main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You'd think a missing 150 meter tower would be noticeable. I caught that on the first viewing and cringe every time I've seen it since.
    [​IMG]

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Modular construction? That which is not needed is eliminated, that which is needed is added.

3. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The tower reappeared when they arrived at Kamino. I don't think this one can be chalked up to modular construction. :p

4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    ...I've got nothing. :oops:

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Meh, you gotta try harder. Think outside the box! At the very least, you get a new headcanon to explain away any cringeworthy moments! :p

[face_thinking] Perhaps the tower could retract into the ship, and pop up when needed?

You know, sort of like this transformation (begins 29s in):

Hey, it's no sillier than Even Piell in the Citadel arc being a possessed imposter! Sometimes you gotta go to great lengths to explain discrepancies!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Completely agree. He wouldn't under contract if he is in.

OOoooooooooooooooh, yeah. Now I see it. ;)

Yeah... it is missing!

7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    The culprit is the curvature of space. Definitely ^^.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I have no idea what I'm looking for that's missing.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The last picture is from a different episode, but is the same ship class. First picture is the missing tower, the second two show what's missing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    OH. How embarrassing for both me & the animators.

11. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I never seem to notice goofs like these. But for somebody who is totally immune to the charm of vehicles, this might be the natural state of things.

12. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Is that Trench's ship? Pure awesome... for all of 21 minutes before Anakin blew it up! Funny how Trench made such an endearing bad guy, and he only appeared in one episode, and a TCW prequel episode no less. How about some bonus footage speculation? Will we see robo-Trench commanding a fleet? Will he have a new flag ship? Will he get blown up again? Seems anti-climatic to die the same death twice... unless his last words are "not again". That would earn a chuckle.

13. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Oh snap

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It was a pretty easy catch for me since the Providence class is my favorite Prequel era cruiser. I probably wouldn't have caught any other goofs. ;)

16. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The only goof I've ever caught is Obi-Wan's disappearing lightsaber from the end of A Necessary Bond!

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am having a field day here since we are discussing CIS ships and CIS characters, but how did this go turn into blooper-hunt?! LOL

Such true words! That is why it is awesome he is coming. I doubt he will die in the same way. I hope he does not!

S2 and the visuals in space already looks stunning!

For me a CIS ship is more important than a saber.

PS: I can not wait for CEII so this thread could get more fuel to get back on track with speculations and geeking outs over anything released in Germany regarding TCW. OH YEAH!

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    A Lightsaber can take down a CIS ship from the inside ;)

19. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    Like this?

Trebor Sabreon and cwustudent like this.
  20. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    While on the subject of continuity gaffs and lost lightsabers, by the end of the episode Revenge, Ventress loses one of her lightsabers and DOES NOT retrieve it, yet we see her again later on with two. Does this girl make frequent detours to Illum or something?

I'm virtually positive they make the same mistake at another point in the series although I can't remember when. Now that BOTH of her lightsabers were stolen by Bariss Offee, i wonder if she'll magically re-appear with both of them again? Or if she has to make a trip to Illum (for real) to build a new one... I WOULD like to see her make the change to green or blue... maybe green AND blue? I digress, that is a discussion for another thread.

Soooo YEAH, bonus content! I am pumped. So many unanswered questions still. Anyone think we'll get a Syfo-Dyas flashback episode.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Asajj with Blue or Green? That would be weird

22. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    We first meet her with blue and green! If you ask me, she's making the switch from dark to light.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  23. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    Wasn't it GL who insisted on only blue/green for Jedi and red for Sith? Samuel L got a purple blade because he is Samuel L and begged to be different, and Season 5 gave us yellow blades from those masked Jedi guards (double bladed sabers ala Bastilla Shan no less). Very limiting considering yellow is off limits. With GL out of the Star Wars business wonder if we'll finally see some other blade colors being utilized. Blue and green seem so Jedi-ish, especially after the PT. It would be nice to see a rogue Force user try something different. I actually like the yellow sabers. Hopefully now that they have been established on screen we'll see them in use again.

24. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Hmmmm, actually if you watch closely I believe Ventress has both her lightsabers on her belt in the scene right after Obi-Wan jettisons the cockpit from the rest of the Turtle Tanker. It's kind of a blink-and-you-miss-it scene. I assume that she must have used the Force offscreen to retrieve her second saber before making her escape with Kenobi. I believe she also lost one of her lightsabers on Teth in the TCW movie as well, but must have retrieved it offscreen later in time for Ambush. As for the Barriss Offee incident, we'll have to wait and see if Ventress ever gets her (technically Komari Vosa's) lightsabers back, or decides to create new ones. I actually read in a fanfic that Obi-Wan returns the lightsabers to Ventress as a token of thanks after the events of The Wrong Jedi. If she does show up in Rebels possessing her old lightsabers and they don't explain it, that will be my headcanon!

Here's a picture to show that I am not mistaken (sorry for the poor contrast):
    [​IMG]

It's possible, though I think any flashback scene will probably be brief, perhaps on the length of time comparable to Ventress' flashbacks to her past in the episode Nightsisters. Either way, it should be interesting!

Trebor Sabreon and Darth Eddie like this.
  25. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    /\-Wow yeah I totally missed that! I am caught red-handedly in the wrong.