main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Grade the Episode: S05E02: A War On 2 Fronts

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Oct 10, 2012.

?

How would you grade this episode?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2013.
  1. 10/10

8.9%
  2. 9/10

8.9%
  3. 8/10

23.2%
  4. 7/10

23.2%
  5. 6/10

12.5%
  6. 5/10

10.7%
  7. 4/10

5.4%
  8. 3/10

3.6%
  9. 2/10

3.6%
  10. 1/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Good setup episode, nothing more.

7/10, extra points for Ahsoka getting shut down hard, I actually laughed at that.

DM99 likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I posted two entirely separate posts in this thread without realizing it.

:oops:

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    4/10
    Respected Onderon's canon, which was refreshing. However, the episode was literally sleep inducing. I couldn't sleep so I decided to give this a watch - worked like a charm.
    In a word: superfluous.

Edit: I think it's pathetic that it took them this long to add sleeves to the robe Jar Jar wore in Bombad Jedi.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    9/10. Lingered too long on the rolling droid popper exercise, but otherwise a very solid and well-done episode.

5. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    7/10. As other opinions, they focused too much on training and people failing at them. They also reused the word terrorist too many times and make rebels look like a back thing. The fighting at the end was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the taking of Iziz.

6. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    3/10

Very borring one for me.Only intresting part is Ahsoka being jelous and seeing how to destroy destroyers.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    8 Promising part of the new arc- hopefully it doesn't take a turn to worse. It was not too exciting though but Onderon and Iziz especially were beautifully made. Interesting to see how this arc continues.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This.

Council Scene was a nine or ten for me, the rest was as you said...

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm treating this episode like "Kidnapped" which was weak but the rest of the Slaves of the Republic arc I had fun with. Also one of Umbara's strengths was that arc had mostly original characters. This Onderon arc has that in common with Umbara. Crap can happen here.

KED12345 likes this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I'm looking forward to the tactics in battle, the pacing and tension. If they provide 90% of what Umbara gave us... I will be pleased.

Umbara will be hard to top.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Totally with ya on that one. I'll personally be happy is this arc meets "Slaves of the Republic" in what it gave me.

AkashKedavra_93 and KED12345 like this.
  12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I would call this a win if it is on par SotR.

Garth Maul likes this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    2 out 10 - wayyyyyyyyyyy toooooooo booooooring.

The episode did not need a "slow walking into the camp" scene. That was just painfully slow.... and the episode did not need the second "training on the tank" scene and the second "training with droid poppers" scene, all that would have saved more than 5-6 minutes for the episode.

Obi-Wan and Rex were useless and did not need to be on Onderon.

The battle with the droids was short and too stationary.

The episode ended in the middle of nowhere when things were just getting interesting with the group entering the city and the episode had NO episodic resolve.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    7/10. This was a really good episode for what it was: an intro. The training scenes slowed the pace down but they showed us more about the droids and let us get to know the new characters. The dialogue was good all around, especially during the Council scene. The animation was gourgeous and needless to say, the robes made a world of difference.

Like I said, there was nothing really wrong with the story, it just wasn't as memorable as others.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Umbara was already topped by Massacre and Revival and will be topped by other episodes...

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If Tikkes and San HIll is in the next arc, will that make it your favorite? :p

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Ohhhh yeahhhhh!

Dark Lord Tarkas and KED12345 like this.
  18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Even when there's Padmé? :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Dear Akash,

I am a sick wacko who dislikes Anakin but awaits the next episodes about Clovis anyway, knowing that Anakin AND Padme are going to be in it.

20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Dear Dan,
    I hear ya on Anakin man. Overall I really like TCW, there's a few misses yes, but this arc holds a lot of promise, plus Scipio looks sick. Also the IGBC? Hell yeah!

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    So far I am sold on Clovis, the Banking Clan's look, Scipio and I think I could stomach Anakin's romance with Padme cause I am one of the few people I know who loves Senate Spy.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan: Senate Spy is not my favorite, but I do like it. Seeing Cato Neimoidia is always a treat.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Amen! And we will have the pleasure soon after this arc to enjoy Cato-Neimodia once more and maybe in more detail than before.

24. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    5/10. Just a very average, mediocre episode, in my eyes. Not much happened, plodding pacing, a bit clunky in the setup with the return of Lux and just didn't flow well. Few times have I seen an episode that's so blatantly meant only to set up an arc.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    7/10.

The premise of watching Jedi (fashioned as 'military advisors') train an insurgency force in guerilla warfare was enough of a premise for me to take an interest and the Jedi Council scene offered much for me to enjoy. The story doesn't have near enough to stand on its own merits, but working as an introduction, it does a fine enough job of introducing new characters and setting the stage for a larger tale.

Whoever it is who decided to use Revival for the season opener, as opposed to A War on Two Fronts, I feel cerartainly made the right call, but this episode served to invest me with anticipation for the rest of the arc, and in the end, this was its most important job, really.