main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season 1: Best Villain

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 29, 2009.

?

TCW Season 1: Best Villain

Poll closed Apr 29, 2009.
  1. Count Dooku (several episodes)

5.7%
  2. General Grievous (several episodes)

9.0%
  3. Asajj Ventress (several episodes)

13.9%
  4. Cad Bane (Hostage Crisis)

36.9%
  5. Dr. Nuvo Vindi (Blue Shadow Virus)

4.9%
  6. Commando Droids (Rookies)

3.3%
  7. Lok "Sulu" Durd (Defenders of Peace)

4.9%
  8. Captain Hondo Ohnaka (Dooku Captured)

2.5%
  9. Slick (The Hidden Enemy)

1.6%
  10. Captain Mar Tuuk (Storm Over Ryloth)

17.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Cad Bane, definitely. He's more sinister than any of the others. He's just got a cooler persona about him.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, the 2nd episode dealing with Vindi (Mystery of a 1000 Moons) was pretty good, and the Ryloth Trilogy and Hostage Crisis (last 4 episodes of the season) were some of the best of Season 1, so you're missing out if don't give 'em a shot. :)

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Gunray, Gunray, Gunray!!!

4. DeadOrAlive

DeadOrAlive Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2009
    Yeah, I know. I'll give it another shot, it's just that hee was just so goofy and over the top that it made me wonder if they were even taking the series seriously anymore.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Great to hear that. I assure you, Innocents of Ryloth would probably be the best indicator that they ARE taking this seriously. Maybe not serious-dark, but serious in terms of thrills and character development. XD

6. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    The Bane beats them all.[face_peace]

7. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I chose Cad Bane. He was very cool. I loved the way he was introduced, and how he acted. Very cool.

8. Green_Blade

Green_Blade Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2006
    I really like Bane.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Considering Bane was 100% a Lucas idea, perhaps he's not as senile as "we" thought. [face_thinking]

10. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Welcome back, Garth! Also, it appears Bane wins by a landslide. I still think they should have had a Kel Dorian mix of Cad Bane and Nuvo Vindi, though. XD

And, as various others might have suggested, it'd be great to see 'fan favourites' who are 'captured' team up in a jail-break episode, perhaps working in conjunction with General Grievous and Ventress. Then again, I think that leaves us with only Whorm Loathsom and Lok Duurd Takei...

11. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    I think Count Dooku is the best villain in The Clone Wars. :) He's smart, very powerful, always cool and in control, no matter what the situation, in command of much of the separatist battle strategy, and always seems to have some clever plot up his sleeve to foil the Jedi's efforts. :)

12. Yehann

Yehann Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    Cad Bane for sure. Most of the other villains we've seen plenty of times before and Bane made a great intro at the end of Season 1. He makes a pretty cool new bounty hunter, reminiscent of outlaws of the old west. He just has the mean face of the Duros and those red eyes are menacing. The voice is equally dark. Overall great new villain and can't wait for him in Season 2.

13. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I thought Mar Tuuk was an awesome character like Hondo(who shoudn't be on this list). His so-sure of himself atitude made him the kind of character this series needs. I'm glad they scraped his death and left a possibility that he will be in season 2.

14. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Bane's great. His one appearance outshined every other villain.

15. Corvus_Corax

Corvus_Corax Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2009
    None of those "villains" are worthy enough to share a poll with Asajj Ventress. She wouldn't have hesitated to kill Obi-Wan and Anakin in The Gungan General.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I know he's absent from the list, but I really enjoyed Chairman Cho.
    He wasn't all too gimmicky. His design, which reminded me a bit of Tarkin, his voice and his mannerism were all very fitting. Great work by all artist involved in breathing life into him.

Oh and Nuvo Vindi was a fun pulp villain. The Nazi Scientist/ Himmler/ Toth design they gave him was very fitting and Michael York did a nice job doing his voice.

Hondo was also a cool character. Funny lines through funny line reading, good animation and a nice design.

17. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Huh? None of the villains but Hondo and his pirates would hesitate to kill Obi-wan and Anakin. Hondo shouldn't be on this list! He is hardly a villain. He's a scum with an awesome personality. :D

Dooku couldn't kill Obi and Ani cuz he would have had to drag their dead bodies.

18. Corvus_Corax

Sep 17, 2009
    ^ Ventress wouldn't have cared about dragging dead bodies. She probably would have gnawed their arms off to get the binders off.

19. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Yeah, she would've attempted to kill them and gotten her butt kicked. ;)

The thing with Dooku's threat? He wasn't joking.

20. Corvus_Corax

Sep 17, 2009
    They were drugged and unconscious. I think she could have killed one if not both of them.

21. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    I believe they meant when they were conscious, as in awake. Either villain could probably take a drugged and unconscious character, but Dooku just seems more likely to be able to kill them (or even just one of them) when they're ready and awake. Then again, it's an old man and a spindly looking female against two men in the prime of their lives, so it's a tough call. XD

22. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Koonfan, you just reminded me that this series needs a 20-30 aged male villain that weilds a lightsaber. I guess that is where a character like Sora Bulq comes in. Is it just me or would Sora Bulq be awesome with a Clancy Brown voice?

23. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Anybody'd be awesome with a Clancy Brown voice. But yes, I'd like to see him, too. :p
    It WOULD be great to see Sora Bulq in the series, but then again, we don't necessarily need young lightsaber wielding villains, just enough competent ones to switch around now and then. ;)

24. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    True to all that!

Clancy Brown needs to voice a villain in this series. I also want to see a villain voiced by Steven Blum (Zabuza! Heatblast!) as well. :D

25. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Yes, Steven Blum, who coincidentally, is also Orochimaru and Wolverine, but I digress. :p
    I think that I actually have a 'list of voice actors you'd want to see' topic, so voice actor discussion should go there, I imagine. At any rate, this SHOULD be about appreciating villains or discussing villains. Then again, news is so slow that until the season airs in two weeks or so, we're pretty much stuck discussing any old thing. [face_laugh]

EDIT: Well, made a quick search, apparently that voice actor's thread is locked. Ah well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.