main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW S5E19 commentary thread (Spoiler alert) Gee thanks!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bliss000, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm going to take things at face value for now and assume that Tarkin genuinely believes it was Ahsoka who is the murderer. After all, the show has already pointed out its own plot holes by having Tarkin ask why Ahsoka couldn't sense the assassin. It wouldn't surprise me if the writer also conveniently forgot the high security nature of the prison facility.

2. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    For the why (assuming it is Barriss):
    I don't have a clue how they wrap it up either. It's gonna be interesting to say the least.

3. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    The thing is, I find that suspicious in its own right. Asohka never says that she couldn't sense anyone, only that she didn't do it, and that she had no idea who had.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Yes but even the worst writer couldn't forget that they had written that Tarkin told Ahsoka about the camera's and that the sound was convenietly turned off in that cell. Could they :confused:

Chewgumma likes this.
  5. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Its Ahsoka dude.

fett 4 likes this.
  6. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    No, but the worst of writers would certainly write it in as a contrived detail in a forced murder mystery plot.

fett 4 likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    These writers are actually paid aren't they? Oh my.

8. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    :_| Barriss has been one of my favorite non-major Jedi since The Approaching Storm. Its bad enough TCW changed her age from 20-something to 16 so she can be BFFs with Ashoka, but if she is the traitor it will be the worst character assassination the show has done. I wasn't even that upset at Piel's death but this is a different ballgame. How does she go from a by-the-book healer to a "terrorist"? I'm assuming they just didn't want to make a model for a new character.

"Who haven't we used is a long time?"
    "Umm..well Barriss Offee and"
    "Barriss great! Think of the tension! Wait does she already have a death scene in the EU?"
    "Yeah the ROTS comic adaption, during Order 66"
    "Even better!!! Our story will just replace that. Everyone will just have to get over it. Get to work!"

Still hoping for either A) The traitor is someone else, B) Barriss is mind-controlled by the real traitor or, C) its a clone named Baarrissss

Paparazzo and 07jonesj like this.
  9. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I think it's pretty obvious it's barris, (and very sad too.) But think about it for a moment, what if it's not Bariss, what if Filoni is just doing this so he could laugh in our faces cause we thought it was this sweet young girl name Bariss, when instead it was some other evil lady or what not. I mean It's not that far out, this is Filoni we are talking about.

Anyways, if it is Bariss, she better have a very good reason to do this, I am personally hoping all of this is force upon her in some way, buy some third party person. Cause I mean, why would a Jedi Healer do something like that? I don't beleive she could have fallen so far!

But I do beleive Dave Filoni has a heck of a lot of explaining to do in the next episode!

10. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    it's definitely barriss, check the season 5 thread

11. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    nevermind. tired to post a pic from my comp. but it didn't work.....

12. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    Ahsoka and her views of things has changed over the course of this series, who to say Barriss and her view hasn't change off screen as well. As time goes by people change, but they don't always change for the better.

COMPNOR likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Firstly, doing all the character development off-screen is bad writing 101. Secondly, she's not at all like this in the novels. Thirdly, if TCW crew don't care about the rest of the EU, make new freakin' characters!

14. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Barriss' model for the past four episodes is actually a new model :p

15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    This. Thing is canon doesn't bother me that much, as previously mentioned I really like Innocents of Ryloth even though it breaks canon with the EU. But I can't help but wonder why they used Barriss when she isn't even the same age as her portrayal in AOTC (The actress who played her was in her 20's when AOTC was being filmed). The role could easily have been served with a new character.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    ARE YOU SAYING THAT BARRISS IS THE BOMBER BECAUSE SHE WEARS HIJAB AND MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS?

just kidding...

but not really. Unfortunate implications.

I needed to say it, because I'm trying to come up with the reasoning behind this.

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Barriss motive was probably "master/mother replacement has been captured by evil Maul dude and then evil Maul dude forced me to blow up the temple" or something. It would work for me. Barriss isn't exactly a very bright bulb.

BlenderWars likes this.
  18. Knight3440

Sep 29, 2012
    Maybe Barriss saw a vision of Jedi wiped by the clone army and thought the only to prevent this was to get the Jedi order to withdraw from war.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Option 1. Go to Yoda, reveal the vision, Jedi Purge averted.

Option 2. Approach a woman and ask her to blow up her husband, along with several of your friends. Then frame a Jedi. o_O

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I can't wait to see what half-baked asinine conclusion they have in store for us.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Pathetic and unsurprising. Let me just give Dave my copies of Medstar next time he heads to the restroom. Poor Michael Reeves. If I were him, I'd probably never write anything again. How unlucky does the guy have to be? How many fringe EU/PT characters did he use and yet Dave and the crew managed to target just about all of them. Barriss is just the final nail in that particular coffin.

That's alright though, I'm convinced that the character that goes by Barriss Offee in the Clone Wars is clearly not the same character as the movie version. Ergo, this not Barriss is not a problem.

Clearly, she's a clone or some other type of pretender. She's younger than the real Barriss. She doesn't share any of the real Barriss' values or views. And she goes crazy and becomes a terrorist.

So let's rename her and pull one of George's favorite tricks: Let's edit Clone Wars to change Barriss' model into someone else entirely so this whole thing makes sense. :p

07jonesj likes this.
  22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I can't wait for Filoni's commentary.

Quirkiness101 likes this.
  23. Knight3440

Sep 29, 2012
    Maybe she did go to Yoda with what she saw, but Jedi council decided not act upon it.

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    And they'll never show that, am I right?

25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Then that is the job of the script to tell us. If come next week that's not mentioned then I'm going to stick to my theory, a writing team that needs the heave-ho.

07jonesj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.