main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Complete Series Box set on blu-ray, when will we get one?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by obi-rob-kenobi4, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    So now that the show is complete I want a complete series boxset on blu-ray with all the seasons as well as the last episodes on it (ofcourse). When will we get one? How much money? How long do we have to wait??? Has LFL or my boy Dave said anything about such a release???

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I honestly don't want to think about how expensive that would be.

I'm still trying to justify the $75 Blu-Ray box set for Indiana Jones when I ****ing hate Temple of Doom.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  3. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Gee it wont be that expensive I would be shocked if it was any more than like $70 bucks.

Im dieing to complete my LFL blu-ray collection with this as many are. Having a bunch of boxes now instead of one nice boxset of the complete series that i can put next to The Saga and the idy boxsets would be perfect.

4. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Would anyone else be interested in them putting the episodes on chronological order on a complete series set? I don't particularly mind the first three seasons out of order but I still think it would be nice. I know you can simply watch the eps in chronological order now but that involves quite a bit of changing discs between episodes. Would be nice to already have them in the right order and might even help a few people justify the purchase if they already have the season sets. At the very least I hope they move Revival from the first episode of season 5 to right before Eminence. I have the season 1 - 4 sets, but only 4 is a bluray. Seasons 1 through 3 I have on DVD so I would consider a complete series set depending on the price difference between buying 4 individual sets (1, 2, 3, and 5) vs the box set. Could then sell the s4 bluray and s3 DVD. Woul probably hold onto 1 and 2 because of the art books.

obi-rob-kenobi4 and Darthgoodguy like this.
  5. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I love this idea and would also like a collection presenting the various arcs, cut together as mini-movies. I already have the "Darth Maul Returns" DVD plus the "Nightsisters Trilogy" iTunes exclusive. They're both awesome!

Can't wait to have the "Fate of Ahsoka","Darkness On Umbara", "Mandalore Takeover" and even the "Four Episodes in the Void" arc (please God let it be better as a movie)

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    For all we know this is how they'll work out distributing the fabled bonus content. In a complete box set to try and force me (and others) to repurchase the a $80 Blu-ray that is mostly stuff I already got.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    A complete series blu ray (over 100 episodes!) would probably run at about 200 bucks out the gate. which is what I was waiting for anyway.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's what I was thinking. We're talking around 40 hours of content just in the shows, that doesn't even include bonus material.

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Doubt it. Complete series box sets usually come out at around £60-£75 on Amazon ($75-95). Unless Amazon UK just has ridiculously low Blu-Ray prices.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Has the quid gone down that much? I'm used to that amount equaling $120-150.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No, that was from my head, and a quick google shows I'm off the mark somewhat.

£60 = $92
    £75 = $115

Still, yeah, the pound's gone down. It did used to be about a pound to two dollars. :(

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    W00t! Cheaper UK trips while the pound is lower!

(...I wish. Not practical right now but damn...)

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  13. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008
    It does (well not quite, it hasn't been 1:2 for a few years, more like 1:1.6 these days), but when media companies translate their prices to GBP they rip us off on the exchange rate more often than not. For example the Collector's Edition of Guild Wars 2 (using that as I haven't compared any Star Wars releases lately) was $149.99 in the US, but £129.99 (=$199.79) in the UK.

07jonesj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.