main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season 2 - Best First Appearance (Established SW Characters)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jun 18, 2010.

?

TCW Season 2 - Best First Appearance (Established SW Characters)

Poll closed Jun 18, 2010.
  1. Ki-Adi Mundi - Landing At Point Rain

25.6%
  2. Barriss Coffee - Weapons Factory

30.8%
  3. Eeth Koth - Grievous Intrigue

17.9%
  4. Adi Gallia - Grievous Intrigue

5.1%
  5. Poggle the Lesser - Senate Spy

2.6%
  6. Mon Mothma - Senate Murders

5.1%
  7. Mas Amedda - Duchess of Mandalore

5.1%
  8. Boba Fett - Death Trap

7.7%
  9. Bossk - Artoo Come Home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Okay, time for another poll!

This one is for best first appearance in Season 2 by an already-established Star Wars character.

I *think* I've got everybody from this season.

REMEMBER TO CAREFULLY SELECT YOUR VOTE! THE VOTE BUTTON IS NOT EXACTLY LINED UP WITH EACH LISTED CHARACTER!!!

2. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Even though Barriss is overall my favorite of the established characters to appear this season, because of her relationship with Ahsoka, Eeth Koth definitely had the best entrance.:cool:

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I had to go with Barriss. She was easily the most interesting of the choices and provided a contrast to Ahsoka's character. Runners up are Poggle the Lesser for being a good villain and Mas Amedda for his great performance as Palpatines shadowy aid. [face_devil]

4. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Went with Ki-Adi-Mundi, I really enjoyed him when he was on screen. I hope we see a lot more of him.

5. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I liked Barriss the best, since I've always enjoyed her in the EU.

(but, er, I think there's a slight misspelling with her last name, although I'm not sure if that's intentional or not...)

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Even though his voice could have been better, I did enjoy Ki-Adi-Mundi's presence.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Eeth Koth. His episode has the best first part of all the season.

8. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I will have to go with Barriss, even though Eeth's was great as well.

9. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    my backpack's got jets....

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I have to go with Barriss. They've crafted quite an interesting character that has a great chemistry with Ahsoka. At first I was afraid she was just ggoing to be the "annoying by-the-book sidekick", but thankfully she turned out to be much more than that. She also benefited from appearing in a number of close episodes, being introduced in Weapons Factory, having a brief appearance in Legacy of Terror that helps tie the continuity, starring with some powerful moments in Brain Invaders, and even having a cameo that solidifies her presence alongise Ahsoka in Grievous Intrigue. This continuous use of the character really helped solidify it in the universe (unlike most other new character than simply show up and then drop off the face of the universe).

11. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I voted for Boba. Had it not been for the talk about him appearing ahead of time, I think his reveal would've been better to watch, more surprising. And I liked him sneaking aboard and pretending to be a clone cadet.

I kind of wanted to vote for Adi Gallia though. She was pretty cool. Barriss brought a bit more to Ahsoka, but something about her is a little annoying. Maybe her voice.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Boba Fett would be my second choice. I really liked how they portrayed him. It would have been so wasy for them to give in to fanboyism and make him this AWESOME KICK-ASS BOUNTY HUNTER, when he's in fact just a small bitter kid lost in the galaxy. As it is they still made him capable enough for us to see why he eventually becomes the best in the business, but they made the character itself quite richer. If only Artoo Come Home hadn't been such a criminal waste of time, maybe we could have really seen this character shine as well as he deserved.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I guess I'm the only one that hated Death Trap and Artoo Come Home.

All we learned from TCW about Boba Fett was already condensed into Lethal Trackdown.

14. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    This was tough, but I chose Eeth Koth. I knew nothing about the character but now he is one of my favs.

Second has to be Mas Amedda being that he is this inner-snobby jerk. Gotta love those characters. :D

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah mang, plus Mas Amedda in TCW is even better than in the PT.[face_devil]

16. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
  17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Barriss gets my vote, but Boba is a close call , as I share Gry's reasons on why I liked his portrayal.

Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth and Ki-Adi-Mundi may have only gotten bit roles in comparison, but they were pretty sweet, too.

And who can go wrong with Mas Ammedda? I just hope we see more of a Big Ham. [face_laugh]

18. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I would like to vote for Barriss Offee, but she's not on the list. :p So I went with Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Wished more was done with Bossk when he debuted.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm going to go with Eeth Ko... hey, wait a second now... how did... [face_thinking]:p

20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Voted for Barriss. Her deference to her master contrasts with Ahsoka's defiance. Also, Barriss's skills are highlighted by Luminara unlike Ahsoka self-proclaiming her own abilities.

21. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

I've gotten used to the poll system, but at what point is it going to be changed? Because, despite the warnings below it, I still hear a lot of people saying they voted wrong.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Probably when the forum moves.

23. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I didn't know you were in the show. Why didn't you say something?........such modesty:p

Also did Jocasta Nu appear in Season 1? I can't remember, but she might qualify for the list. Not that anyone will vote for her anyway.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    And there I thought I was the only one who noticed Barriss COffee.

Someone must edited those files. Dangerous and disturbing this mystery is. Barriss_Coffee, I'll be keeping an eye on you.:p

25. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Eeth completely blew away my expectations. He really stood out. Ki-adi came off like Plo's boring cousin. Boba was pretty good, close second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.