TCW Season 2 Retrospective Thread (np: S02E20-22 The Boba Fett Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garth Maul, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Master

star 3
    Well that's one of the inherent weaknesses of the whole show. There are way too many things that simply cannot happen (characters deaths, anything that could mess with future continuity...etc...)

I think the show holds up well and is pretty entertaining despite it's strict limitations. I pretty much agree with you guys though. I didn't hate the Boba trilogy but it wasn't among my favorite episodes either.
  2. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cause I'm bored, I'm rewatching Season 2 one episode at a time. I haven't watched ANY Clone Wars since Lethal Trackdown, and now that some time has passed, I'm trying to see where I'm at with the individual episodes.

Just watched: S02E01: Holocron Heist

You know, I'm pretty sure I heavily criticized this episode for some of the inconsistencies with the actual heist, but it was actually a pretty solid episode, definitely a cut above most of S1.

We get the awesome scene of Bane's apartment or whatever with TODO and Cato coming in, plus a guest appearance by Sidious, which is always nice.

The Ahsoka/Cato fight still angers me, because there's no way Cato should be able to last that long against Ahsoka - don't forget, it wasn't Ahsoka's saber skill but her use of the Force that let her capture the shape-shifter.

Also found it pretty hilarious that the Jedi wouldn't think "Hey Dooku used to be a Jedi Master, MAYBE HE COULD USE THE HOLOCRON!!" Wanted to smack Yoda, Ben and Anakin.
  3. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I actually watched Holocron Heist today, too. It truly is a great episode. The Ahsoka/Cato fight doesn't really bother me anymore, considering Cato was taken out quickly by a Padawan. I'd give it a 9.5/10.
  4. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Holocron Heist was fun, because it was the first episode to really show how far The Clone Wars could push with its content.

It contained an implied murder, a suicide bombing, and at the very start, the largest droid army yet seen. The shot of the gunships retreating with the thousands of droids pouring out of the bush underneath is one of my favourite all season long.
  5. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What was the suicide bombing? Todo?
  6. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    Yes
  7. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    On the plus side, it was a pretty cool, acrobatic fight, and particularly noteworthy because it involved an old librarian. ;)

Also, did we ever hear why they call her "Madam Jocasta Nu" or "Madam Librarian", when every other Jedi has been called "Master"?
  8. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    That still troubles me. In the Jedi Apprentice books, and the ROTS video game, they called her Master Nu. That seems more proper than calling her Madame. All female Jedi are referred to as Master.

And, no, that entire Ahsoka vs Cato fight was nonsense. :p
  9. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Yeah, you would the Jedi would be able to see that. At least a room full of them.

Season two was definitely an improvement over season one. "Landing at Point Rain" is proof enough.
  10. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    Landing at Point Rain was a decent episode, but I'd rather they focus more on the writing and characters than having more battles and explosions (and yes, I know that's not all LaPR was).

I have no problem with 'Madame Nu' instead of 'Master Nu'. They're both respectful titles.
  11. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Well not just "Landing at Point Rain," that one just sticks out to me.

Grievous intrigue, the deserter, and cat and mouse are all good episodes as well that show season 2 at it's best.
  12. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    You guys like to go off topic. :p

Yeah, Bane placed a bomb behind him
  13. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Overall, Season 2 was a big improvement over Season 1, except for the second half. It seemed like the season just kept getting better and better, then turned into ripoff after ripoff. And the Boba trilogy was completely wasted, except for Lethal Trackdown. A field trip and Lassie-style story do not belong in a trilogy about Boba Fett!

So, in conclusion, it was a great season if you forget the blatant ripoffs toward the end. :oops:
  14. cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I agree Season 2 was a big improvement over Season 1. We got to see more history of Cad Bane and Aurra Sing. Every episode had a unique sequence, and most of it that was excellent was the Geonosis trilogy. I hope they make more episodes just like that one.
  15. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Actually, I like how the Jedi often do dumb things and screw up. They're powerful, but they are not gods, and they are not perfect.

Also, if they were perfect, people would be complaining about that. :D
  16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Maybe we'll move on to Cargo of Doom tomorrow.[face_thinking]
  17. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    I consider that to be the best episode of season two. :p
  18. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    I liked Landing at Point Rain a little better. Cargo of Doom is probably a close second in my personel favourites.
  19. GreenCompanyRules Jedi Youngling

I think Children of the Force was the best episode Out of all of Season 2, it had the most locations, and it is fun to see Cad Bane planning his moves. I think Cargo of Doom is okay, but Landing at Point Rain is the best episode of the Geonosis triolgy.
  20. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9

Yeah, but Jedi are supposed to perceive things on a totally different level. They could have realised that Dooku could use the Holocron and not taken away from the story. Bane didn't realise it after all, so I don't think it would have affected it that much.
  21. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    That was actually the main problem of the episode; it had way too many locations. Mustafar was not needed at all.
  22. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    The story was okay, overall though it wasn't a favorite because of the planet jumping. Cad Bane's escape was cool, though.

The Deserter was pretty decent. I like how it explored clones (a clone actually) that left the army and had a different reaction to the battle than the others and what not.
  23. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    Perhaps Garth forgot. :p
  24. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Should we start?:confused: I've been looking forward to it. Well, maybe tommorrow.
  25. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Cargo of Doom it is, then!

Certainly my favourite episode of the season!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.