main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    is there anyway of really finding out what and when we will get this stuff?
    surely disney have some kind of business stratergy.
    someone somewhere must know something real.
    the JAT interview was pretty good and made me feel a bit better about the whole thing but someone official needs to come out and say exactly what is going to happen with how much we're gonna get and hopefully when we can buy it.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    That's what I'd be happy they finish on a good couple Anakin/Obi-Wan episodes to pull on the heart strings some more.

Valairy Scot and hlc88 like this.
  3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think I'll be happy with what we get too - knowing there is more to come is stopping me from getting annoyed and once I thought about things then well it helped. We know of at least 2 arcs and there is potential for a few more as per JAT. I just hope some of the arcs released include what he mentioned about Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff since I am interested in that. Though I understand that other people will want other characters to take prominence... The only thing I will be disappointed about is if we don't get a wrap-up arc, and hopefully the way the press release was phrased and what Filoni said does seem to indicate that they may have got the go-ahead to wrap things up in a manner that will please fans. At least that is my interpretation of it anyway...

When they are ready to announce things then they will... I doubt there is a way of finding out until they are ready to release details.

eht13 likes this.
  4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    According to Daniel Logan this year.

5. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    It seems like Logan being involved means we will for sure be getting the bounty hunters arc so with Clovis, Fives, and that, it will be 9-10 episodes for sure. Clovis is 3 and the Fives/clone arc is 3.

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    How do we know that the Fives/Clone arc is 3?

7. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Brent Friedman or Matt Michnovetz who wrote it tweeted about it awhile ago.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    We at least know that season 6 is finished or almost finished. A bunch of sites have reported it, and JAT said in an interview with "bigshinyrobot" that it was finished or almost finished(not just the voice work, but the episodes themselves)

9. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    So if we'll be getting all of season 6, and some more story arcs that they're currently working on, we should be getting a good 20 episodes at the bare minimum.

10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I was thinking more actually.

Disney is such a mess for cancelling a show even though all of Season 6 has been completed. What is the point? Why not keep the show on for the season on Disney XD and see how the ratings etc went?

This whole thing is just a disaster. It's unfortunate because if Lucas was still in charge, he wouldn't do this.

klooney likes this.
  11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm expecting more as well. I said, "20 episodes at the bare minimum."

12. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Season 6 may be about 20/22 and after they may have 2 or 3 arcs left. So maybe 34 episodes left, it could be one blu-ray/dvd box set.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't really get what Disney is doing here. Just move the show to one of your own channels for the last series and then profit from the DVD sales. Stopping it befoire the end when there is not long to run and leaving big parts of the story unexplained seems idiotic.

I don't mind how we get the additional content, so long as it resolves the various unfinished story strands.

Of course, this may be part oif Disney's plan if they want to include certain characters in spin-offs or the ST....

14. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I think Disney are cancelling all the current Star Wars products to create a bigger 'drought' for the new film. I think they're afraid the 'average joe' is kinda Star Wars'd out.

15. Darth_Poe

Darth_Poe Jedi Padawan

Feb 20, 2013
    Hopefully we'll get one last final season of at least 22 or so episodes. We really need to see how Anakin's been affected by Ahsoka leaving the order.

16. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Bigshinyrobot was told this by a Lucasfilm spokesperson:

Concerned over reports that the remaining content from The Clone Wars would not be made available to fans, a Lucasfilm spokesperson contacted me to assure you that the extra content will absolutely be made available to fans.

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/50078

KED12345 and 07jonesj like this.
  17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I highly doubt any of the episodes will demonstrate an effect on Anakin over Ahsoka's absence. TCW has never been a show to carry over loss or show consequences of a character's actions change their personality, much to my chagrin.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    I agree with you if we had only the movies. But TCW pretty much humanized the Clones so much and made their relationships with the Jedi very intimate. We had several episodes where some clones question orders and some even become traitors or deserters.

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmm, well in his IGN interview, JAT said that he didn't know what had happened to Ahsoka but had guessed by the dialogue he had been recording for S6... so it may be covered in some way....

QuangoFett and TreborSabreon like this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    We're defiantly getting some Maul related in Season 6, so add another Maul arc in the wrappings. We're probably going to get the entirety of Season 6.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope so! Question is... will any of the arcs that will be released cover Ahsoka at all? :p

I like her character but I hope not as I think her walking away from the Jedi Order was a good way to end her arc and since the series has ended they should keep it that way for her because at least the end of Season 5 DOES give an answer as to why Ahsoka isn't in ROTS. And it also answers why Anakin doesn't mention her either.

22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Let's hope that if there is a Maul-centric arc that it ties his story up though. At least with Season 5, you could just say Sidious tortures Maul until his death.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    True. I do hope we see more Maul and I'd like to see that confirmed somewhere before believing it. If not, they can always edit the end of his Season 5 arc and leave out the new line from Sidious about having other uses for him - then his final fate is solved.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
  25. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    So much for "the best is yet to come" and the implication there would be quite a bit more material. Guessing Clovis arc and pre-Order 66 arc will appear as bonus episodes on the Blu-Ray release.

Also I gotta love how Lucasfilm throws the fans under the bus, as if the response was tepid. Well, they did that to themselves, there was virtually no information about what was going to happen to the show post-Disney buyout. In fact most early reports were the show would simply move to Disney XD, so that really doesn't create a sense of urgency about the fate of the show. It wasn't until a few weeks before the cancellation that rumors began to circulate that the show was going to be dropped... that's when the fan response started.

Hell, all one has to do is look at Star Trek Enterprise and Season 4. Paramount and UPN made it pretty clear early on in Season 3 that the show would likely NOT return for a fourth season due to ratings. Fans started a letter writing and internet campaign fairly quickly, and this was well before the advent of social media. Fan response finally came to a head with a "Save Enterprise" gathering outside of Paramount studios. Paramount relented and Enterprise completed its fourth season.

Had Lucasfilm been more forthcoming about the fate of the show I'm sure the response would have been not so "tepid." Heck I have friends who regularly watch the show and were shocked to learn the show would not be returning to Cartoon Network. But Disney played this well, they want a Star Wars drought so people are itching for more Star Wars... stupid in this day of Star Wars being a part of the contemporary lexicon and a regular fixture on social media, but I'm sure some bean counter thinks this is the best way to drum up interest in the next installment.

Yancy