main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    ...I can't imagine much worse than "just does order the clones, then used for blood transfusion with an entirely unrelated species for no reason" as the Sifo-Dias story...

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I cannot wait for the Sifo-Dyas arc in Season 6. This could really elevate the Clone Wars to a whole new level, giving them an even stronger presence in the realm of the saga. As this was a revelation left out of the films, it feels approriate that the cartoons receive this integral aspect of the saga. I cannot wait to see Filoni and crew pull their own spin on this, as I have approved of every change they've made to this loose canon, to put it simply.

This has left me absolutely ecstatic, if there was a reason to start being optimistic after the terrible cancellation news, then this is it! We're finally getting Sifo-Dyas!!! (And no, I don't care what the books have said)

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Have you even read them?

4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Huyang likes this.
  5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    To be quite honest, I don't think there will be any major retcons or damage to continuity coming out of this arc. Even if that lightsaber is confirmed to belong to Sifo-Dyas at one time (as opposed to someone related to him, like I mentioned earlier), that can be reconciled with the events of the Visionaries comic by saying it was a spare lightsaber or that he was a dual-wielder. There is absolutely no indication in that clip that he is in any way alive, and right now we can't make the assumption that they will overwrite the story of the clone army's creation from Plagueis or LoE. For all we know, they will stay true to it in some way, shape or form. What a pleasant surprise that would be, especially if they acknowledge the role of Hego Damask (though I suspect TCW will stick with the Dooku explanation).

If the Jedi do find Dyas' body, then we would know for sure that they contradicted The Eyes of Revolution, unless Dooku was foolish enough not to dispose of it following the Grievous blood transfusion, and left it somewhere for the Jedi to find...

Now, if Sifo-Dyas does turn up alive somehow in this arc, then I take back everything I said earlier. That would be an outrage since it would contradict G-canon too!

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I have to admit that, as often as I have enjoyed various Star Wars stories as related through novels, comics, video games and the like, the handling of the Sifo-Dyas character has thus far left me feeling underwhelmed. While I generally prefer a prior canonical source be respected, this is one instance where, if handled in a compelling enough manner, I would probably be in favor of some changes courtesy of TCW.

That said, they'd better make it damned good!

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    The whole SifoDyas thing is actually very open ended because the last time we see him is before Grievous even exists. With over 10 years of events happening between that, there's very little reason you can't have him end up in whatever state we may find him in during the arc unless he is either alive, or not human.

Who knows? Dooku could've dumped off his body as a way to throw off his enemies. I have a feeling the EU explanation and new material will be able to coexist just fine, both for those who want it to, and for those who wish to ignore what came before.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Even when I first saw AOTC I always figured that Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas and impersonated him.

darklordoftech and TrandoJedi like this.
  9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm really excited to hear more about the Sifo-Dyas that GL has/had in mind. I wasn't very interested in the EU Sifo-Dyas. Darth Plagueis perked my interest, but my view of the character is...off...(looks like Warren Fu but sounds like Daniel Davis). And if it leads to more Dooku intrigue, then I'm all in! Oh, how I wish that Dooku will be examined before the end. I suppose there's still an opportunity, as we could get solo episodes, a la S1 - S2.5. How cool would it be, if we got just one episode that wrapped up Maul...

10. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    An awesome thing about Darth Plagueis is that we don't know if Sifo actually went through with ordering the army. We just know the idea was planted in his head.

In the audio commentary for Ep2 GL says that 'the next movie will answer the mystery'.....but it seemingly doesn't. However IMO the answer is there just not overt. Again IMO, when Sidious gives the signal to execute Order 66 THAT was supposed to be our clue that he either impersonated Sifo or had him killed just after the order was placed. It makes little difference because he still knows about the programmed secret Orders and the Jedi still get pwnd. It seems that to GL that little bit of an answer is good enough...or I should say was good enough until now.

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    It would seem that this is one "open end" from the films that Lucas wants to tackle since it's a seemingly innocuous detail introduced in AotC with tremendous significance to the whole Order 66 plot. Keep in mind that most SW fans probably haven't read Plagueis or the other Clone Wars-associated EU so that whole Sifo-Dyas plot is unfamiliar to them. Hence, why GL and Filoni decided to delve into this mystery, one of the few remaining unexplained details in the films.

So assuming you haven't read Plagueis or the Visionaries comic, and go only by the PT films, you can only assume that Sidious was behind the Sifo-Dyas affair, but now TCW intends to fill in the details. I think it's got great potential to be very fascinating, whether or not they stick with the original stories involving Sifo-Dyas placing the order for the clone army.

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm very okay with the Darth Plegieus or LOE explanation and if they want to do something in the shiw then by all means do it. What I really want is a resolution to the Darth Maul and Mother Talzoin stuff. We got a dude who defied death and a witch with super force powers. They can't be around for Episode 3. I ccan live with the Asohka thingy. We know that Filoni wasn't going to leave it that way, but in the end she walked off in the sunset. Not everybody has to die or change sides or anything like that. It's normal and welcomed for someone to just walk away. I'd be happy with just a resolution to the Darth Maul stuff and Mother Talzoin. We know what happens in a way to everybody else.

13. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Of course, I own them. But this is television, and it deserves its own interpretation. I don't believe any media should be beholden to something like a book or a cartoon, let everyone tell their own spin, and let the consumer decide what matters to them. I don't care what they steamroll. Honestly, I loved what they've done.

Thanks.

14. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Considering we haven't seen these episodes yet, I think it would be better to compare, judge and criticize after we've experienced both.

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If TCW makes Sifo a dual wielder, my head will explode. No gif required.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    If they brought back someone who got their legs separated from their body, they're capable of bringing back Sifo.

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    They're not bringing back Sifo, they're going to riddle the circumstances regarding his death. It was defiantly established in the movies that Sifo died unlike Maul (and Anakin also had his legs separated from his body).

Cevan and the-jedi-prince like this.
  18. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    an interesting thing but slightly off topic is in the jedi path theres a section regaurding unarming enemys and favours cutting off an attackers hand.
    it says about cutting someone in half is barbaric. Obi Wan writes next to it "i cant see myself ever doing that" or words to that effect
    funny as he did it twice

19. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Hoping for something today...

20. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    No matter the quality, which the series has always exuded, it still deserves its own intrepertation. Nothing will change that view in my mind.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    How's that going?:p

22. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Well I need a gif sir! Its required!

23. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    As for the EU, the Lucasfilm rules of canon make it explicitly clear that EU materials are authoritative ONLY where filmed materials do not speak. GL did not ever consider himself bound by EU matierals as source material. He occasionally found some idea (like the name Courescant) that he liked and included, but that was at his discretion, not because the EU had any precedential claim of canonicity.

darklordoftech and cwustudent like this.
  24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Who bans me, Seerow or PK?:p

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can you give us live footage? :p