main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 23, 2003
    Well I'd rather have comics than nothing. And that's what it looks like we're getting now. A few more random episodes and then cancelled altogether with little more plot resolution than we have right now.

Seerow likes this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Eh, the only important characters who absolutely require explanation are Rex and Talzin.

Even then, you could just say that Talzin's plans were foiled when Sidious intervened, that she didn't expect him to.

We were really fortunate that Ahsoka was dealt with, I feel. Imagine if it that had been left unresolved!

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We only really need about three things resolved but I'd gladly take more in comic book for if it had to be that way to get the best possible resolution for those characters/things and the other unresolved plot strands in TCW that will likely never get a resolution now.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  4. Nickster79

Nickster79 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    I'm just as sad as anybody that the Clone Wars is ending, but when you consider everything that has happened in the series and the comics during a three year span, it starts to get a little ridiculous.

Really wish Disney had given Filoni and his crew one balls to the wall full season to wrap things up, but I guess this will have to do.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, maybe the "two arcs" is what they're finishing then they'll be a final "mega super wrap up" arc produced? It could happen! 4 episodes to finish it off is doable. Just every TCW plot happening all at once on top of each other!

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I only hope you're right.

7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    While that sounds exciting, it could contain too much stuff going on at once. A over-stuffed story.

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Just a small piece of info that came out of the Forcecast interview that Eric/Spencer just did with Ashley Eckstein...

They asked her if she recorded any more Ahsoka past Season 5. She basically said "all you have to do is look at my instagram history to confirm that." Sure enough she clearly has photos from October and November 2012 with cast and Filoni with captions noting they were recording sessions. One was with Dee Bradley Baker.

They record these episodes about a year in advance of the airing, so that would have been Season 6 material.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Would we want to see new Ahsoka material, though?

The Wrong Jedi ends with clear resolution to her character. It has a feeling of finality. What if this extra material ends in a cliffhanger of sorts?

10. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    A great resolution would have Filoni come out and say that TCW was just a sick April Fools Joke.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You're right that additional material does not always mean better material... but I will again say that Ahsoka's arc as a hero shouldn't end with her "quitting" something. This would be her "first step into a larger world" as she becomes a hero in her own right. This could be something that could continue outside of this show and in a different show or movie. As you said though, it has to be well done though to match the level of quality in the Wrong Jedi.

Seerow, VMeran and 07jonesj like this.
  12. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I would say if we do get a massive final arc with all our characters getting closure, show Ahsoka, but don't have a real plot. Have it her doing something, like on a farm. With Lux. I don't know. But I wouldn't want to see an arc about her. The Season 5 finale was perfect and beautiful.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Rex doesn't need an explanation, what he needs is a proper character sendoff. Show that he was there during Operation: Knightfall and then show that he became integrated into the Empire.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    ^Or better yet, how he manages to overcome his conditioning and help save at least one Jedi (Ahsoka?)

Seerow and cwustudent like this.
  15. Nickster79

Mar 31, 2013
    Nope--now we need a post Episode III story where Darth Vader finds out she's a live, tracks her down to ask her to be his new apprentice, and tragically kills her when she refuses :b

TreborSabreon and 07jonesj like this.
  16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    To be honest, I don't get why some people think that Rex wouldn't obey Order 66. If anything, after seeing Krell, a Jedi, lose his way and purposely kill troopers, he'd be even more inclined to obey Order 66 immediately.

17. Nickster79

Mar 31, 2013
    Exactly. That was one of the best parts about the Umbara arc; it gave a very plausible reason for the clones to turn against the Jedi they had served under.

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I don't think Rex would obey Order 66. I think there's been groundwork for that...but that's another story.

I like to believe most of the characters from TCW live on past Episode III, including Rex, Maul, Talzin, etc. and all have very important stories going on in the future.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed. The only way I'd want to see more of Ahsoka in TCW, at this point, is if it's to show her death. We certainly don't need yet another story left unanswered in the Star Wars narrative.

I sure would like to have another look at Rex, though (hopefully offering us some semblance of finality, one way or the other, with his story, in the process).

edit: Oh, and I forgot to add that I'd love to see Maul's head wind up on a pike before he somehow squirrels his way into the ST by some absurd, twisted logic.

20. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I very much want to see Ahsoka's story continued in the future in film or TV, but I feel her role in The Clone Wars is over. I wouldn't like The Wrong Jedi to be her final appearance in the Star Wars canon, but for all intents and purposes her role in this part of the story has a nice, neat ending. If the show continued to its natural resolution, I would've been perfectly happy to see her in season 6 and beyond of TCW, but now that the show has ended prematurely, I feel like it's best to leave her story finished for the time being. I think her overall story is far from over and needs to be told. She's now an integral part of the Star Wars canon, at least to me. Future projects should seek to make the entire story from Episode I through the Sequel Trilogy and beyond one cohesive story between movies and TV series. It's too difficult to integrate novels. The same group of people work on the film and TV series all under direct supervision from George Lucas. In the future, George seems to be maintaining his creative role in the series, though over time he may pass that on further and further to Kathleen Kennedy and hopefully Dave Filoni. I like the novels, comics, and games, but with EU authors working primarily independently, it's too difficult for their work to be integrated directly into the same continuity as the movies / TV series going forward. I would like to see the distinction made between EU and Lucas continuity to make this abundantly clear for all future releases. With new novels being released this summer taking place after Fate of the Jedi, it seems the current EU story will continue along as it should despite the imminent contradictions Episode VII will bring about.

Ahsoka, Rex, Talzin, Maul, Hondo, Bane, etc. really are too important to all have conclusive endings in The Clone Wars. I believe they should have a future in the Star Wars galaxy told through future stories. I have some very specific ideas I don't want to get into right now. Now if only I could chat with Dave Filoni.....XD

21. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I should rephrase my thoughts on a wrap-up comic: I would be very happy to see a Dark Horse tying up any loose ends, but before anything like that is announced I'd want to know how many arcs are to come and when they will be released. Once all the video content is released, then they should release a comic tying up the loose ends.

I just didn't like the idea of learning that a bulk of the series was shifted to comic form and that we were only getting a few episodes.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    FYI, Sam Witwer's interview with MTV Geek had some snippets on the Clone Wars, and it looks like he didn't record any more Maul and only knows of the idea of where he was headed. So, not looking good for the "bonus material" and it seems they'd have to work on this for a later project if they are to bring him back:

As for Darth Maul, the last Darth Maul that I recorded was the stuff that you guys saw. I knew what some of the plans were, but Dave Filoni could tell you more in terms of if there’s any opportunity to continue that.

He also had a comment complimenting the "arcs" that are complete, so not sure if this implies there is more than the Order 66 and Clovis stuff or not:

There’s stuff they already had complete, and thankfully some of the arcs that they have complete are really incredible “Star Wars” stories.

Here's the link: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/04/02/sam-witwer-being-human/

23. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    No offense to Clovis, but I can't see that being one of the really incredible stories that they keep referring to in interviews. For starters, the arc itself is really old, from the latter half of production season 4. I'm starting to think that the Yoda arc and the Bounty Hunter arc, as well as Order 66, are a part of the awesome stuff they keep teasing.

Real shame about Maul though. Now I'm really pushing for a Dark Times era Obi-Wan spinoff film featuring Maul as an adversary.

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If they don't allow it to finish up on screen then I would hope for a novel. I'm not buying comics. :p

07jonesj likes this.
  25. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I'd prefer comics and a radio drama. That way we get the visuals and the audio.