main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW: Favorite New (Season 2) Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 5, 2010.

?

TCW: Favorite New (Season 2) Character

Poll closed May 10, 2010.
  1. TODO-360 (Holocron Heist)

1.5%
  2. Cut Lawquane (The Deserter)

3.1%
  3. Tera Sinube (Lightsaber Lost)

10.8%
  4. Pre Viszla (Mandalore Trilogy)

12.3%
  5. Duchess Satine (Mandalore Trilogy)

26.2%
  6. Lt. Tan Divo (Senate Murders)

3.1%
  7. Admiral Trench (Cat and Mouse)

4.6%
  8. Sugi (Bounty Hunters)

6.2%
  9. Embo (Bounty Hunters)

26.2%
  10. The Zillo Beast

6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Voted for TODO.

I totally couldn't decide between TODO, Satine and Embo. But the latter already had many votes so...

I would TOTALLY vote for the new Monkey Lizard (the white/blue/yellow one that pwned Anakin. Best moment of season 2!) [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

2. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Embo is badass, so I'll vote for him.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We had a debate about Pre Viszla vs. Tal Merrick, but we figured Viszla is set up to be more of a "major" villain so we picked him.

We are also going to do a separate poll for favorite "established SW character 1st appearance in TCW" which will include characters such as Adi Gallia.

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Badassery>>>Likable eccentric characters, and awesomeness=character development. That's why. It happens sometimes. I voted for him, though. :p

But more to the point, Star Wars takes great pride in crafting unique atmospheres and locales despite the seeming lack of characterisation. Embo perfectly represents these virtues, so it makes sense that he'd be a leader in the polls considering that Cad Bane is absent.

5. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ^ I thought Sinube's 'grandpa' tendencies were too much at times, to the point of it being eye-rolling. He's pretty much a lamer version of Yoda. But I did like him at times, and hope we see him later. But character developement? Where?

And I confused Viszla with Tal Merrick! Viszla was dangerous and serious, not very unique. I liked how Tal Merrick was a sarcastic villain.

6. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    I think Sinube was an inadvertent protest against the notion that it's just enough for a character to be badass, mysterious and not-annoying with nothing to show their character but their action scenes. He actually dared to portray real-ish annoying eccentricities (c'mon, we know slow drivers exist, and I'm sure we've at least heard of people who crack lame puns :p) and was very comfortable in his skin.

Still, character development is a fair point as many of these guys only have one episode so far. Still, the point stands that sometimes we equate awesomeness to actual development.

7. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    ^I agree with you. But annoying eccentricities are just that, annoying, and the same goes for lame puns. He does have the 'badass' factor of the CANESABER though, remember. I don't think there's been a single Jedi character in the show to never weild a lightsaber or fight, except maybe Jocasta Nu.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Satine by a mile. Pre Vizla was really interesting, but didn?t get enough screen time to shine.

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    And we even saw Jocasta Nu wield her lightsaber, though it was really a copycat. I think the only Jedi who didn't wield a saber were the ones who died too fast to be able to, like Bolla Ropal. This dependency on lightsabers is something that was established in the prequels with Yoda pulling ou his little green one. This pretty much killed the notion that there could be different kinds of Jedi, ones that relied solely on the Force or other techniques for battle, instead of the same old lightsaber. It's a pity, if you ask me...

I don't think there's a single line in the prequels that annoys me more than Obi-Wan's "This weapon is your life". Yeah, more than midi-chlorians, wishing to wish things away, the properties of sand and yipees.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Keep in mind though, Anakin had already established a history of losing his saber at that point.

Having a teacher exaggerate a point to try to drive it home through a teenager's thick skull is nothing new.

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    As far as the movies go, that's the first time Anakin ever lost a lightsaber. So a wise Jedi saying that a mechanical weapon is a Jedi's life... that's just horrible.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Embo gets my vote, although there were other characters that were just as awesome, like Tera Sinube and Pre Vizsla.

13. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, to be fair, Gry, the lightsaber, while still a tool, is a lot more personal than your typical blaster or weapon. Jedi are still trained to not be attached to it, yet there seems to be some sort of vague spiritual significance to the construction of a lightsaber. You could liken it to the usual portrayal of personal weapons as an extension of the character's personality, but that's odd seeing as Jedi are meant to be free of attachments, including to their weapons. (shrug) Star Wars is full of these little contradictions.

I wonder, though, how attached you could get to a lightsaber CANE. :p

Also, just thought I'd add a bit more Pre Vizsla appreciation. He's an interesting mix of a proud warrior and an overlord, seeing as he went from a straight out duel to ordering his warriors to finish Obi-Wan off. All things considered, he actually looks like he can become a formidable threat under the proper direction, and I'm hoping to see more of him.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I put in Zillo Beast half-jokingly and 3 people have voted for it!

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Other

The Old Jedi who help Ahsoka.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Are you talking about Tera Sinube or Jocasta Nu?

17. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You should have put in the new Monkey Lizard! :p He did better against Anakin than an army of Battle Droids. [face_laugh]

18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Sinube. I know who Jocasta Nu is, since she was in the film.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Right. Isn't Sinube one of the poll choices? [face_mischief]

20. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    So far, half the Jedi (besides her master and Obi-Wan) who've helped Ahsoka Tano qualify as 'old'. :p

21. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Embo is winning so far? Seriously people?:oops:

22. izzy_the_hutt

izzy_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2009
    I voted for Sinube, because I give any character that can actually make me like a prequel-era Jedi major props. Yeah, he might be a lame version of Yoda...but he's mellower, kinda like Dagobah Yoda, so I can dig it.

(Nothing wrong with putting in Zillo! He needs love, too--and don't forget, he was just trying to warn everyone that Palps was a Sith Lord:p .)

23. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    The Zillo Beast rules!!!

24. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I've got to go with Satine. I don't necessarily like her as a person but her character unlocks a lot about Obi-Wan's past and I'd like to venture into that even further.

25. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    I can't decide between Pre Visla and Embo....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.