main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Trying to find a source. It may have been on one of the podcasts he did. But the only reference to it that I can find easily without trawling through a ton of stuff is this quote from an IGN interview from March earlier this year in which he says this about the Clovis arc being removed from the season: "We actually have another episode arc that we ended up kicking out, which is actually in the trailer. We just couldn’t air that many episodes, and it was kind of logical [to hold it]. When you see it, it’s clear why we did what we did story-wise. "

Though it doesn't necessarily say it, it does seem to hint that it would be better placed in Season 6 which the arcs in mind for that would have been made with Ahsoka leaving already decided. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...ve-filonis-season-5-wrap-up-discussion?page=2

2. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Just thinking: the prequel character with some proper ending in bonus content could be Barriss, she was sentenced to die very possibly in that court, but she could be executed by clones...not that I like killing but it could be interesting moment...

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    It's almost certainly Padme. Yes, most of us know the Clovis arc is a shoe-in for the bonus content, but not every fan who reads SW.com follows things so closely, so he didn't just assume everybody already knew. In fact, I think the only place the Clovis arc was directly revealed to be included was that one RFR interview...

Circular Logic likes this.
  4. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Have you got a link to Brent Friedman's comment as it seems strange that A Friend In Need is 406 and the Clovis Arc is 419-421 because I thought that from Darkness on Umbara they didn't produce the episodes out of order anymore.

5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

It is strange since Filoni's comment directly contradicts this alleged comment.

"We actually have another episode arc that we ended up kicking out, which is actually in the trailer. We just couldn’t air that many episodes, and it was kind of logical [to hold it]. When you see it, it’s clear why we did what we did story-wise. "

If it comes before A Friend in Need why would it make more sense in Season 6 story-wise especially since Season 6 would undoubtedly be after A Friend In Need? It sounds like to me the Clovis arc was better placed in Season 6 with the overall story of that season then before events of that season.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...ve-filonis-season-5-wrap-up-discussion?page=2

6. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I stand to contradict. Almost everyone should have known about this arc (at least parts of it like the Commander Thorn scene) because it has been revealed since even before Season Five started (through the Season 5 trailer). Though I won't be surprised if it is in fact what Dave meant. But it just doesn't make sense for him to be so vague if he was referencing to the Clovis arc.

Yeah, I have a link. I started getting bored already. :p So I don't know exactly when he says it. http://rebelsreport.com/2013/11/22/rebels-report-2-behind-the-scenes-with-brent-friedman/

7. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    It's after 1 a.m. where I live so I'll have take a rain check and listen to it tomorrow, thanks for the link though
    Edit: Yeah, It starts at 27 minutes 16 seconds and Brent says that it was originally a four part arc but was broken up. So if I follow him correctly it should have played in this order:

419 An Old Friend
    420 The Rise of Clovis
    421 Crisis at the Heart
    406 A Friend In Need

The fact that they've held the Clovis arc back this long might suggest that they changed enough so that it's no longer a prequel to A Friend In Need.

8. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    You're welcome. It's only around 5:30 p.m. where I live. But I found it when he talks about the Clovis arc: around the 27 minute mark. He says that the arc was a 4-episode arc broken down into pieces, with A Friend in Need being separated from the rest of the Clovis arc. But their production codes are way off though. Maybe the team decided to change their minds and make another out-of-order prequel arc.

9. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    We can hope! Just want them to give us a date already.

Darth Desolous likes this.
  10. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Oh, you think they changed it up? Wouldn't it take even more time though to make it different, something they lacked (including the resources) following cancellation of the show in March.

11. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    I was thinking maybe they changed things during the initial writing process before the animation process even started and the fact that Obi-Wan supposedly talks to Anakin about his relationship with Satine maybe they wanted those episodes nearer to The Lawless and personally I feel there would be less of a connection between the Clovis arc and A Friend in Need than say something like Revival and the 3 Mauldalorian episodes. Padme and Anakin barely feature in A Friend In Need, Clovis and Embo aren't even mentioned at all and everyone is shocked to see the return of Lux Bonteri. Well I'm rambling and it's 2 a.m. now, so ZZZZZZZZZZ

Darth Desolous likes this.
  12. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Yeah, it doesn't seem that they really connect, but I was starting to think of something. Maybe since the Clovis arc is likely going to be a politic-centric arc with battle elements too, it will probably lead into that Confederate-Republic peace conference in the opening of A Friend in Need. Like possibly it can tell us how the CIS and the Republic change from despising peace (revealed from those political episodes from Season 3) to seeking peace. This is probably the only plausible connection.

13. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    It sounds like they were part of the same writing block. For the 24 episodes pitched in the season 4 story conference, it appears that every writer was ultimately assigned 4 episodes (typically one arc). The exception would be head writer Christian Taylor, who wrote 8 episodes.

It appears that they decided to make a one episode story to deal with Death Watch and begin the Lux / Ahsoka storyline that would return in the Onderon arc. It was also decided that the Clovis arc would only be three episodes long. When assigning the arcs to the writers, it would make sense to group these four episodes together as a batch for one writer (Christian Taylor). I think that is mainly what Brent Friedman was talking about. I am not convinced yet that they actually were one story that was broken up or that the Clovis arc is a prequel. He may have been a bit confused about that as he seemed to have trouble remembering it completely. For your reference, the episodes from the story conference appear to lay out as shown below (with production codes).

Note: The Slaves of the Republic arc was apparently not part of the story pitch, but rather a special arc that Henry Gilroy and Steven Melching adapted from the comics.

Umbara Arc - Written by Matt Michnovetz

325. Darkness on Umbara
    326. The General
    401. Plan of Dissent
    402. Carnage of Krell

A Friend in Need - Written by Christian Taylor

406. A Friend in Need

Rako Hardeen Arc - Written by Brent Friedman

407. Deception
    408. Friends and Enemies
    409. The Box
    410. Crisis on Naboo

Ventress / Darth Maul Returns Arc - Written by Katie Lucas

411. Massacre
    412. Bounty
    413. Brothers
    414. Revenge

Onderon Rebellion Arc - Written by Chris Collins

415. A War on Two Fronts
    416. Front Runners
    417. The Soft War
    418. Tipping Points

Clovis Arc - Written by Christian Taylor

419. An Old Friend
    420. The Rise of Clovis
    421. Crisis at the Heart

Young Jedi Arc - Written by Christian Taylor

422. The Gathering
    423. A Test of Strength
    424. Bound for Rescue
    425. A Necessary Bond

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  14. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm -- well, it would certainly be interesting if they ended up airing it on Disney. March 2014, huh? I'm not going to buy it without an official confirmation, but it's certainly believable.

al patrickson likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that makes sense more so than any other leads we've gotten. Hopefully it's true; March isn't too far away.

(Dammit, look what you people have done, you've gotten me anxious for this.)

Darth Kickass likes this.
  17. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    It's in a Wiki entry but hasn't been officially announced, hmmm.[face_thinking] Those promo posters look a bit fan-made to me using screenshots from the clips.
    [​IMG]

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Leland Chee (Lucasfilm's Holocron Keeper) tweeted:
    "Looking forward to 2014 when we'll be able to talk about some of the things we haven't been able to talk about."

Clone Wars gag order pehaps? Or he could be just speaking about new projects in general that they have to hold off to promote.

podjazd and darklordoftech like this.
  19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Anything to do with Wiki can be edited by anyone. Not reliable at all. All they have done is taken it from that Polish site. A grain of salt needs to be taken with this.

Exactly. Lets hope it means TCW. Maybe an early January announcement then. They've just had to wait till next year to be able to talk about stuff. (I bet they have already sorted out everything but were not allowed to announce it this year).

TheMDOSS1313 and Obimus Primobi like this.
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I forgot to mention, James Arnold Taylor was on Rebel Force Radio and they started grilling him a bit about the Yoda arc screening for cast and crew that happened a couple weeks ago at Lucasfilm. Well James was squirming with the answer, and it didn't take him long to reveal that they were not allowed to talk about what they were doing at Lucasfilm. Jimmy Mac basically said "its no secret that it happened" since Brent Friedman let the cat out the bag, and the pic was tweeted of the cast posing with Filoni and the Emmy at that time. I guess the info wasn't supposed to get out... James mentioned that although he thinks its really silly, he wasn't allowed to confirm or deny that the screening happened. The fact that Lucasfilm is being so shifty about a screening of an arc that we already know about tells me that this is some weird legal thing. I would bet the legal team are being careful with any talk of screenings of this material due to the Cartoon Network deal. Lets hope that this embargo ends in 2013 like we are speculating, and the flood gates open in 2014.

podjazd, Circular Logic and hlc88 like this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Who are those green Clones?

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  23. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    That was a rumor from a Polish website which was debunked.

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    No, this was not debunked. Pablo Hidalgo stated that "10 sounds too low" as far as the count of episodes, but the Disney XD part, the trailer content, and the title of the season was not denied. Pablo said the scenes from the trailer sounded familiar.

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I guess no other information could be said... The actors definitely know something.

I do wonder if the Disney XD thing is true... if the airing is a success, if it may pave the way for more The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions...

This. Only thing we know for sure is that the 10 episodes is too little, which suggests a higher number then 10.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.