main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season 1 DVD & Blu-Ray Pre-Release Thread (update - November 3rd!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brisi_Wine

Brisi_Wine Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2009
    The set looks like its a similar "book" case format, much like the Amadeus set on blu ray. Looks amazing.

2. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    This comes out the same day as GI Joe Resolute and Rise of Cobra...

I am gonna be soooooooo broke-- but happy!!!

3. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    For me, this comes out on the same day as The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition and SW: Battlefront ELite Squadron. I'M gonna be broke, haha. [face_laugh]

4. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    The people at the movie store I buy DVDs asked me if I wanted to reserve the Star Trek movie(which comes out Nov. 10th.) I told them I needed to save my money to buy the CW box set.:p (Although I do want to get the ST movie too.)

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I thought it was the 17th. Has it been moved up?

6. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I thought it said the 10th....I could be wrong though

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Only on November, 16 through Amazon.co.uk. [face_frustrated]

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/dvd/news20091023/index.html

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/theclonewars/dvd/news20091023/tcwboxset_bdimg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/theclonewars/dvd/news20091023/tcwboxset_dvdimg.jpg]

:D

9. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Will be interesting to see what kind of extra footage 7 of the episodes contain. I think it's a great idea as it gives extra incentive for people to make the purchase to see stuff they didn't see before.:)

10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    DVDs are only released on Mondays in the UK, and the nearest Monday to the 16th is the 19th. My guess is that Amazon have got the release date wrong, like they did with Deathtroopers (It listed the release date as November the 7th at one point before being released a couple of weeks ago) and the release date still November the 2nd like it was listed on Starwars.com.

11. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Does anyone know about any freebies/ incentives stores are giving away with a purchase? I'm guessing nobody's doing anything, since it's only a TV show, and I imagine we would have heard about it by now.

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Bleh. I still haven't seen the deleted scenes from the movie. Simply wasn't released over here. Only the vanilla dvd. :mad:

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Listen kids, this is what happens when you do Math in your head. You just get it wrong![face_plain]

I checked the callender and the 16th is a Monday this year.:oops: Oh goodey another half a month to wait.:mad:

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You're not missing much.

15. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    The first review of the blu-ray set is up and theres no mention of commentaries,so looks like there wont be any at all.

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/The-Clone-Wars-The-Complete-Season-One-Blu-ray.shtml

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Interesting. 7 episodes are presented in director's (extended) cuts but they don't have the original versions? Bizarre.

17. Brisi_Wine

Jan 4, 2009
    Got an advance copy today. I'll check it out and get back to you all with the details! So far, all can say is that the package is gorgeous and is in perfect book blu ray format.

18. Brisi_Wine

Jan 4, 2009

Just started checking out the set. It looks like theres an in picture commentary for each episode.

So far Ive only watched Ambush, and it looks FRIGGIN GREAT on blu ray.

On a side note, I have to say that Ambush is a truly great episode.

Yes, it contains some of the more sophomoric droid humor, but what sets it apart for me is the use of the original John Williams score. If I had one wish for this show, it would be for it to use those themes more often.

Will post more tomorrow regarding special features and so forth.

-Master Wine

19. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Excluding those horrible, non-anamorphic original trilogy bonus discs that came out a few years ago, none of the feature films are presented in their original versions on DVD so it shouldn't be a surprise. I believe they originally thought the episodes would be longer until 22 minutes was settled on so this was likely a factor. Plus I'm sure they need to really cut the stories down to fit that time frame so I welcome any extended version and I highly doubt anyone will miss the broadcast versions.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Oh, I personally don't really care, it's more of a complete-ist thing.

I mean, they include trailers for films on the DVDs for the films, which I always found strange. [face_laugh]

21. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Does anyone know if there are any exclusive packagings or bonus discs or anything from any retailer?

22. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Only a few more days till TCW season 1 [face_dancing]

23. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I can't wait! I really want to see the extended episodes.

24. Avian005

Avian005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2009
    Four...more...days...

I'm getting it on Blu-ray, which will be expensive. :( But worth it. :)

25. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    The Blu Ray is 4 dollars more than the DVD. I think 35 bucks for a 3 disc blu-ray set and 64 page booklet is a pretty good value. Not to mention that it's Star Wars and worth every penny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.