main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

It may be that Disney doesn't want them to announce it at a convention... Possibly D23 could be the venue since the bonus content would be a disney thing and that is Disney's big convention, especially if they have any other big announcements there.

Never know we may get some tidbits from CE2... but a full announcement I think is unlikely.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I do not trust RFR.

I am hoping for the Bonus Content to be so massive that Filoni and co had to postpone it and get all done out of loyalty to the fans.
    I hope your logic is the truth in reality!

You have done more than enough. My faith in Chee has been long-shaken so I do not expect miracles from him. If one can not make the difference between Tikkes and Tessek then they are lost to me. And especially when one of them died.... tisk tisk!

Sad, but true!

I hope we are nicely surprised with something in that presentation.
    I love seeing the makers of the show explain about behind the scenes stuff, but some REAL Secrets revealed would rock like the number of episodes being planned to be released from the Bonus Content and possibly when it could be released. And ETA is all I want...

PS: I think that the best we could hope so is that the Bonus Content is released before Rebels airs. I bet Rebels will affect the natural completion time for TCW Bonus Content.

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  3. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I think judging from what Kevin Kiner said as it takes 2 weeks to score an episode and what Dave said as these episodes will be finished and released before "Episode 7" & "Rebels" builds up, I think these episodes will be released at the end of the year either before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Tuesday, December 24th, or Tuesday, December 31st New Year's Eve. Because Kevin said on the week of June 10th that they're still working on 10 more bonus episodes and if it takes 2 weeks to score each episode, these episodes may be finished at the end of the last weekend of October on Saturday, October 26th to complete 20 weeks of scoring 10 episodes. So, when do you think the episodes are coming out? Before Thanksgiving? Christmas Eve Tuesday? Or New Year's Eve Tuesday? Please reply.

P.S. I think New Years Eve will be the day it comes out because it may signify not only the end of 2013 but the end of the "Clone Wars" time as 2014 will be the beginning of a new "Star Wars" era with "Rebels" coming next fall. So, if anyone of you message board members are going to CE2, ask Dave if these episodes will be released before the end of the year on New Year's Eve Tuesday.

Ani501st likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well I'm not shocked, and I'm glad theyre not trying to shove all the content on a S5 set. It deserves it's own release. Nice to have an actual S5 release date also.

I predict there will be some talk of bonus content at CE2 and probably a new clip.

6. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I hesitate between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
    I don't think New Year"s Eve would be a good idea.
    If you want to sell something on a big scale it has to be for Christmas 'cause every kids will want it.

7. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    I've held off from buying the blu-rays and past boxsets because I want the definitive Star Wars: Clones Wars box-set with all the episodes, including the bonus content. So, I guess I'll continue to wait.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

THere has to be talk there about it. It is A REALLY BIG ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM if you ask me... it can not be ignored.

I actually can see the Bonus Content coming for a Christmas release. It would be the perfect present.
    Season Five attacks the markets for Thanksgiving and the Bonus Content attacks X-mas!

IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That would perfect, watching new episodes of TCW on Christmas Day!!

10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

If the titles are announced tomorrow, this will make RFR more legit with their info.

If there is a collectors edition of Season 1-5 and its in chronological order I will probably buy it but it all depends on how that particular set is laid out.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This is my reaction to DVD release date ( hopefully )

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll add that its probably unlikely the bonus content will ever be packaged with Seasons 1-5 because of the different ownership to the distribution rights. Unless Warner only has the rights for Season 1-5 for a number of years and they will revert back to Disney one day.

13. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    I think this sounds logical. The bonus content will probably be released by Disney while Seasons 1-5 are distributed by WB. The obvious reason for a box set of 1-5 without the bonus stuff.

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I'm honestly just happy I'll get an S5 BD release. The season was (mostly) too good to not get in an uncut directors cut form and add to my current s1-4 collection.

Still, I wouldn't count news out just yet. We don't need to get an explicit announcement to hear an ambiguous "Expect some solid news later this year".

The real hard part about all this is not knowing the exact fate of the content. The longer we go without knowing how we get it, the more we risk NOT getting it.

Ani501st and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  15. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I think we can trust RFR, they were right about the cancellation of the show.

16. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Guys, SWU is tweeting "The Clone Wars" panel right now. It seems there was going to be a Yoda/Wookiees arc.

https://twitter.com/TheSWU

17. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Another bit of bonus content revealed in the season five blu-ray set ad.
    From the Below trailer's description:

Kind of odd to preview material in the ad if it's not going to be in the set. Unless of course, the bonus content makes into them.

The closing ceremony was a complete waste (I regret sitting in line for over an hour for it). With the fuss they were making over it, I was expecting something like a trailer for the Live action show, not an announcement for another Celebration.

18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    That's from the Young Jedi arc, which was in season 5.

19. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Ah, my mistake. That's what I get for skipping that arc. I now have no idea what the bonus content is in that trailer.

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    According to tweets Cad Bane's ship is going to appear in the bonus content... could this be confirmation that we will be getting the Bounty Hunter arc?

The trailer for the DVD/blu-ray release is basically the Season 5 trailer from August last year but with a difference. The Clovis parts of the trailer have been replaced with stuff from Young Jedi arc instead :) And it also includes more of the final Series 5 arc so its been edited a bit.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Star Wars Underworld was at the Clone Wars panel at Celebration and live tweeted the whole thing, glad they did that: http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2013/07/ceii-secrets-of-star-wars-clone-wars.html

It sounds like the Bonus Content is still in some weird limbo as Pablo said they're not sure how they'll release it still, and may throw unfinished animation in there as well. It makes me wonder if even the episodes we know about, i.e. Order 66 and Yoda Arcs, have a mix of completed scenes and unfinished scenes. Maybe they were always working on a multitude of episodes at once, so a whole bunch are partially finished?

I was happy they revealed some of the episodes that they never finished, i.e. Yoda with the wookiees and Ventress' "very dramatic" story arc, but it is also sad for me since letting us know about it now, and looking back wistfully on it probably means they will never go back and finish those episodes. Otherwise they'd save that info and tease us with it leading up to a release. Pablo tried to stay optimistic saying some of the stories could end up being worked into movies, but i know that some of these they would probably never revisit. Some concepts could be re-purposed, but when you're talking about telling a character's story, that would require them to actually do a movie about Ventress or Yoda and the wookiees which is probably something they wouldn't invest in.

22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Valorum was going to appear as well, and Filoni tried to get Ahsoka to ride a wolf several times throughout the series. [face_plain]
    No news on when or where it will be distributed. Ultimately disappointing, I say.

23. Revanchist7

Revanchist7 Jedi Padawan

Jul 23, 2013
    I think by bonus content they mean deleted scenes and commentary and such. Not necessarily the season 6 episodes.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

It appears Valorum will be in the bonus content...

I think they've always been working on multitude of episodes at once... probably starting one days/weeks apart.

If having some unfinished animation in the content means getting more stuff then I'm all for it.

The news that they don't know how they'll release it seems to suggest to me that they do have a lot they could release. It could be Disney are digging their heels into the ground as to how and how widely they will allow the bonus content to be released. If none of it was going to be released I doubt they would still be working on it.

25. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "Filoni: There is a scene that deals with repercussion of end of season 5. Unsure of if it will be seen..."
    "Going to Tatooine, Tusken Raiders involved"
    "Cad Bane's ship to appear in Bonus Content!"
    "Former Chancellor Valorum to appear inBonus Content!"
    "Looking at concept art of a Sith temple from Bonus Content! Filoni hints that Sith temple is from Yoda arc!"
    "Hidalgo stresses that even though we may not see stories as Clone Wars episodes, they may show up in another film"
    "Ventress story was going to get "very dramatic""

A scene about Ahsoka? And we won't see it? ****....
    TUSKENS! *squeal*
    Bounty hunter arc is happening. Sweet.
    Valorum? I wonder who the VA is. Can't wait!
    Sith Temple!? Maybe those Sith character-models from Mortis were recycled here.
    Individual films is the way to go! I think a Obi-Wan/Maul film has potential. Likewise, Ventress could get a film, because, ****, she has star power!

I think the prominent stories should get the opportunity to be made into films. If they're free from "episode" constraints, they could make some really interesting stories... And being movies, they could have original titles, and then be free of the WB/Disney situation.