main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Nice analysis, but I certainly hope it follows the pattern of at least 4 separate arcs: Clovis, Yoda, Order 66, and Sifo-Dyas

Seerow likes this.
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree. Combining all that into one arc would be bad.

4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    cool ideas but from what I understand that rumor that they were only finishing two arcs is true. There is the Sifo-dyas, force ghost, Yoda arc (the Plo Koon and Yoda hospital clips) written by Christian Taylor and the Order 66 arc (Tup clip) written by Katie Lucas. The holdover Clovis arc was already completed. So three arcs total it seems.

5. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, rezpen, I understand your perspective that you now think that report is true. But, but, but, Daniel Logan, on his post on Facebook on March 11, said ''a few'' arcs will be released later this year. I looked up what the definition of "few" meant. And, it said more than 1, but less than 5. So, I think 3-4 arcs will be released. We know the only arcs confirmed for release, so far, are the Rush Clovis trilogy, the Origins of Order 66 storyline, and the Mysteries of the Jedi arc (the arc that solves the mysteries of Yoda, Force Ghosts, and Sifo-Dyas). But, if they decide to make room for one more arc, it could as well be the Matt-Michnovetz-written bounty hunter arc that includes Boba Fett, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and hopefully Hondo Ohnaka, because I think we need that arc to show the answers to how Boba got his Mandalorian armor and Slave I back from Hondo and what the fates of Cad Bane & Hondo Ohnaka are. So, I'm hopeful we'll get 4 arcs from Season 6, which I think is 15 episodes, 3/4 of what Season 5 was without 2 episodes. So, that's my theory. What do you think?

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  6. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    As much as I want to see the Boba stuff I don't think they will finish the Boba arc, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of that material turns up in the new Filoni dark times show considering they are only a few months(?) away from Ep 3 at this point anyway.

7. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, we'll see what surprises are in store as we move ahead. As Dave said in April on RebelForce Radio, "It's kind of an interesting time." So, let's hope we get that bounty hunter arc as our fourth. Or, as Matt Michnovetz said on Twitter, we can start a kickstarter campaign to add the Bounty Hunter arc to the "bonus content" arcs.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought the Bounty Hunter arc had been pretty far along so I think there is a good chance the next clip we see will be from it.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Did I miss something? An announcement of some sort? I hadn't heard that the era for the setting of new show had been confirmed.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I already cringe at Lucas et al diving into the Force Ghost equation, as their explanations of mystical things to date haven't gone so well.

Have to say that this clip was pretty much better than all of this last season. Shocking to see Yoda actually used In a story.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  11. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What about Trench?

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope we get a good Anakin/Obi-Wan arc that JAT mentioned in an interview. I believe he intimated that would be happening in S6... or what would have been S6.

I will be disappointed if there isn't a significant Obi-Wan arc at least... he is my favourite...

And it is a shame that the situation on Mandalore won't be followed up either.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Aren't the Yoda & the Sifo-Dyas arcs supposed to be the same one?

14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, two things (might) speak against this:
    1) The couple of Wolfpack-related domains Lucasfilm recently secured
    2) I don't want it. =((

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I believe it has been said that is the case.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They better have a Arc, for the Battle of Coruscant so they can conclude the series

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I doubt this will ever happen. At least this preserves Labyrinth of Evil.

The show never needed to lead directly into ROTS to have closure anyway. Some final Anakin adventures then ROTS will work well, I feel.

18. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Where did Yoda/Sifo-Dyas being one arc come from?

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Think it was one of the writers on twitter who said so.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wasn't it a Matt Michnovitz tweet? I wonder if that means he is the writer.

21. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Christian Taylor is. Michnovetz wrote the bounty hunters arc.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    About time they used a different skin.;)

[face_alien]

:p

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    You know, I'm hoping this particular plot point can be followed up in the upcoming Rebels series, tying in to the EU by introducing the Mandalorian Protectors under Fenn Shysa, who fought against the Empire in guerrilla warfare to liberate the planet from Imperial influence. Although it's probably unlikely, this would make sense if they bring back Maul in the new series to resolve his fate then.

Here's the tweet that confirms they are the same arc. As swcolts1277 mentioned, it's written by Christian Taylor, who also wrote the Mortis arc. Hmmmmm, anybody sensing a connection?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Oh boo. Well that's what, 3 arcs then at least?

Sifo-Dyas/Yoda
    Clovis
    Order 66

Hoping for more!

25. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I reaaaaally want that bounty hunters arc, minus the Aurra Sing death retcon.

That said, pretty much everything we've heard nuggets about has been confirmed (again, besides bounty hunters), so at least we haven't had any rumor carrots dangled in front of us to make us rage about stuff that doesn't make the cut.

agentkrycek and cwustudent like this.