main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's the B1 battle droids, they make me want to claw my ears off.

That, and the plot boils down to "Send the B1 battle droids! Well, damn, Yoda and co. defeated them. Send the B2 super battle droids! Well, damn, Yoda and co. defeated them. Send the Droidekas! Well, damn, Yoda and co. defeated them. Send the AATs! Well, DAMN, Yoda and co. defeated them!"

Even the cave scene where Yoda inspires the troops can't save it because it's over in about a minute, and there are countless other episodes focused on the clones that do that much better.

It's also pretty much the only Ventress episode where she doesn't develop or be a badass. In fact, she doesn't really do much here.

Love Yoda, and he deserves the spotlight. Just... not Ambush. :(

I'm aware it seems to be generally liked around here though. I think just the premise of having Yoda as the protagonist earns it fan points.

2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm really hoping the finale episodes are the Battle of Coruscant. That is something I believe absolutely needs to be shown in the show.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The pic of Filoni and the sculptor at the end of the blog post shows them standing with a Stormtrooper bust. Since its not from Clone Wars, its safe to say its actually for Rebels.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Fair enough, those are valid criticisms. It is a little formulaic, true, and the escalating droid deployments is kind of funny. But I think the scene with the clones in the cave works, even though it's short and even though there are better scenes with clones that come later, in part because this came before all of those. Same with Ventress. I really like her development later, but this is just establishing her in TCW. And finally, Yoda gets to be a badass in a physical sense, which we don't see much of after this point in TCW.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I doubt they'd show us his sculpt and say "Spoiler" if he wasn't going to appear.

Glad to hear he's 'finally' making an appearance. Just hope they didn't have time to kill him off. I'm perfectly content with his current fate. ;)

I guess that means the only character the show ended without showing me was Sly Moore, but hey, there's always rebels!

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    That's a good point, but I'm not 100% certain he is going to make an appearance. I know they created a character model for him for Season 6, but who's to say he didn't make the cut to appear in the bonus content?

In any case, if he does appear, I'd be pretty stoked. I especially would like to see Oppo make use of his famed battle meditation to aid the GAR in battle. If he does show up, I wonder if it will be in the Yoda arc, Order 66 arc, or potentially as-yet-unknown arc? I wonder if they will focus on the Siege of Saleucami in the episode(s) where he appears. Of course, that might risk retconning the comics, so it treads a fine line.

If they bring him into the show just to kill him off... Well, all I can say is to quote GG, "No, Filoni, he won't die in Ahsoka's arms." After all, Ahsoka's been written off the show already. :p But I definitely agree that they should not retcon his death at the hands of Sora Bulq. It was definitely one of the best demises of the Republic comics.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I was thinking the same thing. They wouldn't say SPOILER without it being really spoiler.

I know I am going on a personal plug here, but hey...

[​IMG]

I posted this a while back on my Dan Grievous FB page... it was during the Zygerrian arc commentary with Ashley Eckstein.
    Even back then I said that Oppo's sculpt is done and is the beard behind D'Nar's head. These two frames above show up one after the other and when they have the full view of the room, they censor the top shelf there with a maquette with a beard.
    That beard with a two more parts is the beard of OPPO RANCISIS... I am sure I was always right, especially after the reveal from yesterday on the starwarsblog.
    A match.

[​IMG]

So I guess by the time of the Zygerrian arc there was already an Oppo sculpts made and this was seen during the commentary. It could mean that the arc Oppo appears in was already in production during the airing of Season Four's second half. Maybe it is the Fives/Trench arc and he does battle... we will see or we will not...

The Yoda arc - the four-part "Ambush" with more content in it. I love the way Yoda was in "Ambush". It should be an awesome arc if it is like "Ambush"... WOOOOO!

The clip is a good sign of the tone of the arc IMO.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This 100%. The clip had a Dagobah feel to it, which I enjoyed.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

That is the awesome of Ambush and the new Yoda clip - they feel right. Yoda is how he should be... not boring and sitting on his butt and proclaiming obvious things. But fun and witty and wise...

Seerow it comes full circle with this content... the last villain will be most likely the one that was in the very first episode (timeline-wise) aka Trench...
    And hero-wise IT IS fitting to end with Yoda. Full circle...

But 07jonesj... if it is better than the perfect episode AMBUSH then that would be toooooooooooooooooooo much awesome for us to handle.

Yup, spoiler... Filoni does not give away for no reason. Except when it is Tikkes concept art... LOL
    Then it is fan-service only.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So now Kiner was just interviewed on the Forcecast (different podcast). I get the impression someone got mad at him because he was way less willing to share info on the bonus content. He basically said "I can't talk about the 'special' content", and when asked about quantity of episodes he said "I really don't know how many... maybe 5? I'm working on one right now still."

So a combination of him not remember how many episodes and also not wanting to reveal anything. Still up in the air...

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Who got mad!?

13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Mas Amedda and Sly need to be cruelly culled by Sidious in Rebels, it's so his style.

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The powers that be.... They probably want to keep how many arcs that are being released quiet... Maybe to stoke our anticipations? Or so that we are deflated and that we are not expecting much?

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Oh I hope so. I'm still mad about Barriss getting screwed right before cancellation. I'll settle for him in a council scene talking or even fighting with some clones but I will hit the roof if he's killed. They can steamroll over 90% of EU continuity and I'll live. But leave Republic alone! [face_not_talking]

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

I get what you mean. Yeah... I could see somebody from the top saying something about the recent comments from him.

I am the same, but with the CIS. So even if they **** up some Republic EU, I am fine, but TCW has mainly ruined CIS EU.

The CIS and the Jedi...

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    TCW Oppo kinda reminds me of something you'd see in the old Planet Of The Apes movies.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Thanks for posting the pic! It wasn't working for me, when I posted the article.
    Gosh, you're right! There's definitely a "mask" quality to it. I hope he doesn't just sit on his council chair. I want to see him slithering around! And talking. Coleman Ckaj, as well. Something I liked about CW: Volume II was witnessing a council meeting. I'm a little tired of watching the council addressing someone, when I want to see them address each other. As for TCW, I like the voices they chose (Koth, Shaak Ti, Mundi, Fisto, and Piell were quite memorable).

19. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    You know he probably is going appear for Clone Wars seeing as how that's what he was designed for but what if Oppo doesn't appear in the bonus content and instead is shoved into Rebels as one of the last surviving Jedi once again messing up continuity? We don't know what story he was going to appear in and for all we know it could have had nothing to do with these stories and if he does appear then either he was always meant to be in one of these stories or they've worked him in there because they made the model they may as well use it. I don't know but I'm thinking more then likely it's the Bonus Content and not Rebels he'll appear in because he was designed for the show so long ago whatever they have planned for him has already been done.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

Looks like a Gorilla with a beard

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just read the report on TheForce.net about the ForceCast and Full of Sith interview with Kevin Kiner... I haven't listened to either of the podcasts but if the report is completely accurate and the quotes are direct quotes it sounds like Kiner has already scored at least 5 episodes. That must come quite close to the end of the process, right? So does that mean that is 5 episodes are completely completed? He's working on 1 now and that there are still another 10 more shows that they are still working on... so does this mean we have a possibility of 15+ episodes if he's scored 5 episodes already which I assume would mean those are now completely done and ready for release?

Obviously I don't want to get my hopes up too much...

22. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    On the ForceCast interview, it seems somebody behind the scenes told him to cool it with the details. He's talking about the same episodes that he mentioned working on in the Full of Sith podcast; in the former, he said about 5, in the latter, he said about 10. So, the point is, he was just making a general statement the whole time. Nothing to make calculations from.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Dear Filoni: Please release episodes now!

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

That is more than the original look if you ask me, but it is awesome in any way you look at it.

Oppo is retconned into Rebels - odd and it will piss off people.

We shall see... but more certain to be in TCW!

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

True that.