main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season 1: Best Villain

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 29, 2009.

?

TCW Season 1: Best Villain

Poll closed Apr 29, 2009.
  1. Count Dooku (several episodes)

5.7%
  2. General Grievous (several episodes)

9.0%
  3. Asajj Ventress (several episodes)

13.9%
  4. Cad Bane (Hostage Crisis)

36.9%
  5. Dr. Nuvo Vindi (Blue Shadow Virus)

4.9%
  6. Commando Droids (Rookies)

3.3%
  7. Lok "Sulu" Durd (Defenders of Peace)

4.9%
  8. Captain Hondo Ohnaka (Dooku Captured)

2.5%
  9. Slick (The Hidden Enemy)

1.6%
  10. Captain Mar Tuuk (Storm Over Ryloth)

17.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Dang. And here I was thinking, "what an awesome thread that would be".

Oh well, I'm done with that. Anyway, I still say Mar Tuuk deserves more credit. I've looked in the new Visual Guide and there is nothing on him. Its actually really sad.

2. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    After taking the character developement, level of evil intention and actual cruelty delivered
    into consideration for all of the villains offered, I've decided to vote for ASAJJ VENTRESS because
    she has the meanest *** on the entire show.

3. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    And he also voices one of the coolest, most awesome bounty hunters in the galaxy. ;)

EDIT: Oops, I wanna stay on topic.

I do think Ventress is a great villain and I hope we see more of her in season 2. She hasn't been in any of the teasers or TV spots, so I'm hoping that when she does reappear in season 2, it'll be a huge surprise filled with terror, butt kicking and playful banter with her favorite bearded Jedi. ;)

4. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    I would love to see an episode where Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress swapped
    more dialogue. They really have a knack for getting under each other's skins.
    If they were put in a situation where they couldn't kill each other for five
    minutes, I wonder what they would say?

5. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I thought the dialogue between them was aweful. The "Hairless Harpy" insult was good but then they lost me when they started mentioning cookies and merciful deaths. They have an entertaining rivalry though, where the little girl is trying to progress against evil bigger girl. Its like High-school drama.

Its funny how people are liking Ventress so suddenly before the start of season that doesn't really star her. Is that what is bringing out the Ventress fans. o_O

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I picked Lok Durd, mostly because he was voiced by Sulu. Looking forward to his role in Karen Miller's novel

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I voted Captain Mar Tuuk. He seemed like the most competent Separatist military leader thus far. Even though he died he at least tried to use strategy to defeat Anakin rather than acting overconfident and acting on sadistic impulses like Grievous.

Bane too is also a heavy favorite of mine, but Mar Tuuk satisfied my desire to see someone on the Separatist side that seemed perfectly competent in their position rather than the other sniveling Neimodians in TPM.

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Good news there, Mar Tuuk actually survived! The creators liked him so much that they wrote him into an escape pod!

Now, granted, the state of Star Wars characters that are 'deposited' is a sort of limbo (I mean look at Quinlan Vos or Zao!), but it's always nice to know that out there, somewhere, those villains are waiting for a storyline to make them active again. Lok Duurd, Wat Tambor and Whorm Loathsom are stuck in a jail cell somewhere, while Mar Tuuk was probably picked up in his escape pod.

By the looks of things, season 2 will be providing more actively 'badass' villains more in the vein of Cad Bane, who are prepared to get hands on. :D

9. Darth_Nihl

Darth_Nihl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2008
    Robonino. Seriously. His electrocuting Anakin was the best moment of season 1.

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Gotta go with Ventress...evil and naughty...os so naughty. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.