main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Deader it could not be. RIP. Now let's return to our regularly scheduled nothingness :-D

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

I saw that, and remembered a question I'd been thinking about. I can't seem to remember if Cato Neimoidia might appear in this arc. Were there clues in the trailer? Also, this might be Padme's last significant appearance before ROTS, depending where in the show's chronology it takes place. And it looks like she'll be gorgeous, as usual. Maybe this is when she and Clovis Anakin make babies! One more thing, is this the first time in the show, when we see this section of her penthouse? No wonder Anakin was upset. Look at how low Padme has the lights!

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Actually it could be the last time we see Padme ever. She dies in ROTS (spoiler alert) and I can't see them doing any more Padme Clone Wars adventures or pre Clone Wars for that matter. At least a lot of the other main characters have a chance to appear in Rebels or other stories later in the timeline.

Say goodbye to the mother of Luke and Leia (I know some may say good riddance, oh well).

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    al patrickson : No more talk of making threats or violence, please.

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry couldn't resist :p

Huyang and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think we should just get back to discussing The Clone Wars lol. Not that there is too much to discuss at this point anyway...

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    You know, that is one of the things that's really something to think about... Once the bonus material is out, we may not have another story, EU or otherwise, set in this era for 'years', and we may not read about these characters again for even longer.

On one hand, they kind of got dragged out way beyond what was initially intended. On the other hand, I will miss Padme (Yes, you read that right), Windu, and the other council members who don't survive the war. This is likely the last we will ever see of some of them on the big/little screen.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This era got grossly oversaturated so I'm OK with not seeing it again.

As far as those characters, there's always the virtually-untouched era between TPM and AOTC, with ten years of time frame.

9. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    ^I think "grossly" is grossly--ok, not so grossly--exagerrating. I recognize TCW era has been well explored. But, your TCW short-fuse notwithstanding, these stories have been generally entertaining. Don't bring up Skyguy...I know, I know...:rolleyes:
    EDIIT: wait, you liked cheeky, Skyguy Ahsoka, didn't you... ;)

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have no doubt 'This' era will eventually be revisited again. It'll probably take a good 10-20 years maybe longer when Prequel nostalgia sets in for the kids who grew up with the Prequels and later the kids who grew up with TCW. TCW may be like Batman: TAS is viewed in retrospect by then.

11. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Or it will be largely forgotten like Droids, Ewoks, and possibly now the micro series... ;) (Though I doubt that)

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Why can't they just keep all eras going? Focus on the post-ROTJ era but also occasionally release a book/comic on the prequel era or other eras that have not been neglected. I think there may be discussions about finishing the TCW story in other ways (I got that impression from the various interviews) that TCW and that era isn't dead yet...

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I was hoping we might get some spin-offs set in the Clone Wars era but I don't know how likely that is. I agree with you, hlc88, I hope Star Wars continues to explore all eras rather than focus predominately on the time-frame of the Sequel Trilogy. I think we'll know once we hear about the first few spin-off films and their general storyline.

Circular Logic and hlc88 like this.
  14. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Remember, I personally asked Leland Chee about that possibility and he said it is something that's being considered (in a sort of roundabout all options are being looked into sort of way).

This is a franchise that managed to retcon the old marvel boba fett Mandalorian crusaders story to fit in with the prequels (and heck, even with the post s5 New Mandalorians now!). A lot of things are possible.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Well that sounds promising if they are looking at every consideration... We may still get the continuation of TCW but not in the way we would expect.

16. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Has anyone got any new info on the bonus content, recently?

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If we did, we'd post it.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I remember speculating about Cato-Neimoidia in the arc due to this picture I made

[​IMG]

Given we have seen that Cato-Neimoidia is still in the Republic in the S5 finale, maybe this is just a similar mountain formation seen on Scipio.

The Clovis episodes scenes looks very nicely rendered... Still annoyed they were not in Season Five so I could have seen the muuns already + San Hill maybe.

Indeed. Interesting how they managed to do that and still not manage to get the Separatist Leaders in the later seasons. LOL

cwustudent likes this.
  19. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    Well, I'll be at NYCC for the Rebels panel next Saturday, so I'll ask Pablo about if any Clone Wars characters will show up in Rebels and I'll ask him for an update on where they are at with the Clone Wars Bonus Content. Here's how I may ask him:

Hi, Pablo. I have two questions to ask. They're mainly about Clone Wars, but, one, of them is Rebels-related, and I know this is about Rebels, but I have to ask my questions for the sake of the fanbase of Star Wars. First up, can we expect any Clone Wars characters to show up in Rebels, because a lot of fans were hurt by the abrupt cancellation of "The Clone Wars" because they didn't get to see the fates of other "Clone Wars" characters before the show's end, despite the fact we will see some characters fates revealed in the upcoming Clone Wars bonus content like the fates of Rex, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and Hondo Ohnaka as teased by Clone Wars writers Matt Michnovetz and Brent Friedman on twitter.com, and what the fans are hoping to see in "Star Wars Rebels" is some Clone Wars characters showing up to get some resolvement and fates revealed so the fans can be healed from the cancellation of "The Clone Wars"? And, lastly, can you give us an update on where Lucasfilm is at with releasing the remaining episodes of "The Clone Wars" known as the Bonus Content? Reason I ask is because they year is almost over and we still have not gotten anything on when and how they plan to distribute the bonus content, despite a few clips from the upcoming stories. And, fans like myself are starting to lose patience, hope and time and are starting to doubt Disney won't release the bonus content and does not care about the "Clone Wars" fans. So, can you give us an update on the bonus content and tell us if we'll get an announcement on starwars.com before the year is over soon, like, maybe on this Tuesday when Season 5 of "The Clone Wars" is released on Blu-Ray and DVD? That's all I ask.

So, that's what I plan to ask Pablo at the Rebels panel.

20. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    That's an incredibly long question. Can't you whittle it down to one sentence?

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'd be very surprised if they let you talk that long.

22. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    Well, what if I explain it a little faster in like 1-2 min. that way other fans have time to ask their questions?

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I hope Bob Iger won't be there.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

No. If there had been any significant development we would all be talking about it.

The stuff in BOLD is the only thing you need to say. They do not need an elaborate explanation. And to classify us as need healing from the cancellation is just ridiculous. As far as I am aware, that is just you out of all of us here has made quite a big deal out of the cancellation and seems the most hurt by it.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well said. I don't think Hidalgo will be impressed by emo and drama.