main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Has Ruined the Villians

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    SithStarSlayer, seriously bro I don't need to see anymore proof of how epic Cad Bane is.

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Cad Bane is definitely one of TCW's best original villains, and IMO his character was fleshed out in a way that made him far more compelling and interesting than Durge ever was in the mircroseries and the comics. While Durge was a very cool character in concept, his Gen'Dai regeneration abilities just made him seem over the top, and there is virtually no precedent in biology and the real world for what a Gen'Dai like Durge is capable of surviving, as well as their ridiculously long lifespan. /endrant

Anyways, would love to see more of Cad Bane in the future in a Dark Times show or spinoff film if his fate isn't resolved in the bonus content (which I kinda hope not, we need more Cad Bane and his contradictions!*).

SithStarSlayer
    Too bad Bane gets disarmed seconds after getting in a couple of swings, much like Cassie Cryar in Lightsaber Lost. Goes to show that non-Force sensitive beings with no lightsaber training stand no chance of topping any competent Jedi in lightsaber combat, but I applaud the Duros bounty hunter's effort.

*My bad, I just went there. >.<

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    That was my Han Solo moment in TCW. I don't care that he can't use it for very long, its badass enough in that he didn't cut off his own arm.:p

Circular_Logic likes this.
  4. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    As a Grievous fan I totally agree. While Genndy's version was overpowered,, that was also the only version that really caputured what Grievous should be: A legitimate threat to the Republic. Then there's his relationship with Ventress, Grievous got his job as supreme leader by beating her senseless so him and her being on par is rather contradictory and the way he responds to her insolence makes him look weak. Then again, it's obvious that the crew of the TCW never cared about the EU beyond character names. Add to that Lucas' general apathy and you can make up whatever lame excuse you want. I'm starting to think that Filoni truly hates Grievous, for the reasons you stated and the unnecessary attempted retcons of his backstory. "Let's just throw out all of this character and story and make him some idiot who went under the knife out of Jealousy."

In my opinion, I hate this new Ventress in that they're turning her into an Anti-hero. No, it doesn't work like that. You can't take a sadistic war criminal, throw in some "sympathetic" story and then want people to cheer her on. Just a few months ago she was part of a freaking necromancers guild.

Dooku is a Sith Lord. That we all know, so it stands to reason that he should be the toughest guy on this show. But Anakin can solo him easy. Which doesn't make any sense because he was never even close to his level of skill until Episode 3.

Unpopular Opinion: Cad Bane is the new Boba. The badass bounty hunter with no flaws that can make even the most skilled of opponents look like little girls. Very hard for me to respect him.

Savage and Maul are bad for different reason: 1. Darth Maul isn't Darth maul, he's a completely different character, who's only Maul in name.
    2. Savage was only ever meant to be Maul 2.0, but with Maul back he's just...there.

Here's a favorite of mine though. The Super Battle Droids had been shafted in favor of the Commando Droids, who in turn had starting appearing so frequently that all semblance of a threat that they had in Rookies is freaking gone.

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Durge never beat any Jedi in CW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.