main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The brief glimpse of the Sidious and Yoda fight was what surprised me, but from what I'm guessing from what we've heard about this this arc that this is just another vision.

I doubt they'll make Yoda that level of a dumbass to miss that one.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    OMG!!! THAT WAS AN AWESOME TRAILER!!!!!!!

*bounces*

3. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    The spelling of his name was interesting as it was changed from Sifo Dyas in the Swedish subtitles on the AOTC DVD to a spelling similar to that on the Blu-Ray (nothing else in the subtitles was changed). I have to check that tomorrow...

4. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013

Translated by my friend:

Jedi master Sifo-Dyas died while trying to negotiate peace between tribes on Felucia. He was aboard Jedi T6 Shuttle 77519 when it crashed. Much of the the information surrounding his death remains confidential under the office of the chancellor. It is believed that his body was eventually recovered and cremated by the Felucian tribes in accordance with their customs. For this reason there has been limited evidence which confirms the exact location of his disappearance. Further information in the matter may be authorized at a future date.

PREVIOUS HISTORY

Served as a peace negotiator with the PWE Syndicate under Chancellor Vallorum. He met with criminal elements...(End)

5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    You are my heroes. Thank you!

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yessssss......... so much goodness!!!

OPPO FINALLY MADE IT! Lucky....

But I am frikkin curious how are they gonna go about and explain the whole Moriband... It will be very stupid if it is just a change for the sake of change or Lucas's exercise of power of his universe.

I fell asleep for one hour an this happens! WOOOOO! Nicely surprised...

That does sound logical... and the things with Yoda do feel Mortis-y. We have to wait and see...

Finally! The man behind the Clone army has a face now and excuse me... tribes on Felucia?!!? Does this mean the Felucians from "The Force Unleashed" are still canon?!

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  7. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    What a great tidbit the text is. So he supposedly crashed with a shuttle, and Plo Koon mysteriously finds the remains of a crashed ship, along with his lightsaber. Hm...

purplerain likes this.
  8. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    He had a different face in a comic that was modeled after an ILM designer. Look it up on Wookieepedia.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Supposedly. Who knows how much of that is a cover created by Dooku. He could have even made that entry right around the time he left the Order. [face_thinking]

10. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Yoda has a vision of Jedi fighting the clones...there is Luminara and Fisto and Mace ...
    Ani and Obi fighting Dooku, again :D
    Yoda vs. Sidious .... WAAAUUU

Now I´m not sure what to do - rewatch the trailer all evening, or do something else :D :D

Darth Wookiee and Circular Logic like this.
  11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    My thoughts on the trailer: it looks brilliant! I always knew that podjazd was telling the truth when she talked about the Polish trailer back in November.

Now that I've seen everything for myself, I definitely am most looking forward to the Yoda arc, no question about it. I've seen the spoilers for the Order 66 and Clovis arcs, so I won't comment on them here. It appears my theory that Mother Talzin was the main villain of the Bardotta duology turns out true, as she battles Mace Windu and even has what looks like a lightsaber crafted from spirit ichor! I think I'm looking forward to this arc more and more if we get to see Mace Windu being a badass (fighting some massive droids) and lightsaber dueling someone for the first time in the series!

But the Yoda arc looks like it's definitely gonna be one of my favorites of the entire series! Yes, even with the crappy-as-hell potential retcon of Korriban to Moriband. Still, we don't know for sure that Moriband is the same planet as Korriban, and even if it is, it might just be some alternative name. The trailer only shows one scene where Yoda does appear to be on Korriban, amongst orange-colored rocks, and we know from the concept art shown in CEII that the ruins of the Sith Academy will show up... I'm really interested in this Balrog-esque monster that Yoda fights; could it be the character that Mark Hamill is voicing? A vision of Darth Sidious on Moriband? Fascinating. As I suspected, Moriband might be a souped-up version of the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah. Speaking of Dagobah, this arc likely shows Yoda discovering the planet for the first time, traveling there at Qui-Gon's behest, and eventually he goes to Tython (?) where he meets with these mysterious beings, possibly the Whills? Man, I'd be so stoked if this arc reveals the Whills for the first time! It makes sense, since Qui-Gon learned how to Force Ghost from a "Shaman of the Whills." Furthermore, Yoda must pass multiple trials to be deemed worthy by these beings to go to Moriband... I wonder if Qui-Gon passed all of these trials in life (or after death) before he could re-learn the ancient secret of Force Ghosting? Qui-Gon: "You must complete what I could not." Ideas, anyone? Furthermore, is that a vision of the Battle of Ruusan or some similar ancient Jedi-Sith conflict? I see red lightsabers as well as green and blue ones...

The Anakin/Obi-Wan vs. Dooku fight is definitely in the first episode of the Yoda arc, and ex-Chancellor Valorum is mentioned, and may appear here since they showed a model of him in CEII. It's nice that they kept the appearance of Sifo-Dyas (or Sifo-Dias?) from the EU, but I can't help thinking there is a retcon if he really died in a shuttle crash on Felucia. Unless Tyranus was the one responsible for killing him by sabotaging his shuttle. Eyes of Revolution may still be (somewhat) canon if Sifo-Dyas' body wasn't actually cremated by Felucians, but instead taken away by Dooku so that he could give Grievous a blood transfusion (by TCW likely retconned that away already). So much cool stuff!

One more thing: What if Moriband is the homeworld of the Sith that existed 2,000 years before 0 BBY, i.e. the Sith restored by Darth Ruin? Basically, the New Sith Empire in the EU. That seems to be George Lucas' 'canon' view on the origins of the actual Sith Order, so maybe this was the world that those Sith lived in. They might borrow a lot from Korriban, but perhaps it is distinct from it? We shall see on March 7! Can't come soon enough!

Darth Wookiee, Revanfan1 and podjazd like this.
  12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Okay. I believe the beast that said "Jedi" to Yoda as Mark Hamill. The Felucian tribes are also in TCW (Bounty Hunters). I loved the Oppo Rancisis, Talzin v. Mace, and pretty much everything else. Where is the Dooku v. Anakin and Obi-Wan duel?

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Looks pretty sweet, although trailers have been deceiving before (i.e. Boba Fett arc ;)).

Feels like a mix between S1&2 and S5, if that makes sense.

I'm not too worried about Korriban at this point. Moriband just seems like a different Mortis. Look up "moribund".

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yes, and I'm tickled pink, because that's his EU appearance in a nutshell. =D=

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  15. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    C´mon people - trailer analysis, shot by shot, anybody??

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

App. 2:24

17. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    You beat me to it! To be honest I was going slow, I only made it to the 11th word of the second paragraph.

I like the story, wonder how much more back story we will get?

18. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Wow that trailer was epic! I'm most excited by the Yoda arc and the Windu arc, like probably most of the people around here! Very cool to see Mother Talzin again, she's one of my favorite characters, particularly curious to see that old lady get in close quarters with the master duelist of the Order, she never stroke me as particularly physical.

I hope I will get some way to see this soon, I don't think I've got access to Netflix in my neck of the woods.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Technically, EOR is still technically (at least partially) retconned, because in EOR Grievous was given Sifo-Dyas/Dias' lightsaber as his first lightsaber, whereas here Plo Koon finds it in the remains of the shuttle. Unless they retcon that Dias was a Jedi Sentinel who used two lightsabers, which, given the backstory TCW seems to be giving (negotiating with the Felucians or whatever) he'd be doing a Sentinel's job. According to Wookieepedia:

Bolded the dual lightsabers just for the sake of it, but the other parts I bolded sound very much like what we know about Dias. Therefore, I think it's possible to say that Grievous took one of his sabers and the other one was left behind in the remains of the shuttle. Or something. But since Eyes of Revolution is from Visionaries anyways, it would be easy enough to declare it non-canon without much complaint.

Circular Logic likes this.
  20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Talzin has a green lightsaber. Even if its one of the three she had during Nightsisters, where did she get them? I can't see the handle clearly, but I hope its her own evil-looking saber.

21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't think it's a saber. It's made out of Force energy from what it looks like. I think the tip looks curved like a katana; perhaps she makes a "Force sword."

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Like she conjured Savage's "enchanted blade, blessed with [her] most potent magicks." I like the green-mist-blade.

Edit: OMG, Artoo was with Yoda on Dagobah! Luke got directions from Artoo. :eek:

23. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    Please tell me Ventress is in the Windu/Talzin arc [face_praying] She already blame's the Jedi for the death of one of her masters, if Windu were to kill Talzin . . . :mad:

24. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    There was a comic a few years ago, Star Wars Adventures I believe, where, during Luke's training on Dagobah, Yoda and Artoo speak privately while Luke's doing one of his trials. Yoda calls Artoo "old friend." Hmm... [face_thinking]

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That sort of makes me sad. They've both been through do much, but yeah, I guess they know each other.

KenobiSkywalker, Cevan and Revanfan1 like this.