main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Here's Part 3 of Dave Filoni's interview: http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/20...-star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-five-part-3/

He starts talking about Ahsoka and any closure we can get in the future with her and so on... But then he starts talking about the bonus content (finally something!). He says that the episodes we will see were near completion ("pretty far down the tracks in terms of production," he says). So, I wonder which arcs those could be? He also says that there are two arcs of the content that are very important to the overall Clone Wars story, and there is a very short arc that is a "final showcase for one of the prequel characters".... Hmm... Any thoughts?

2. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    I'm hoping the prequel character is Maul, but it probably isn't.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm more excited for Order 66 than anything else.

Darth Kickass and Darth Desolous like this.
  4. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Yeah, that's the only prequel character I can think of that needs a proper ending. Or maybe what Dave mean that since this is the last of TCW, then maybe a last arc about so-and-so, like maybe Padmé for example. But if they ever plan to finish the uncompleted arcs in the future, this couldn't be the case, though.

5. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I think it is either Rex in the Order 66 arc or Mother Talzin in the Yoda arc.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But Rex and Mother Talzin aren't prequel characters.

7. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Maybe Dave meant Padme in the Clovis arc. Because it's a short arc by 1 episode since it is a 3-part trilogy arc. And, that so far, seems to be Padme's last arc in "The Clone Wars".

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the final showcase for one of the prequel characters is Padme in the Clovis arc.

He is only talking about the arcs we knew of at the time he did that interview. There really isn't any new information.

atouchofanarchy likes this.
  9. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Lets line up the prequel characters wha appeared in TCW and possibly could not make it out: There is Darth Maul, Aurra Sing, Shaak Ti, Senator Lott Dod (not sure now if he was in RoTS), Barris Offee, Eeth Koth (not sure). Any other ideas? But sure, most sense it makes for Maul, and it would be for the best. Dave says it´s a very short arc, that means 2 episodes (figured that, cause 1 episode isn´t an arc, or could it be considered that way?).

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

Haha, turned out you were right! Mine were hidden--only those, not other unrelated comments--so it wasn't a ban for some other reason. That said, do keep it vague and not tied to anybody in particular if any details continue to go out; I blurted a bit in my haste. I'm currently in the process of getting a mod to clean up the trail here, so for now, let's just say this information came in an email from a deposed Nigerian prince and be done with it for a bit... ;)

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Last showcase for a prequel character could be Dooku, based on the Polish trailer shot of the Dooku duel.

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

It won't be Maul. The voice actor has already said we have seen his last work on the series (Mandalore). Filoni is likely referencing the Clovis arc which is Padme who is a well know Prequel character and a last hurrah for her or it could be Dooku.

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Sure hope its not surfer-Vos...

And if one of those arcs is to serve as Darth Maul's last hurrah, then my head might explode.

14. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Can I send this deposed Nigerian Prince funds and expect some more concrete info!?! In all seriousness, though, thanks for your efforts, gang, in tracking this. Non-evil Disney! Will wonders never cease!

15. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Not saying that the "prequel character" arc is not the Clovis arc (which is probably the only arc the we know of that fits), but a 3-episode arc doesn't seem like a short arc for me. Up until Season Four, arcs were basically 2 episodes, or 3 at the most, so what I would think is a "very short" arc would be a two episode arc. But yeah, we didn't really get new news sadly. :(

16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The bonus stuff could be the last we see of sooooo many PT characters really.. Dang.

17. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    The possible final appearance of Kitster?!? Noooooooooo

18. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    You know, in any other franchise, I'd be happy to see the tide go out... but in this case, Star Wars has such a content bloat that it's a weirder experience. You automatically know the new stuff will wind up circling back in a self-referential way, and that somehow takes the punch out of cameos and long-term peeks at where certain characters wound up. I guess it's just a question of whether that stuff will be any good... that's what will retroactively decide whether I'm happy about going away from the PT era or not.

My hope is that, since Rebels is the first serious TV or film thing that'll be centered around original characters, it might actually restore some joy to fanservice by taking the focus away from existing characters, making it a bit more exciting when a cameo happens. As it is, it seems like for every minor Jedi or bounty hunter who showed up in TCW, there were ten more who people wanted to see. But with original characters, maybe it'll actually be a treat to run into this Rebel or that bounty hunter once in a while, and not a lament about who we're not getting to see.

You'll never believe it... but there's a Han & Leia novel called "Tatooine Ghost" or something... and in that novel... for some insane reason...

Adult. Kitster.

[​IMG]

19. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    The Prequel character could be Ex-Chancellor Finis Valorum.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    According to the comics, Palpatine had him assassinated.

I'm not picky about the specifics but I'd like to see some version of that.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, Palpatine had Kitster assasinated? That seems rather unnecessary. :p

22. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Well he's supposed to be in the Bonus Content, concept art for him (@2:26 in the video) was shown at the Celebration Europe Clone Wars panel.

23. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    I don't really do EU. So I had no idea he had longevity. Good for Kitster. But seeing him grown up just makes me feel old given I was 30 for TPM.

24. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Oh, I forgot about him. His concept art is part of what would've been the 2nd episode of Season 6, so I'm not sure about this. BTW, who was the one that said that the Order 66 arc would have been the season opener?

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    darkmarc : I was 27. I feel old when I read about people seeing TPM in elementary school.

I read Tatooine Ghost and enjoyed it; I actually loved adult Kitster and his interactions with Leia. So that idea doesn't make me feel old, although the idea that Jake Lloyd is now a grown man, kinda does. :p