remaining content at some point regardless once it is ready to release and they have found the correct platform for it.

24. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    hlc88 more sympathetic to your ideas on this front I could not be. But I think you need to give this up as a bad prospect for change, if only to save your sanity (and ours, when the response occasions more madness)

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I like to be optimistic! But I think I am beating a dead horse here.