main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW: Re-Runs and Syndication?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by phatdude1138, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I just realized that TCW (in theory) has just met the magic number of 100 episodes (5 seasons) for broadcast syndication.

Syndication is often a profitable enterprise because series can be rerun for years after they end production. Shows of limited profitability during their first run will still prove to be viable to the production company if they can last 100 episodes. This point is usually reached during a series' fifth season.

I think this is very important to TCW. I know growing up in the 70s and 80s, every Saturday I was watching Bugs Bunny cartoons that aired decades earlier. I watched Popeye, Tom & Jerry, even the 3 Stooges, Addams Family and the Munsters. Either way, even though I wasn't even alive when those shows originally aired, I was introduced to them via "reruns".

My only fear is with Disney, they seem to be wanting to sweep this all under the rug until the EP7 era gets rolling. Another worry is Disney usually doesn't give up it's classics for free. ""Disney Vault" anyone? You know, where you can only buy a Cinderella or Snow White video every five or ten years?

I think inevitably TCW has to start re-runing somewhere. This should generate some buzz in that era and possibly bring "something" like it back.

2. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Rerunning as in rebroadcasting old episodes? Or having a reboot of the series?

3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Rebroadcasting old episodes some time in the future on some network.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, well I'm sure they'll broadcast seasons one to five again sometime over the next few years, just not any time soon. I don't mind because I have the DVD's, but I do hope Disney does find a place to show the series again, because it wouldn't be very good if they just get the rights to it and then completely forget about it.

5. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I doubt it will be on TV. If they were gona play it on the disney channel, then they would have gotten season 6 for there. Disney is evil and it seems like their strategy is to eliminate star was completely besides episode 7 so that we are super desperate for SW when episode 7 comes out.... Don't think the clone wars will be on TV anymore

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well in Canada, Teletoon is rebroadcasting S5

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Probably not. Yes, twenty years ago, or even ten, but not now. Reruns have generally started going the way of the dinosaur in the era of Netflix and other streaming on-demand options.

8. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    I agree with CaptainRex... I think that Disney is attempting to almost force us into a Star Wars drought before E7 comes out so that we will be super psyched when it does. However, I feel that Disney doesn't really understand how the SW fans work. We don't need a drought or waiting period to be excited for this movie. When it hits that movie is going to be huge regardless of what lead to it. In fact I don't want a drought personally, I would rather see clone wars continue up to the movie or the new games be released so we have some SW related material to keep our minds on the future.

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    On the contrary, a drought will likely make me more critical of Episode VII. :p

QuangoFett and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Exactly! I'm not really sure what Disney was planning or thinking cancelling TCW and everything else the way they did. With so many possible story arcs open and left to finish the show has dollar signs all over it for them. I feel they just wanted to cut all ties with Cartoon Network and Warner bros since they're Disney's biggest competitors.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Cartoon Network hardly ever reran TCW anyways and I never understood why.

12. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Something I just realized that might well have a bearing. I'm sure that the sale agreement probably retained at least "residuals" rights for the existing materials. By cancelling CW and putting it on the shelf, Disney would reduce the payout on those residuals. I'm sure that the contracts going forward for whomever gets hired to work on Disney Wars will be MUCH less favorable than the ones they probably would have gotten from Lucasfilm.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    TCW currently runs in syndication in the US (where I live, it's two episodes each Saturday evening on the CW Channel) and has been for some weeks, now. As an added bonus, the episodes are airing in accordance with in-universe chronology for the first time.

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Reruns would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for them. I guess I gotta go spend a hundred dollars on DVDs to see the show again, don't I? [face_waiting]

(I do have all the Maul/Savage-related episodes on DVR, tho', so it's not that big an emergency for me yet)

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    It's on syndication, I DVR old episodes when they come back on.

16. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Right now, you can watch the show in syndication on broadcast television. I'm not sure how other countries or states are currently doing it, but in Indiana, Clone Wars is played on the local Fox channel Sunday night/Monday mornings at midnight with a repeat at 3:00 am. It's a pretty cool acknowledgement that TCW is perceived as more of a sci-fi/fantasy series than strictly as children's entertainment.

Seerow likes this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well in the UK, CN seem to run repeats very often, I think they air episodes every day. Though we have yet to receive Season 5, but each season has been repeated numerous times and I assume this may continue for a while.

18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    They have to make room for all those lovely live action shows and fantastic cartoons on there these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.