main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Episode Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 26, 2011.

1. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Yup, I guess my look on the episodes change as time goes by, I appreciate them more or less after analyzing them a couple of times, and my rating from the first time I see an episode compared to months after is almost always radically different.:p

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    GG also made some major changes to his lists. He raised about as many grades as he lowered. :p

There's no reason we can't still do that approach though. This whole thing more or less happened spontaneously when people suddenly started listing grades for all seasons in the series thread a few months ago. I just couldn't resist doing something with the data.

It'd be great to have your lists though, Rob. Especially because I know you rate things very differently. You can always change your lists at a later point if you change your mind though. I'm keeping a spreadsheet, so all I have to do is enter/change the grades and everything is automatically computed. But if you don't feel like it, I understand your reasons. :)

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I had some time to rewatch certain episodes. :p

As for the ones I skipped in season three, I'm not going to bother with those.

4. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I must admit the same happened to me when I went back to milk certain old episodes for icons. My opinion of some didn't change much, but others, like 'Blue Shadow Virus', I didn't find as deplorable as the first time around. They were still a bit 'meh', but I wouldn't grade them as harshly as I first did.

It must've been the bad episodes from season 3 that made them look good! [face_laugh]

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think it's a great idea to have the LACWAC Community rewatch TCW from the beginning during the summer and have a new ratings thread.

Obviously it we can only take one's word that one has rewatched the episode, but it will be a requirement to participate and rank the episode that one has rewatched it (say in the last 2 weeks before the new discussion thread).

That's a decent way to get us through the summer and will hopefully provide some perspective on how the series has changed from when Filoni and Gilroy originated things to Lucas' increased involvement.

6. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I didn't get what this thread was about when there were only a few posts, now that I do I am excited to participate, but I am a little reluctant to just go in and do sweep ratings when there are some episodes I don't remember a lot about. A little while ago I was thinking about making a thread asking how many episodes people think warrant a rating of 10 so far, and it's cool that this thread is kind of doing that for me incidentally. :D

7. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    @ GM: I too think it's a great idea, especially since so many people change their minds upon revisiting episodes.

Just thinking practically now: if we start in April, we have about 22 weeks until the first weekend of September, and 44 episodes to cover. That's 2 episodes a week, which sounds reasonable, I think.

@ Tarkus: I think it's cool to do a 'sweep rating' now, so that we can see how our ratings changed after summer, when we've watched all the old episodes again. :)

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    We need a moderator on board with the idea of revisiting the past episodes just due to the restrictions with creating polls.

I'm confident I could do 2 episodes a week if thats the mathimatical requirement to finish before Season 4 starts.

Personally I'd love to have a vocal avenue and reason to revisit the series's first two seasons just because I'm so down on Season 3.

9. jonas_jade

jonas_jade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2005
    I think it'd be great if we rewatched them in chronological order (I don't think I could watch the beginning of Season 3 in airing order again[face_laugh])

But we don't have an official order yet. :(

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    use some of the unofficial orders then -my order[face_whistling] or 2ndquest's order for example- well the biggest difference is placing of mandotrilogy right after the movie (like i placed it)it unfortunately makes Ahsoka to disappear oddly- so maybe it works better in some other slot.....

11. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    use some of the unofficial orders then -my order[face_whistling] or 2ndquest's order for example- well the biggest difference is placing of mandotrilogy right after the movie (like i placed it)it unfortunately makes Ahsoka to disappear oddly- so maybe it works better in some other slot.....[/quote]
    That's the only part of the widely accepted timelines I don't agree with... I think the Mandotrilogy was intended to be before the TCW film. I can't remember what the accepted wisdom that contradicted that was, but that's still how I think of it.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    That's the only part of the widely accepted timelines I don't agree with... I think the Mandotrilogy was intended to be before the TCW film. I can't remember what the accepted wisdom that contradicted that was, but that's still how I think of it.[/quote]I would like it so too (and 2ndquest) but it's confirmed that Cat and Mouse is chronologically first:(

13. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I figured if you both had it there, there was some official confirmation, but I couldn't remember what it was.

When/if Filoni's official timeline comes out... I dunno, I just hope it isn't totally messed up.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [/sum]{ARC Troopers}{Rookies}(\cos(Malevolence)(x)-(Geonosis)x)-\cos((Mandalores)x+(Ryloth)x))-\[/sum]{Padme Episodes}{2}(\cos((Sphere of Influence)x+(Log(Holocron Heist))x)+\cos((Gunrilogy)x-(Boba Fett eps)x))= 42

Last I heard that's what he's got in his notes so far.

15. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I've zipped through about half of season one so far to prepare myself for putting my ratings in this thread, and you may find yourself presently surprised, because I have to say many of the complaints I've heard about this season can also apply to past seasons. The best example is how they arbitrarily throw in lines from the original trilogy. There was a lot of hating on that this season from people who said that the first two seasons were way better, particularly during the Force-witch trilogy and the Mortis trilogy, but you don't have to watch too many episodes from the first two seasons to see that arbitrarily throwing in lines from the films is prevalent in all seasons. Just watch "Shadow of Malevolence" and you'll see what I mean. I personally don't mind it, but maybe for those who do have a problem with it and love the first two seasons watching it will lessen the hate seeing that these issues are not at all unique to season three.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Oh yes, we complained about it then, and it's only worse now because it just gets a little more aggravating each time.

At this point in the global geek zeitgeist, and the role SW has played in its development, I don't think we need anymore "wink wink, nudge nudge" throw-in lines or references from the OT films, unless the situation really calls for it.

17. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I tend to feel one is good, two is workable if it's both fluid and pertinent, and after that it just weakens it exponentially. In that middle episode of the Malevolence arc there are a ton of them and at least half are quite arbitrary.

18. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I have swept through season one and am currently making my way through season two. I will also be re-watching all of season three before posting my ratings in this thread, but I'm over 1/3 of the way there!

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    My spreadsheet awaits with ever growing hunger. :-B