main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm grateful that we're still getting this Yoda arc. I was pretty bummed out, when I found out the Force-ghost scene was dropped from ROTS. (I'll admit it would be extraneous and interrupt the film's flow. The deleted scene and the novel satisfy me.) Therefore, I hope GL, DF, and CT took full advantage of the opportunity to explain this phenomenon. I mean, at this point, we might as well just get some fanservice-y episodes. Give us a bunch of Jedi lore, guys! Neeson reprised Qui-Gon already, so just invite him back for more. I'm aching to hear his voice again. QGJFTW! And FWIW I too don't want to know anything beyond Yoda's history as a Jedi. I don't want to know what Yoda is or where he came from - not knowing adds to his mystique.

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    From what we know of what was planned to be Season 6, it looks like it was shaping up to be a fantastic season (with hopefully no dud story arcs like that droid one in S5!).

Hopefully they will be kind to us and still give us all of Season 6.

3. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Yes, they should've given us the Clovis-arc instead of those awful droid episodes.

4. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

But then the droid episodes would be part of the bonus content!!!! :eek:

And that is something I wouldn't want!!!

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I hope we do get some answers given regarding several Force-related and War-related questions. If we get why Jedi can become Force Ghosts, who is Sifo-Dias and what's up with Yoda - then that would be actually what I thought Season 3's title "SECRETS REVEALED" was meant to do. You know... Reveal popular SW fan issues and questions, not just secrets that were created and existed shortly in TCW itself.

Maybe Season Six or the Bonus Content will be the real "SECRETS REVEALED".

And if we get another Liam Neeson cameo - BOOOOOMMMMM... my head exploded.

Oh come now, hlc! You are being to harsh on the droids arc if you ask me. It did give us more than some episodes have in the past. Sure, I know people hate it for some reason. But I love it and I thought was good that it got to the screen. My question will always be why arcs about Trench and the Banking Clan, Tikkes and others never made it to the screen. TIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEESSSS!!!

I am still pissed off by the fact how the Clovis arc was pushed around and it had the possible appearance of San Hill in it.

Or maybe they could have just included the Clovis arc in Season Five and have a perfect 23 episode season. I do not get the issue with 23 episodes.

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't like the droid arc at all... its not my cup-of-tea. The only thing I liked about it was the explosion in Point of No Return. Oh and Gregor's "death".

The issue with that would have been that CN bought the airing rights for 22 episodes. Contract signed everything. Disney was then known to be taking over Lucasfilm, they might not have wanted to sell an extra episode airing right to CN. It also depends on whether CN was open to the idea of a 23 episode season and they might not have wanted one series having an extra episode to air whereas other series would have finished at the same time as TCW.

7. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Argh, I forgot about Sifo-Dyas. Yeah, ghosts and the clone-creator-plot from Ep II. Gosh, it sure took a loooong time to get back to that. Who erased those files, Yoda, who? And why?
    [​IMG]
    And if past experience is true here, this will be a GL-involved explanation, right?

IIRC Filoni said basically, "I can sometimes guess which episodes fans won't like." What if the Clovis arc is a dud? Starring two senators, maybe more politics? [face_sick]

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Indeed, the Yoda/Sifo-Dyas arc promises to explore some age-old SW questions, and it's definitely something to look forward to. But if you look into the EU, you'll find that there are answers to your own questions regarding the Sifo-Dyas mystery. It was Dooku who erased the planets from the Archives, including Kamino, shortly before he left the Order and presumably after he had clandestinely dedicated himself to the Sith. He likely did this to keep the Kaminoans' cloning of Jango Fett a secret from the Jedi, among other things. A lot of stuff happens in 32 BBY, including Dooku killing his former friend, Sifo-Dyas, to complete his entry into the Sith. Whether or not the arc chooses to explore these events, via memories or flashbacks, remains to be seen. Already there is anxiety about possible retcons, considering that Plo Koon finds what we have assumed to be Sifo-Dyas' lost lightsaber, which in the EU was supposed to have been given to General Grievous as the cyborg's first lightsaber. It seems that GL wants to put his own spin on this AotC mystery, and perhaps we will have a definitive answer about who Sifo-Dyas was and why he ordered the clone army (technically covered in the novel Darth Plagueis) once this arc is over.

I still have no clue how this ties together with the Force-Ghost matters, but who knows? There might be some new and mind-blowing explanation, perhaps even mention or involvement of the Whills. Given Christian Taylor's track record, we might be in for a treat.

As for the Clovis arc, I'm putting more faith in it considering that the previews have shown that it'll certainly have some action, and presumably plenty of intrigue surrounding the Banking Clan and its arcane vault. It promises to be more than just plain politics, like Season 3's political stinkers, as there will be bounty hunters (Embo) and the greater war (Banking Clan, Separatist involvement, Clone Commander Thorn). I am honestly looking forward to this arc, which is saying something considering that I generally dislike Padmé-centric episodes and couldn't really stand Clovis in Senate Spy. Which is why I can't wait to hear news on when the bonus content arcs are going to be released.

Trebor Sabreon and Mia Mesharad like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I remember him saying that fans wouldn't like the identity of the perpetrator in the Wrong Jedi arc, and he was right.

So the only question left is, why in the actual **** is he airing episodes that he knows fans won't like? Some sort of TCW "Unlimited Powah!!!" scenario? He almost seemed gleeful over his ability to shock people for the hell of it in the To Catch a Jedi commentary.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Dooku, so the Jedi would be unaware of the existence/location of the cloning facilities until was necessary to begin the Grand Plan.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm somewhat aware of the EU's attempts to fill in the gaps (regarding Sifo-Dyas' involvement in the clones' creation). But that's the EU, and I've read it. I'm interested in Lucas' perspective. I want to see if his story will match the EU, overlap, overwrite, or be something original that we won't expect.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm excited to see the Sifo-Dyas arc. I enjoy TCW alot when it goes into exploration of the mythos for both The Clone Wars and the surrounding Star Wars universe. The mysteries around him and the clone army seem to be the fabric of that. I'm sure it would be an exciting read however I'm excited to see it on screen. I'm without a doubt looking most forward to actual clone action but this arc is a close second followed by Clovis.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As far as "what if the Clovis arc is a dud?"

...Anakin knocks the crap out of Clovis. For that reason alone, it will be better than most of season 5.

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucas probably told Filoni to air them despite Filoni thinking they wouldn't do well. Based on the twitter posts from the writer and the commentary on the OS, I was under the impression that this happened with the S5 droid arc.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

To each is own. I loved the arc. Even more than the Maul/Mando arc, but that is just me!

CN are horrible people so they do not care what would be awesome for the fans and I know that company competition plays a big part in this... and contracts and all that rubbish and beaurocratical poodo around such a takeover.

Indeed, Sifo! Maybe in S6 there were going to go back to Episode II and answer those questions, but my question is WHY so late to answer them...

Filoni said also that the Droids arc that I like, but majority of the fans despise, was the best story that they had ever done. That was in the summer before the season. THE BEST STORY.

The Clovis arc can not be a dud. It has Separatists, droids, Clovis, Embo and THE BANKING CLAN!!!!

Sometimes I really question his ability to understand what fans really want to see. Like me. EVEN frikkin Gardulla made it into this show, but my Tikkes did not. The dead Eeth Koth was brought - nobody asked for that, but we had to wait 6 seasons to see characters like Cin Drallig and Oppo Rancisis.
    Episodes about poisoned Tea and CAKE and spa made it into the show, but episodes about the Banking Clan and Order 66 and about TRENCH did not... WHAT THE?!?!

Some good examples of why he is a little sketchy on the "What fans want to see" department...

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I remember the Filoni quote you're referring to, but he said it was "one of" their most exciting adventures. Looking back, i took that as he just wanted to try to give it some love since it was obviously an ugly duckling and needed some kind of support. When Lucas hands the stories off to Dave, Dave is taking that on as basically one of his "children" so he's gotta love it like the other ones. Dave tried to make each one as cool as he possibly could. It was an insurmountable task for some of them due to the nature of the stories, but his commitment to quality paid out tenfold with best story arcs. I can happily say that most arcs were good, and that there were less "runts" in the litter.

That's why i'm so happy he's on Rebels, plus we have the opportunity for other people's writing... which is both an opportunity and a risk, but one that i'm eager to see. The only thing I am demanding is that they close the loop on the Clone Wars character's stories that are gaping plot holes. Since the original characters were not in ROTS, they have an opportunity to follow up with them post-ROTS.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Even if one does not like the droids arc, it is clear that even in that arc everybody was as devoted as every time. I love the arc... and little details and hints and references in it really stood out as efforts to wink to the fans.

The thing is that with all my love for the droids arc and Gascon and all, I must say that it came from the same place Shadow Warrior and Evil Plans and Sphere of Influence came from - Lucas.
    So with him out of the way, we might not get episodes like the ones I mentioned just above. Filoni is not the reason such stories exist, it is Lucas.
    It is also Lucas to blame for the lack of Separatist Leaders, the ignoring of other Jedi and other bad things that happened to the series over time.

I think it is a complete miracle we are getting a Yoda arc after the video that was basically a middle-finger to all those fans that wanted more focus on their favorite secondary characters.

18. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Perhaps for Lucas, the mystery was resolved by ROTS. It didn't necessarily matter to explain HOW the GAR was created, because the audience knows that Palpatine is responsible, whether Sifo-Dyas and/or Dooku were involved. I'm probably getting ahead of myself, as there may be no answer to who created the army or why. Those two clips revealed only...what, 3-4 minutes of footage? I don't want to give my hopes up and then be disappointed. If we get the details, yay, I'm a happy fan! If not...well, the movies dealt with the issue indirectly. I'll survive.

Speaking of surviving...
    Who do you think insisted on Gardulla's and Koth's inclusions? (FWIW I'm glad that LAPR showed that a gunship can go down without the whole crew dying. So Koth's survival at the first Battle of Geonosis seemed entirely plausible. Was his return a big deal? Did it trample on someone's precious EU?) Also, I can't wait for Master Oppo!!!

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    AAAAAAAaahhh, the audience. People complain about how illogical Palpatine's whole plan was with the Trade Federation and the Separatists and the Clones, they never care to look into the whole idea... including the Sifo-Dyas thing and the Separatist thing.
    It depends on who is watching the Prequels.
    For me and you, obvious Prequel-lovers that care to look into the matters of Episode I and II and III, things like the mystery of Sifo-Dyas and the Clovis arc matter a lot. For part of the "audience" it is not needed for us all to know about the secrets behind Order 66, Trench, Clovis and Sifo-Dyas. It is almost like if I said that Peter Jackson has not point in making the "Hobbit" movies since they are about a story that barely has any weight on the original films. We could ignore the whole new batch of Hobbit-filled movies, but they are not ignored.

Thanks to these new SW stories we are getting, we will get more insight for the characters we love. Sure, the story goes on with or without these stories, but like with the "Hobbit" movies being as an example - does it really hurt to have some story elements expanded upon. I think not.

3-4 minutes out of four 22-minute episodes... yeah. That is not much. I am keeping my hopes low so I do not get dashed and saddened if something is not how I wanted it to be.

I have no idea who insisted, but whoever it was they did not think it through. I have no idea about Gardulla, but we are sure the Koth was Filoni's desire. And it baffles me. With a rich galaxy like SW, he decided to bring back somebody from the dead and ignore the living like Tikkes and Agen Kolar. Just silly thinking if you ask me.
    And given how little both characters have done... well... I think it was just a waste of time using them.

TIKKESSSSSSS!!!!

I can not wait for Oppo myself. He could have arrived earlier, but if he shows up in the Bonus Content then it will be late, but better than never!

20. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Love it or hate it, the droid arc looked beautiful! Every episode was a visual treat. The compositions, the locations, the character animation - all of it was top notch. And that explosion at the end was quite the exclamation point. (I would have laughed if Artoo survived by hiding in a refrigerator. [face_whistling])

Palpatine's plan, illogical? Pffft! Ignore the infidels, Dan.

I hope they (TCW creators) brought up Sifo-Dyas for a good reason. It would be nice to see exploration/closure to the GAR's creation. Someone tampered with the archives, secured funds to create an entire army, and managed to keep it quiet for at least 10 years... Someone did all of that right under their noses! Then it all gets dropped in Yoda's lap, he says he's gonna investigate, and nothing. They're too busy fighting a war to wonder why they're fighting a war? No. And now TCW is almost over, this is our last chance to hear this from GL's POV. I want a substantial arc, not 4xAmbush.

Come to think of it, it might have been smarter to not use Koth and make it Kolar. Oh well. What's done is done.

21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I'll ask this again, with the vain hope that something has changed since the last time. When exactly are these bonus episodes going to be released and in what format?

22. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    No one knows. Hopefully we will get an announcement either today or next week at CE2.

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

No news yet. Most likely time now will be at CE2, but even then we might not hear anything... it all depends on what they want to showcase. Lets hope we get something substantial. The wait is quite long...

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Indeed. I do my best to ignore such people, my friend! ;)

There has to be a great reason for this.... I doubt it would be a throwaway moment.

Good call on the "Investigate this I will" line from AOTC. Maybe he finally decided to do it.

I hope for the best out of this arc....

It would have been only natural and better since the Agen Kolar would have sounded nicely with the voice of Chris Edgerly too. But again, they should use a character better and more than they did.

25. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Man....I want to hear something about Star Wars soon. Really looking forward to Rebels and The Clone Wars bonus content...and Episode VII. There's so much Star Wars on the horizon, but right now since TCW ended, the wait has seems to be going on forever lol.