main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Well, yes, I know that! :p I'm just suggesting that perhaps this arc is retroactively reinforcing that idea. Its in the same vein as the Rako Hardeen and Fugitive Ahsoka arcs that pit Anakin against the Jedi Council, leading to Anakin considering the exit door. By ROTS, he's practically got one foot out the door, as he's wrestling with the reality of raising a child, possibly by himself if his wife dies.

Likewise, the greater arc of Savage and Maul, Sith villains for a time, retroactively give weight to Obi-Wan's line, "Chancellor, Sith Lords are our specialty." Its a damn shame Maul and Talzin will go unresolved. (And Boba, too!!!) Where's my pitchfork or torch?

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    The worst part.

From the article about 2 more arcs, it sounds like this would have been the Boba Fett arc when he finally dons the costume. :mad:

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe they'll resolve these things in the spin-off movies.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    While digging around for Sam Witwer TCW interviews, I stumbled across this article dated more than 3 weeks ago where Witwer hints at the possible future of Maul in the series and his opinion of the season 5 finale and the voice acting crew. This was written before the announcement of the cancellation, and I cannot help but feel bitter that we will most likely never see the promised future stories with Maul in TCW. Witwer sounded so enthusiastic regarding the future stories about him ("What I want for Maul is what happens with Maul. I [cannot] tell you more."). I hope they can at least resolve his fate in future EU material.

Anyways, I found this particular quote interesting:
    I know he was being facetious, but I would certainly be entertained by a Sidious/Maul on Coruscant sitcom!

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Witwer would be one dude who would be interesting to hear some more from following the announcement. Witwer was actually a great spokeman for TCW and a lot of fun to watch in interviews. I can only imagine there will be some sort of conclusion to Maul's story in the bonus material arcs. I'd like to see him at SWW in the odd chance he is there. Not sure if I'll go myself anymore. I'm reluctant to give Disney my money like that at the moment.

JasonW and cwustudent like this.
  6. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
  7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Not confirmed and theforce.net sources have been wrong before. The other sites with more reputable sources have yet to hear this from their own sources. So not fact yet.

darklordoftech and Darkslayer like this.
  8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    But wouldn't going be a good way to show your support for the show? Make a show of support for TCW there, in a public Disney place... It could possibly help.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking the same thing... show support to James and Ashley who were both very bummed about the cancellation given how active they are in the Star Wars community.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't know. That will cost around $200usd to show that support which I feel will mainly support Disney waving the SW flag. Its sure to be a big event this year but not I don't think it will for TCW.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Man, I know this stuff is unconcerned but it feels like this stuff is happening all over again. Depressing.

Still I'm gonna merge this with the real Bonus Episode discussion thread.

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Well if I had the money to fly over the Atlantic I would definitely go, but I can understand your reason for not wanting to support Disney.

13. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    glitch trip post

14. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    What would be cool to see (probably won't happen, but it would be cool to see) would be for a few 1000 fans to all plan to go and shut that convention down with a MASSIVE "sit-in" in support of TCW. I mean get into the main event hall and shut the con down by not leaving.

Darthgoodguy and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmm... anybody else in the Central FL area here planning to attend SWW?

16. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Neither are ANY of the Star Wars movies. Man in black with scary mask = evil. Farm boy in white = good. Red lightsaber = bad. Blue lightsaber = good. Doesn't mean they're not awesome, IMO

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I actually believe that just because a movie or show lacks subtlety doesn't mean it's inferior. As you mentioned, none of the CT or PT movies are particularly subtle in their storytelling methods. But just because the main plots are unsophisticated does not by any means make them poor movies. One thing that Lucas understood well was that the works of Joseph Campbell and the Hero's Journey are stories that can appeal to multiple generations. The ancient tales and myths from antiquity, particularly the Greek classics, have become timeless in part because human nature has hardly changed in millennia. Most of the "epic" stories being told today and in ages past incorporate these elements of the Hero's Journey because they never fail to evoke an emotional response from us. The stories are often at their heart very simple, but they do not suffer for it.

I think it is this incorporation of the Hero's Journey from classical mythology dating back thousands of years that makes the CT so appealing, in addition to the original sense of wonder at exploring such a vast and diverse universe. The PT also incorporates elements of Greek and Shakespearean tragedy in telling the story of Anakin's fall. The stories told by the movie trilogies are quite simple, but the SW universe itself holds room for countless stories, told via the medium of the EU, including TCW, both of which often tackle more esoteric concepts not covered or rarely covered by the movies.

TreborSabreon and Darthgoodguy like this.
  18. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Seerow and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  19. themirrorman478

themirrorman478 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2012
    If they ever do get around to making a live action series, they could possibly show what happens to ashoka after episode 3 and the jedi purge, I think it would make an interesting sub storyline (as long as they dont make her into a bounty hunter)

20. ryan123450

ryan123450 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 23, 2003
    Well the Dark Horse announcement has nothing to do with The Clone Wars. Color me disappointed. :_|

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Bummer.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking this is good news... That the remaining Clone Wars story arcs won't be dumped into comics. It's not the same as seeing them animated. I'd be ok with dumping the miscellaneous story arcs into comics if they have droid arc type of stuff that has little to do with the loose ends... But not Rex, Maul, Ahsoka, Asajj, Cad Bane, etc.

Also must have Yoda arc animated!

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would like to see TCW finish up on screen but if that doesn't happen I'd rather have comics than nothing at all.

TreborSabreon and darklordoftech like this.
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm not giving up hope, even if it takes them a few years to get to or get through it slowly. If they make it a comic I'd be afraid they'll never get to it in animation.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm actually glad the Dark Horse announcement had nothing to do with TCW. They didn't say it's just a comic now, over and done with.

Darth_Harmon likes this.