main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Character Encyclopedia

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fistofan55, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I don't know if it's already established, but the book definitively states that Argyus was placed in his position by Palpatine himself.

2. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Your point here has alot of debate behind it....especially since Palps sent the Commandos to take care of Gunray.......
    Did Argyus know that Palpatine was playing a two-sided game? Very Interesting....

I'm glad you got the book! I hope there will be another. I like to think that this book is a fusion of both PT and TCW Visual Guides.

Who here wants to see a book like this for the PT and OT? :D

3. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I definitely would like to see a book like this for the movies specifically (i.e. no EU stuff mixed in - no offense to EU fans intended). What amazes me is how thorough the book is - though it does omit Italian Fish Guy ("our HAPPY laaaaaaand").

There are some funny little joke-like comments here and there - for Cut, there is a balloon pointing at his head that reads "Some clones have receding hairlines"; under "companions" for Peppi Bow it say "A bunch of shaaks"; and under "special skills" for Jar Jar it says "difficult to explain". :D

Man wouldn't it be sweet if they made action figures for each and every one of these characters? That will never happen, I know, but it would be nice.

Anyway, fun book; I will post more comments as I memori... er I mean read through it.

4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Anything new on Trench? Other military officers?

5. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Mar Tuuk scores more interesting read! The guy apparently uses a blaster pistol as his weapon. This is strange cuz we didn't see him use one in the series and none of the other Neimoidians seem have a weapon. Tuuk's sensor goggles apparently link to the ship's systems as well. This guy does have a battle figured out!

Poggle's bio states that he is a superb engineer.
    R3-S6(Goldie) was reprogrammed as a Sep agent at a Rep base on Milagro. The reprogrammers are identified as saboteurs.
    Like Poggle, Tambor is also an engineer.
    Loathsom is identified in using a blaster rifle and leading the Retail Caucus forces. That hat isn't a hat.

Trench- Nothing really new but was seemed new to me is his identified planet. It is called Secundus Ando.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Is there any other new information about R3?

7. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Well he isn't your run of the mill Neimoidian. Expect the unexpected when Tuuk's around. :D

8. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    @barriss_coffee and anyone else:
    There is a mentioning of Permese in Encyclopedia. The Glass of Vindi's spectacles are permese. It was a detail I overlooked because it wasn't a main point of concern in his bio but was a detail branched out from his render.

I think I should point out that Tyzen from the Webcomics is mentioned in Bolla Ropal's bio. I'm under the impression that Filoni is itching to bring out his Aang-Avatar-look-alike into TCW. :D

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks, FistoFan55! Ok, one quick last question, and then I'll promise I'll go hunt down a copy of the book myself: Does Iona Marcy have a species name yet?

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    bah! Ponds has a third clone number now. :oops: CC-0411? It was CC-6454, then "CT-411," and now CC-0411? The first one should be his number, since it was his first confirmed number. I don't get all these strange retcons. Poor Ponds, if I might add.

11. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Nope.

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I got it today and I hace to say I really enjoy it! Check it out if you want an analysis of important and background characters and droids!

13. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    One really great thing about this book for a senile old man like me is that I now have a quick and easy reference for all the clone characters. To be honest, I had trouble telling them apart (what with them all looking the same, variations in facial hair notwithstanding). Now I'm going to have to go back and watch the whole series again, only this time armed with detailed clone character nuance knowledge. :D

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Do they say anything new about Embo? What about Dr. Boll species?

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Dr. Boll's species is still unknown, and Embo's page doesn't really say anything we don't already know.

On another note, it seems Tera Sinube's lightsaber is indeed silver, and not blue.

16. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    It says Embo fought so hard because the Jedi doubted his group's ability to fight off the Ohnaka gang, and with his Kyuzo warrior honor questioned, he was determined to prove them wrong. So I guess one could extrapolate that his incredibly badass performance in the skirmish was at least partially intended to show the Jedi what he was made of.

No species is given for Boll. You'd think that the Republic would have had a space for that to be indicated on the application form for her job, but oh well. It does say that here eyes indicate an aquatic ancestry.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Interesting. Last question: Anything new about Eeth Koth?

18. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    It says Eeth Koth prefers long, loose robes, but other than that there's nothing really new new about him. You probably already know this, but he's a Zabrak and his home world is Nar Shaddaa.

It also says he's 5'7", which struck me as kind of short.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. I guess the real new thing is his preference for long, loose robes.

Thanks for the intel. ;)

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Mond should receive a TCW Neimoidian banner for all of his work. :p

21. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Haha, thanks for the kind words GG. I'm glad the scans helped you out. Did you update the wiki yet with the new info?

If you need any other character info, just drop me a line. :D

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, Axe and Fil both received the new information. :)

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's an excellent Gunray banner currently gracing the JCC forum at the moment... you could get some wonderful ideas there...

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Thanks, Barriss_Coffee. The left part of the banner just burned my eyes... :oops:

25. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I got to read this book today and I find it has some nice tid bits and new photos of characters. So far I've picked out two mistakes:

1) Ventress' race says "unknown", same goes for her home planet. We all know shes a rattataki.
    2) Eeth Koth is said to be a 'human' under his species stats yet the top says "zabraks have vestigal horns"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.