main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Season 2 Retrospective Thread (np: S02E20-22 The Boba Fett Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I agree with Alexrd, better than Senate Spy.
    The cliche detective, the plot, the overall episode wasn't great. It wasn't as good as it should have or could have been. What was up with the late night set-up of Padme. This episode seemed to be one big cliche. Also, who couldn't see from the start who was Farr's murderer, although if I recall correctly didn't she pick up a cup too? Anyway, this episode is just one cliche after another.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I couldn't.

3. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    You couldn't tell by the way she acted?

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. I dare to say they've done it well enough.

5. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I do have some training in detective work, so I might just see it because of that.

6. fett51

fett51 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2008
    I picked up on her lack of drinking as well. I don't recall anything other than that though.

As for the episode, as much as I appreciated the various digs at the Bush administration and the introduction of Mon Mothma, this was a very flat episode. Actually would've preferred more of a political angle - I'd rather they'd have gone all out on the military industrial complex corrupting the government than get stuck with a fairly tired murder plot - particularly so after last episode's superior effort in both the assassination and political departments.

Also would be nice to see Senator Chuchi at a few of these peace meetings - particularly as her voice actress was back as Lolo this episode.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This was an okay episode for me. A little better than the trainwreck that was Senate Spy, but still not anywhere near top-notch. Padme was annoying as usual, but not as much as previous episodes. She actually had a reason to get involved.

Divo was an okay character for this episode, but I hope we don't see him again. Some of his lines were good, but overall his character was hit-and-miss throughout the episode. Halle Burtoni was an awsome character, especially her model. Mee Deechi was a pretty blatant Dracula ripoff, and I was pretty happy when he died. :p

The plot was predictable. I knew it was Lolo the minute she said Halle "jumped" her. And speaking of bad performances, Farr's death
    scene made me burst out laughing. Luckily, that was made up for by the great funeral scene, where for the first time since Season 1, the music blew me away.

6.5/10 for me.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Space Dracula. Thats about as good as this episode got.

Altogether rather boring. After the complex conspiracy plot of the previous episode, this one had next to no political action. It was just rather dull.

I will say though that the animation team did a really good job on the docks sequence, with all the floodlights going around.

9. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Liked seeing the first steps in the formation of the Rebel Alliance, though

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Ugh, Senate Murders. :oops:

There's my review. :p

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Then tell me what gave her away at the beginning of the episode. Because there's nothing in her behaviour that can tell you that.

But everybody took a drink. The only one that has drunk it was Farr.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Did anyone else get a Scooby-Dooish feeling from this episode: Senate Murders? While not the most exciting or entertaining of episodes, I liked Tom Kenny's work with Lt. Tan Divo. "I'll handle the inspecting and you can stick to the ... Senating."

13. apotampkin

apotampkin Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 15, 2010
    Divo: Politicians always have something to hide and it always comes back to haunt them, am I right?
    *pan to room full of politicians*

Yeah, that cracked me up :p

I'll give this episode a 7/10.

ETA: I liked it when Bail said he felt out of his element and Padmé remarked he had mentioned it once... or twice. It was quite charming delivery.

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Not the best episode, but I liked some of the things they tried.

1. Tom Kenny wows me in his roles, and Lt. Tan Divo is no exception. [face_laugh]
    2. Bail Organa has a manly shriek of terror. 'nuff said.
    3. Padme's handling this investigation, which is still a little annoying, but here there are a couple of good things working in her favour: Firstly, Tan Divo is definitely annoyed that she is meddling for a change, and secondly, she actually has a reason to go off and play the heroine in this situation.

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    "I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you darned kids!" [face_laugh]

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I've seen the episode again, and she doesn't stand out above anyone. Only near the end when she went out of the room and came back saying she was attacked.

18. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I didn't pick her before that overacted "Oh, the only other suspect just attacked me without anyone seeing!"
    But it was nice touch to have her motive been Farr's deeds in Bombad Jedi. Good purposes doesn't mean anything to this lady.

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

It just must have been me then. It seemed so obvious though.

20. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    An alright episode.

Kaminoan Senator : ?Imagine that. Amidala's actually making sense for once in her life."

Hope we see Halle Burtoni in the future...she's interesting.

"Politicians always have something to hide, and it always comes back to haunt them, am I right? Oh, look who I'm asking. Room full of politicians."

I'll handle the inspecting and you can stick to the ... Senating."

Love Tom Kenny![face_love]

This was Padmé's most solid episode in the Season despite 2 MAJOR mishaps.

A solid 7/10 at best.

Afterthought: Did Lolo try to frame Padmé with Senator Farr's murder? The drink was Nubian.[face_devil] ...[face_thinking]

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I know I'm burning through these, but not long before Season 3 will occupy our attention!

Onto Cat and Mouse!

Kind of a pointless episode overall, I was already tired of the Christophsis arc in The Hidden Enemy.

Bail saying "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi" was one of the lamer OT references TCW has made.

Admiral Trench was interesting, mostly for the role of Yularen in this.

And cloaking device, I guess that works okay.

Kinda wish Anakin wouldn't be right all the time; the message of this show is that it's okay to disobey direct orders from your superiors as long as you're really, really talented.

Don't really have more to say.

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I actually skipped this episode when it aired and watched it in mid-July. I guess the prequel to the prequel idea, this Trench, and seeing Christophsis again in the middle of season two made me stay away.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As much as I like Christophsis, I didn't like this episode too much. I'de rather see the space battle that happens at the beginning of TCW movie.

Lamer? I thought it was great.

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    You didn't miss much.

I thought Season 2 was far and away better than most of S1 from Holocron Heist to The Duchess of Mandalore, but for whatever reason (me or S2 or both), from Senate Murders on, I generally didn't enjoy myself.

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I'm a little mixed on Trench. It seems cool because of his ruthless nature, but lame because of his ruthless nature. Grievous usually covers the ruthlessness so it's been done. It was nice to see a bit of a background of Yularen. But mostly the only thing in this episode that I liked was the cloaked ship. Although it did seem lame at the same time, I don't think I liked this episode a lot. It was okay, but not great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.