main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW S5E19 commentary thread (Spoiler alert) Gee thanks!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bliss000, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Well yeah, that would have been infinitely preferable. However seeing as that's clearly not going to happen, it might make this coming episode more enjoyable if you dwell less on the culprit and more on their impact.
    My $0.02

Togruta and Seerow like this.
  2. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Y'all are wrong!

It's been Padme this entire time!

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    There is zero chance I'm going to enjoy the resolution to this arc. I have no interest in lying to myself by saying they have some magic fix in the works.

4. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Touche'

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That actually would have been better. She could have gotten pissed off at the Council for ****ing with Anakin's emotions during the Hardeen arc. "Oh so you want to bury a Jedi, huh? How about burying several?"

Sadly I'm only half-joking here, that's how absurd this whole scenario is.

I've decided my review next week will need to be MST style; if I have to do a serious review, you all won't be able to read it unless you're fluent in Starred-Out Obscenity.

6. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    It would've been much more effective to actually have it as a political attack- it would justify the entire "remove the Jedi from the war" idea because they were so desperate to get involved with the investigation. This may not make sense, does it need to?

I'm personally doing my review in Swedish. You ask why? I say why not? With that logic I'm certain I'm a TCW writer

7. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
    -Henry Ford

07jonesj likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    "You can type this **** George, but you certainly can't say it."
    -Harrison Ford

:p

9. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    “Vision without execution is just hallucination.”
    -Henry Ford

10. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    I honestly can't stand the constant bashing of Dave Filoni for every mistake the series makes, or the strange insistence that he has some bias towards Ahsoka.

Believe it or not, there is a large team of people working on this show. There are about eight regular writers that have just as much say in these storylines, and from what we've gathered, Lucas is behind a fair amount of the creative decisions for this show.

Simply, slapping Filoni's name on every complaint for the series shows nothing other than a lack of understanding for how the production for the show works. There is a vast creative process, that Filoni oversees but doesn't create.

As for Ahsoka, hasn't it been confirmed that she is George's creation?

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    KeltheDor That tends to happen when you're the public face of the project. Fact is, we don't really know exactly who decided to screw up Barriss Offee, but since Filoni has filmed an implicitly provocative (whether intentional or not) commentary, he's going to be the one who gets flack.

12. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    nah, Filoni keeps cool. Dave gets honored when we give him all the fault. Even if there is Lucas running around. :p

Its all YOUR FAULT, Dave! [face_clown][:D]

13. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm enjoying the series immensely.

14. Quirkiness101

Jan 9, 2013
    So am I, I apologize for over generalizing. Let me rephrase that by saying that nobody who is currently mad about Barriss's involvement is going to be satisfied :)

15. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    "Seriously, by now it should've been obvious. I can't believe there are half-wits out there who can't put two and two together." -Barriss Offee

16. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013

Me and original season 6 discussion thread also enjoying over here. Thats make the three of us.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sadly that's probably accurate.

But Filoni doesn't care.

07jonesj likes this.
  18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Same here.

TCW has rejuvenated my love for Star Wars. I hope the show lasts a while more.

19. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    I agree I'm dying to happen next week in fact when Friday night comes around I'm going to be stalking these wait for spoilers to show up cause I'm an spoiler addict when I see an spoiler tag I can't resist opening it.

20. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Oh please can't you accept that
    Randy lost weight and muscle.

Paparazzo likes this.
  21. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    'Yeah, so we basically ****** up Maul, Ventress, Mandalore, Ryloth, Boba, Even, Adi, Gardulla, Aurra and Barriss. But, ya know, you just gotta accept it man'.

Do I ****.

mnjedi, Paparazzo, Chewgumma and 2 others like this.
  22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Don't try and imply that this was an inevitable situation for Barriss, the direction she was heading. You devised this situation, with full knowledge that this doesn't fit with previous continuity, or the character at all. She's a Jedi against violence, a healer.

WTF.

23. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I expect there'll be a reason to it, forced, controlled, tricked somehow.
    I'd like to think Filoni isn't that stupid to go and say that if it's as black and white as that sounds.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    What I noticed about the commentary (not sure if this has already been brought up cuz I'm avoiding most of the forum) is that Filoni has on the same hat and is sitting in front of the same screenshot of Lawless of every commentary of this arc. So the commentaries were all recorded at the same time well in advance of this arc showing which means that Filoni saw that the culprit was going to be blatantly obvious by the time Catch a Jedi aired?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.