main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    We don't know that.

2. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Yeah, they did it with Maul already. Though frankly Trench makes a better candidate...his ultimate fate wasn't shown onscreen and he definitely wasn't cut in half by a lightsaber Maul would have died in minutes from circulatory collapse if nothing else.

3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    He was really annoyed though.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Trench and that clicking... I hope Fives rips to mechanical arms off and beats him with them. xD

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Why was Tup killing Jedi?

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't know but it could lead to a good story. It really looks like an Umbara follow-up.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The clones are more fun that wheres Waldo. I spotted Rex and Kix I think. Still looking for Jesse.

MistrX likes this.
  8. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    It's too early to tell for sure, but it looks like he may have gotten a signal that he thought was invoking Order 66.

Of course, his reaction seems to reinforce the position that Order 66 in fact DOES involve some form of compulsive conditioning, as Tup is clearly struggling against it at first.

Some sort of mental or brain problem can't be ruled out either. Anakin yells at Fives that he (Fives) "was responsible for him", indicating that Tup was not supposed to be there for some reason, but had been included with Fives as his minder.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    On the other hand, you could argue that it was a decision that Tup made somewhat consciously, as his line, "A good soldier follows orders." suggests he decided to follow orders, thought it was the right thing to do.

I think that just meant that Fives was responsible for his men.

10. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm thinking that Palpatine was doing a trial run for Order 66...thats my take on it. But its confusing to me because i'd always heard that GL specifically said it wasn't an automatic compulsive reaction to the Order...but that they were simply following orders like they were supposed to. But Umbara showed us that that wasn't the case. However, it was Tup who pretty much sided with Dogma through that arc...so maybe it was that he was simply following orders...its just confusing seeing him hitting his helmet and the Hitchcock effect from his POV - it implied that it was a "click" that went off when he got the Order (remember, I'm thinking it was a trial run aimed only at Tup to see if it would work) its definitely interesting though...

rumblewagon and 07jonesj like this.
  11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Am I the only one who thought Trench was a really cool villain? I liked his introduction, and he wasn't an idiot either, he had great tactics unlike many in the CIS apparently.

Cevan, AkashKedavra_93 and cwustudent like this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I loved him- he was one of the greatest CIS-characters in the show and I always thought he would make it.

Mar Tuuk never reappeared in the show but he was another cool character.

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    My guess is that Tup, and all the other clones, are genetically conditioned to exterminate all jedi when hearing Palpatine speaking the trigger "Execute Order 66". Thus explaining why he had to personally deliver the message in ROTS. I'm sure they are aware of this order, but the conditioning assists in squashing any doubts they may have. The thought of "A good soldier follows orders." is enough for a clone to rationalize what they're doing, given how gung-ho they are about being the best soldiers.

Tup probably had a genetic defect, which lead to him carrying out the order early. Perhaps we'll see him hearing something that evokes "execute order 66"? Trench, being the strategist that he is, will figure out that the clones have this order conditioned in them and will perhaps attempt to trigger it himself to turn the clones on the jedi. He'll probably report to Dooku with the plan, and Dooku will attempt to stop him since Dooku knows whats up and that it would only ruin his master's plans. I'd love to see Trench butting heads with Dooku, and seeing some pre Order 66 action. Perhaps that is how Rex and Fives die? Killed by a jedi, perhaps Anakin, after having order 66 triggered?

14. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    A sound theory, though I don't think Rex or Fives will die.

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm not an expert on clone command, but doesn't Appo outrank or replace Rex by the time of Episode III?

I could see Fives surviving. Though who knows? All of his buddies died in past episodes.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Appo is supposed to be in command of the 501 in ROTS but we shall see. Rex outranks him atm. Or at least I'm pretty sure he does anyway. Maybe Rex goes rogue and joins Ashoka? That's what I'm hoping for. Maybe Anakin orders him to do so?

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The clip looks like it may have come from the Fives arc which was rumored... They must be producing at least 4-episode arcs mostly now. So lets think about what we know from C6 about what could be coming up.

- Clovis arc - fully completed, ready to broadcast
    - Fives arc
    - Tatooine arc?? I seem to recall something was said about clones in a desert? I could be misremembering.
    - Boba Fett return? + Cad Bane?
    - Maul arc to deal with his final fate
    - Mandalore arc
    - final Ahsoka/Rex fate arc?

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Filoni also mentioned that Talzin was on the table to find out what her plan was and why Maul was so important to her.

In a Q&A from S4 he said that we would be seeing Tusken Raiders again (implying a return to Tatooine)

He dropped hints about the possibility of going to Korriban.

He also made reference to Dooku getting more attention further down the line.

When it comes to Dooku and Korriban, it's possible that what he said were just possibilities for future stories that may have never have gotten off the ground before cancellation. But Talzin and Tusken Raiders seemed like confident confirmations. Oppo Rancicis is also due to make an appearance. Filoni said his model was approved, though he had yet to be placed in a scene at the time of S4 (and obviously didn't appear in S5). There's the chance that he'll all of a sudden appear last minute before the conclusion of TCW.

Also, Filoni made reference to the difficulty of trying to "sneak" the Clone Commandos into the show since Lucas has his own take on what such clones should be like and alluded to the possibility that we might see some of these new clones (Lucasified Commandos/Spec Ops clones). This was said relatively recently, so I assume those guys will appear in these last arcs.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Things I would like to see appear and things that need resolving:

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I forgot about Talzin... that is something that needs wrapped up.

I think this furthers my idea that S6 has been in production for a long time if stuff didn't appear in S5 but were known around S4 time. If it takes 9 months to complete an episode from start to finish there must be a lot of stuff completed or practically near completion. Hopefully we will see all the stuff that has been completed and is still in production.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm hoping Agen and Stass make appearances.

For an audience that doesn't read the novels and only watches the films and TCW, it's just going to look like Adi Gallia is alive and well in ROTS. Perhaps they'll go back and make Adi Gallia a cyborg in ROTS, all the characters seem to be doing that these days.

Introduce Stass at least as an all new character.

If Eeth Koth survives TCW, then the TCW/film audience will just think that it was Eeth Koth in ROTS, which is no biggie and isn't going to confuse their film going experience, while the novels can kill him off and replace him with Agen to maintain continuity for the fans that know that it's Agen Kolar in ROTS.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't know what to make of the Order 66 hints that this preview contained. I agree with those who said it looks like some accidental (or experimental?) premature Manchurian Candidate type of thing; Tup is on full autopilot when he says "a good soldier follows orders" and fires at the Jedi. And of course, this goes against the official explanation before, which is that they were simply "following orders without question" if they came from the top of the GAR (the Chancellor), as per an order that they had been taught during training. This gets pretty deep, and if someone wants to start it up again there is an "Order 66 on TCW" thread somewhere here that I started before.

Edit: I just bumped that thread...

23. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Death of clones and rise of Separatists... Dan is back.

24. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Actually, I think that the line "a good solider follows orders" from Tup doesn't go against the official explanation at all. That just means they were following orders that were brainwashed into them and executed them without question. Tup probably has a defect that caused him to go Order 66-mode early.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But terms like "brainwashed" and ideas like "a defect that caused him to go Order 66-mode early" imply that it was like a Manchurian Candidate type thing that was programmed into them without their knowledge or understanding... that's the part I was saying goes against the idea that they were consciously following orders from the Chancellor without question (and a known order, at that). I've always seen both sides of this debate, though.