main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Can we get that guy do Palpatine's voice for the English episodes?? I liked him better than Tim Curry.

EDIT: Do we have any German's online right now that can post a transcript of the trailer/teaser/preview? I figure there's gotta be someone…its 7 pm there right now, yes?

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I didn't understand a word (Well, except for good) but my goodness I have no words. It's finally happening. Come on Disney, you gotta say SOMETHING now!

3. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    anybody speak german that much they could translate?
    I only understood something with clone programming by Sidious

4. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    I'm Dutch but I can help you guys out with most of this I hope (in order):
    - Announcer: For the first time on TV, (and later) episodes from the sixth season
    - Sidious: The Jedi might think that this mistake is the result of our programming
    - Dooku: The Jedi luckily still know/understand nothing. Sidious: Good (you don't say :p)
    - Shaak Ti: We must be very careful!
    - Mace Windu: We must know if there are more Clones that may/will turn on us
    - Can't understand the Clone unfortunately
    - Palpatine says something about the state of the War

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is all I understood as well...
    It is from the Trench/Order 66 arc obviously...

Shaak Ti is pretty central in this preview.

[​IMG]

I hope and it has to be somebody important coming out of the shuttle with sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many droids. We rarely so many Battle droids in one place standing at attention.
    Most possibly Trench... I hope it is a Separatist Council member.

PS: A lot of Battle droids in these images. I am more hopeful than before.

She does appear a lot in this preview. Awesome!

A lot of people want her to or think she will die. I do not know.

Her seat is empty in ROTS and Anakin sits in it after Mace allows him to be part of the Council, but not be a Master.
    So I am afraid TCW might take a wack at her...

I am still hoping Moriband is just a German thing. Maybe Korriban sounds wrong or not right in German. IDK...

Barriss_Coffee and Ani501st like this.
  6. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    Ah our dear Europe, with so many different languages :D :D

7. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    From the Star Wars Rebels Facebook page:

Thanks to Martin Gehrung for this translation of the German Trailer:

"Off/Clone: For the first Time on TV"
    Sidious: "It seems you're believing its a result of our programming"
    Dooku: "Yes, my Lord"...
    Off/Clone: "the never shown Episodes of the 6th season"
    Dooku: "And the Jedi don't assume anything yet!"
    Sidious: "Good!"
    Shaak Ti: "We should be more the careful..."
    Mace Windu: "...at the end we may find out that more clones are turning against us!"
    Clone: "There is a conspiracy against the Jedi in the making!"
    Off/Clone: "When the galaxy calls we are there..."
    Palpatine: "We must turn out attention to the ongoing war!"
    Off/Clone: "SW TCW Saturday 8:15 pm, exclusive on SuperRTL."

8. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I never understood how so many languages were possible. Weren't they basically all under the Holy Roman Empire and Byzantine Empire like....I don't know, just 500 years ago? Where did all these languages pop up (French, Spanish and English being the exceptions)!

9. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

The German news outlet that was given the synopses from LFL in English said it was Moriband in the English versions and not a translation error...

I don't know why, but I'm getting so excited about Shaak Ti…for some reason - maybe its a lack of her in TCW past season 3 - I feel like they're showing my favorite character in every way I could dream. She's not my favorite character, but for some reason I'm bursting with emotions I would normally only have if she were. :D WOOOO!!!! SHAAK TI!!! I hope she's super bada** in this arc!

10. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009
    Especially when you consider the fact that the country in question is actually only a 30-minute ride away for me and I can barely manage their language :p

11. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Sidious: You seem to believe that this is a effect of our programming.
    Dooku: Yes, my Lord.

Dooku. And luckily the Jedi still do not suspect anything.
    Sidious: Good.

Shaak Ti: We should be careful.
    Windu: Or we find out that more clones will turn against us.

Tup: This is a conspiracy against the Jedi.

Palpatine: We must concentrate on the ongoing war.

This should be it. Also, I skipped the announcer.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  12. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009

Much to learn, you still have......

JediGirl_Angelina and podjazd like this.
  13. FistoFan93

Jul 27, 2009

Misheard this. Should be very interesting. I think we can now assume that Dooku didn't know anything about Order 66.

14. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Is that all Order 66?

15. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012

It's a bit sad to read such things, is it normal in the US that they are not teaching about the history of Europe? I didn't knew many details about the history of the US before I started studying American Studies, but still, history of Europe is a bit of our common history since USA is a nation of emigrants. You have a lot to catch up, go grab some books about the history of Europe, it's impossible to explain such large topic on Star Wars forums ;)

podjazd likes this.
  16. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    There are the germanic languages: german, swedish, danish, dutch (maybe, correct me if I´m wrong), then slavic languages: slovak, czech, polish, croatian, russian etc., finno-ugric: finnish and hungarian, spanish and italian as decendants of old latin, then french...
    Thx, you seem to have nailed it :)

17. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    You are not the only one, I live like 2 hour drive from Austria, been there several times, but to kinda sum up my german I can say Guten Tag and Auf Wiedersehen :D :D

18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Depending on the schooling system, but I'd say that most decent high school systems have fairly extensive European history courses (if you're able to get into them - often times, In my experience, the good ones are accelerated or AP classes) and Colleges/Universities definitely have good euro. history courses…I think what Credar is more referring to is the lack of much schooling on linguistic migration and evolution - which is more the type of thing you'd have to seek out to learn. I feel like the US does a fairly good job attempting to teach History to students, but language wise, most native Americans w/ family members who speak exclusively English, tend to not be very linguistically inclined. As such, since learning strange and different languages (when compared to comfortable English) is seen is as much more difficult than memorizing historical dates and such, U.S. students are going to be less inclined to learn how languages migrated and evolved since they don't know what any of it really means.

credar likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's what our Senate section is for.

Oh wait.

20. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    That is the difference between europe and US - in europe even average students should be able to speak at least 2 langauges, myself I do, even if little, speak 4 (5 if I count czech, which is fairly close to my mothertongue).

podjazd likes this.
  21. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Love the trailer thanks for the translation !

It was more than 500 years ago but no they weren't all exactly under the Roman Empire. There were more independent groups in the regions of the North where they spoke Germanic languages.
    After how all these languages pop up, I don't really know but probably from German language. Look at English language its origins are partly German.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well I'm only about 3 hours from Canada. I suppose I can go there to learn... Canadian English.

Really, though, bring up this subject in the Senate before it closes. Should be fun. ;) But anyway, we're getting off topic here. Back to discussing the trailer.

23. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Pretty much this. I am taking European History right now in school (French Revolution at the moment. European History is definitely one of my favorite areas to study!), but we never talk about the languages, which kinda upsets me. Such a large part of Europe is the diversity in languages and it's crazy the amount of languages just in Europe, never mind the world! And I was just generalizing about the Holy Roman Empire and Byzantine Empire as well as the dates. I know there were lots more than just those two :p, I just said only them since they were some of the big powers back in the early to mid 1000s (and even before that). I know about all the other nations to the north and east, but I was just talking in a more general sense. Not gonna start listing off every empire and nation back in the day. But, it's still crazy how you drive across a border from France into Germany and BOOM! New language.

Apophis_ and Darth Mateus like this.
  24. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    Not that many years ago, if you drive through these borders (some years 1914, 1940...) you got some BOOM!, but sure as hell it wasn´t from a new language :D

credar likes this.
  25. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Oooo. that wasn't even a pun, but my goodness did that hurt like one :p. And about your comment of languages, most students in the US also learn at least 1 language as well. It's usually French, Spanish or Mandarin (But probably just on the western side of the states.) All the bad stuff about United States schools isn't as widespread as the media might make it out to be.