main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Season 2 Retrospective Thread (np: S02E20-22 The Boba Fett Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Karina the Great is an epic fail.

To quote Calculon "That was so bad, I think you gave me cancer." :p

2. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Seconding the suckitude of Karina. Why oh why did she speak Basic? Hell, it makes more sense for Poggle to speak basic that her. Can you imagine how cool it would have been for her to speak Geonosian but in a huge booming voice that echoed through the caverns? They could have just taken some snippets of Poggle dialogue and processed them.

I agree, epic FAIL

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Ugh, the name. Why would they use a real-world name for her?!

I know a girl named Karina, and ever since seeing this episode I can't help but giggle every time I hear her name. [face_whistling]

4. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll go against the masses here and say I didn't hate Karina. I think the voice was kinda funny, and it probably would've made more sense if she spoke Geonosian, but it isn't a big deal to me that she spoke Basic. It seems like she was a character intended to be ridiculous in a Ziro kind of way. I just didn't mind her much.

Anyway, it was an OK episode. Most memorable moment is probably Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Luminara debating what to do about the zombies and worms.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    It doesn't jump out at me exactly, but I thought this was a great episode. Good dialogue between the Jedi, great visuals, and they actually made zombies work in a Star Wars cartoon. :p

Karina's an interesting concept, but I guess her voice just didn't work well, especially since the other Geonosians don't speak Basic.

6. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I just want to take this opportunity to say that I like Jar Jar, Ziro, Dexter Jettster, Jake Lloyd, and Hayden Christensen... but Karina was beyond the pale even for me. :D

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I really liked the sandstorm effects in this episode with the battle-droids breaking down and Luminara pursueing them on her speeder.
    Zombie-Geonosians were great.
    Luminara being too easily overpowered by them was not great.

8. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    The first two acts were very good. Good-lighting and suspense. The third act was a letdown however, although it did have some funny dialogue. Katrina was horrible though. Overall I didn?t hate this episode, the only episode I truly hated was Senate Murders, but we?ll get to that soon enough.

I rate 5 out of 10

9. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    I liked this episode since we see Ghost Company again. I think it was good to add Buzz and Luminara to get captured, although Buzz was killed. Queen Karina, really? A giant, ball-sac queen with poggle the Lesser? I only liked this episode mostly because it connects to Brain Invaders.

10. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    LOVED this episode. I'm not a zombie fan, but for some reason, this episode really worked for me.

11. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    I always thought this would be the last episode, but at the end, I knew there was another episode of Geonosis coming.

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    When I compare the last two Geonosis episodes with this one, this one ranks least favorite, in my opinion. One of the things that bothered me throughout season two was the non-stop homages to other films. It was not original, less creative, and it seemed the TCW writers had a difficult time trying to write a decent episode. The idea of this "brain worm" idea was very odd. I did not enjoy seeing these "brain wormed" infected Geonosians, and the Queen was very laughable. However, I did enjoy seeing Obi-Wan with Anakin again and Cody.

I'm glad they shipped the Hannah Montana team (yes, Ahsoka and Barris) away, left Rex out of the picture, and just focused on Obi-Wan and Anakin. Their interactions with one and another was pretty adequate and much, much better than what was seen in previous Obi-Wan and Anakin stories. I like Cody more than Rex. But we know these characters, including the captured Luminara, are going to make it through and escape somehow. Their was tension, however, and no life-threatening, cringe-worthy moments, which made that whole idea of Luminara got captured by Poggle and his buddies worked a bit. Visually, it was better than the previous two episodes. The sandstorm idea was good, and we have seen sand flying before (in the TCW film), so we know they could accomplish rendering a major sandstorm.

I still have problems with Ki-Adi-Mundi in TCW. Like in Landing at Point Rain, he did not have much of a significance in this episode. He was just "there" since we had not seen him in Weapons Factory, since him and Obi-Wan were recuperating in separate bacta tanks. The storyline itself could have been a little better; particularly setting up why Poggle was going to visit the Queen, perhaps. But overall it was enjoyable to watch than Weapons Factory, but I have to rank this episode has my least favorite episode in the Geonosis story arc. Mainly the homage to Aliens threw me off quite a bit.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Let's move on to Brain Invaders.

I know me, GG and others dreaded this episode; not only did it have the Mouseketeers as the main characters, it continued the story of the Geonosian worms and threatened some terrible zombie-homage action.

However, this episode is probably in my top 5 of the season.

The Ahsoka/Barriss team worked extremely well, the animation was great, and we got to see badass Anakin force choke Poggle!

I'm still not really sure about the worms - I thought they were under the control of Karina the Great, so how would they be effective in space?

14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I watched this episode few days ago and begun to think about the worms. When infested clones capture Barriss, one of them says "If there's one thing we clones know, it's how to stop a Jedi". So, I made a path of pondering, which begins from a question What do the worms actually want? Karina propably used them with her über-mind powers, but now she's dead, do they just want to reproduce and multiply themselves? That's what simple biology would suggest. They surely have room and organs for just as much big thinking as earth worms. So my humble theory: They just go into someone's head, turn "make us room to reproduce and fulfill the lands"-switch on and let the infested one do what needs to be done so worms can populate. The infested would not feel like he's doing anything wrong, he just has a desire to shoot around and infest other people.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Brain Invaders was a lagluster for me. It took off right after the events of Legacy of Terror, with the whole captured Poggle story (ugh, another Separatist Leader arrested) and then Anakin and Luminara shipped Ahsoka and Barris away to go deliver supplies to Kit Fisto. From the get-go, it lagged completely. I did not understand why they had to show Ahsoka and Barris sleeping, Ahsoka and Barris sitting down and enjoying a meal together. I did not get that whole aspect of the episode. Even though it's nice to see Ahsoka maturing a little, I did not like how it slowed down the episode right until those clones began to mindlessly attack the two in that mess hall they were in.

The clones in particular were strange. I know I say that a lot, but we have never heard of "Tango squad" before, nor were they featured in the past three Geonosis episode. They just randomly appeared sleeping in the beginning of the episode. Seeing the brain worms again was a bleh moment. Here we go again with the "brain wormed" controlled being. Contrary to some belief, I saw no precursor to Order 66 in this episode. Clone troopers were never trained to kill Jedi, from what I can understand and read from sourcebooks. So that line "If there's something us clones know, it's how to kill a Jedi" or something was laughable. I don't know...these clones acted as if they were high or "on something" rather then being controlled by a brain worm.

Ahsoka dueling Barris had some good fluid movements. The animation for lightsaber duels improved, but... I hate it when a lighsaber duelist in TCW has to run away during a lightsaber duel. Ahsoka was constantly running away. I think it's because they cannot show a straight-forward lightsaber duel yet. Perhaps they are trying, but cannot get it down right. For me, I don't think we're going to see a Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan vs Maul duel in the series. Maybe we might, maybe we aren't. Even the Obi-Wan vs Pre Visla duel in Mandalore Plot was a huge let down.

Overall, was a very bleh episode. Now, after this episode, we all had a chance to relax for four weeks until Grievous Intrigue came about. :p

16. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    This episode lacked a little bit. The "brain-worm in space" theme seemed like some sort of poor homage to an old sci-fi style and theme. The clone troopers dialogue was lame, the clone troopers speaking Geonosian was confusing, because like mentioned by others, who's controlling them? The Ahsoka-Bariss conversation of what a Jedi's duty is was an alright moment. And I did like the Anakin choking Poggle scene, only because we actually see Anakin give in the the Darkside for a short time. Not my favourite episode, but still better than Senate Spy, if that means anything.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    One more thing:
    DON'T
    PUT
    IT
    IN YOUR NOSE

:oops:

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    When I first saw the title of this episode: Brain Invaders, my expectations weren't too high. I figured it would be some cheesy knockoff of that old Star Trek ear worm episode. I was quite surprised at how well they executed the suspense and horror in this episode. The sinister Barriss Offee easily steals the show.
    10/10

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You're not 8 years old anymore, GG. ;)

BTW, what are your top 5 episodes for S2?

I'm guessing: Cargo of Doom, Grievous Intrigue, The Deserter, Voyage of Temptation, and Lethal Trackdown?

20. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Kit Fisto.......

This was his last episode appearance thus far...

:(

Well, I'm glad that Filoni and team didn't forget him! :D

21. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    Out of the five episodes that made up the Geonosis battle, this one was my second favorite. Good animation and we see the Jedi regroup. I ike the protocol droid that interrogates Poggle and how it has those markings. I also like how Tango Company looks, escpically Ox, Edge, Trap, and Sychte. Watch it now on Star Wars.com!

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I almost hate Brain Invaders. In fact, I hate the whole brain worms idea.

Anyway, I was watching it the other day, and noticed that Bariss talks about Mace saying the Jedi were keepers of the peace, not warriors (soldiers). I started thinking how did she knew it if there were only 3/4 Jedi Masters in the room. Turns out I forgot she was with Luminara at that moment in Palpatine's office too. Interesting dialogue, I would never remember that.

23. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    Why hate the worms?

I just hate how the clones roll their eyes back as the worm slithers in its mouth or nose.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why not?

25. cadbanerocks21

Jul 26, 2010
    They may look disgusting but it is like a regular worm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.