main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Pessimism Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, they certainly don't attract me, in 2D, 3D or real life. (I'm a woman.) But considering how some drool over Aayla and the like, I thought it only fair to include "eye candy" for the eye-candy crowd.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think it would work fine with just 1, 3, and 4.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    One thing I noticed last time I rewatched Destroy Malevolence was that Padme's ass was everywhere. Seriously, the screen angle was focused on it several times, and I don't think that was accidental.

I have no problem labeling an animated figure "hot for a cartoon character". Animation is done well enough these days that it's possible.

Side note: I remember watching Beauty and the Beast with a couple of friends when it premiered; I was in college at the time. One friend kept talking about how the prince looked much better as a beast.

Disney's men didn't do much for me but I think we were supposed to view the prince and Gaston as handsome.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Belle too. :p

[​IMG]

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Come on, people, I think something is wrong with you...

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Opinion noted.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Your lack of pessimism concerns me!

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Is this the [Removed] thread?

TCW SUCKS LOL AMIRITE GUYS

That word is not permitted, please do not post it again. -Sx3

9. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    You're thinking of the LACWAC exile boards.

:p

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I've got a question for those who don't hate TCW and does enjoy it/love it: if you had to choose, what is the thing you dislike the most about the show?

I think I'd say the sometimes jumbled chronological order of the episodes; for example, Hostage Crisis is the season 1 finale and then in season 3, it's prequel Evil Plans and sequel Hunt For Ziro, aired; the same goes for the Domino Squad trilogy, with Rookies that aired as one of the first episodes of the show and at the start of season 3 it's prequel and then sequel aired (then of course we have when more major characters that have been killed appearing in later episodes).

There is usually not a problem with this when entire arcs or standalone episodes airs out of order, but only when it's more obvious. Personally, I don't think it's that of a big problem, but it can see it being quite confusing for the more casual watchers.

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I do not hate TCW. Some episodes I really like, but some of them I do not. I think the major problem about TCW is/was the change in quality when you compare one episode to another. Some of them were excellent, some of them were crap! The constant change in quality kept me from really enjoying the show.
    Some things I do not like as well.
    My list:
    -) The way the TCW writers do not respect the EU.
    -) The return of Maul.
    -) Some episodes had nothing to do with war.
    -) The villains never are victorious (at least not the Seppies).
    -) Maul, Opress and Bane scored more victories than the Seppies in general.
    -) Bad guys are captured, only to be out of prison some time later (Embo).
    -) The Galaxy is not big enough (Fett meets Ventress, Maul meets Hondo and Black Sun, Skywalker meets Ackbar...).
    -) The music (soudntrack) was not always that good. Although I have to say Wood did an excellent job!
    -) The human character models were never as good as character models of aliens. Characters such as Dooku just are terrible!

12. Grendelspyce

Grendelspyce Jedi Master

Jun 29, 2006
    I hated that Dooku model from the first time I saw it. It was so over the top "eeeevviillll" when the whole point of Dooku was to be a charming, handsome, charismatic statesman that was secretly a Sith Lord. Remember how he was during the separatist meeting on Geonosis in AOTC. Turning him into a generic bad guy who was regularly bested is one of the biggest failings of TCW.
    Dooku should have been as mysterious and powerful as Sidious ultimately was portrayed to be. Likewise, he should not have had much to do with the day to day dealings of the war. He was busy schmoozing worlds to the side of the Seppies, leaving the grind of running the droid army to Grievous (who was also criminally misused in TCW, but that's a whole other point).

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I thought Dooku needed a little of both. He was fairly evil during his fight with Obi-Wan and Anakin, having a big grin on his face and he cut down Obi-Wan.

I kind of felt he needed to be more like Palpatine in that he has his public/charming persona, but then a secret evil side. The only difference would be that none of the Jedi would see Palpatine's evil side until ROTS, whereas with Dooku they would have known fully that he was a Sith, and that it was all an act. He could be his overtly evil self, if facing the Jedi in private, but that otherwise we should have seen more of his public facade and get a sense of why so many systems are following him.

Instead we pretty much just saw him maniacally evil the whole time, and instead of showing us his charisma they left it as something implied, which I did not like.

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, Dooku certainly seemed to have devolved into little more than a mustache-twirling villain throughout much of the series, at times little better than your standard Saturday morning cartoon baddie. I liked his portrayal in the Nightsisters trilogy and Crisis on Naboo, but otherwise he seemed almost nothing like the charismatic persona that graced the screen in AotC; this was most glaring in the episodes Heroes on Both Sides and Pursuit of Peace, episodes where we should see Dooku as a more charismatic politician, one so admired by Mina Bonteri (though you wouldn't know it just by seeing his on-screen portrayals).

That's the main reason why I found Maul and Ventress to be far more compelling characters as villains during the series, but it needn't be this way, especially seeing Dooku's portrayal in other EU works.

General Immodet and Esg like this.
  15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Why did they never update Dooku's model? Come on, if one character needed an update, it was Dooku!

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Ugh, I just hate Dooku's character model. Just look at that tall, rectangular head with his eyes twice as high up on his face as they should be. And that tiny forehead, massive pointy beard, and thick lower lip have got to go.

Mace needs a redesign two, methinks. It seems like every major Jedi on the show except him has gotten an updated model. Oh, and Grievous too--they really need to give him six fingers like he had in RotS.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku was done terribly in TCW. He was so not what he was supposed to be!

Something really went wrong when Dooku was being planned for the show...

The best way would have been to make him half and half to make the audience not know where he stands, but with all the random murders he showed how random he is.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.