main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season Two Preview (leaked footage) (spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    From TFN Main page:

Article Here

Video here while it's still up

Two things:

(1) OMG Mandalorians!!!!!

(2) OMG zero-G saber fight!!!!

EDIT: It's got no sound and is incredibly bad quality, but looked like some pretty amazing stuff in there. We've seen a bunch of it before dealing with Cad Bane in the preview we've already seen, but the brand new stuff was very impressive.

EDIT: Okay, don't need to black highlight anything. I agree that people should know what they're getting into, and most of the LACWAC crew will likely watch the video.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Suh-weet! The action and adventure looks like it's cranking up!

On a fanboyish note, at about 1.39, if you go reeeeaaaaally slowly, you can get a look at Plo Koon planetside, looking up, and a Jedi Fighter that looks like it's his, just before Anakin has to deal with an airlock.. XD

I wonder who Ahsoka is fighting in that archive room, though. Lightsaber actually looks...blue?

Also, the return of the boarding-pods, yay! More on-the-ship action!

Another neat tidbit, I think I saw a clawdite/shapeshifter at 1.23. Unless we know any other species that can do that. XD

And Obi-Wan fighting on a ship that's in hyperspace? That could get a little tense!

Oh. And at about 1.49, Mace (with Kit Fisto nearby) extends his hand, likely Force Pushing some mother kriffing whatsit in what looks to be a mother kriffing ship. You can also catch a glimpse of Mace and Obi-Wan side by side a little afterwards!

It may not seem like much, but the action and animation looks smoother, and those settings look like they could crank things up! :D

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It looks amazing. Just amazing. Cranked up indeed. I've heard rumors that Season 2 could explain why it's called Clone Wars with a third party entering into the Republic/Separatist conflict. Could it be the Mandalorians? Are we about to experience a game changer that creates a massive story arc and mythology for the show? I certainly hope so.

I think Season 1 was just the tip of the ice berg.

4. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Wait a second...upon inspection of that first moment I mentioned....Plo Koon is PILOTING his ship and evading blaster fire! True, it's probably just a 'get to point B quickly' thing, but if they introduce awesome Starfighter action, he just might get a piece of that pie!

Ice berg's correct. That must mean this series as a whole is a brand new ice age. :D

Also, about your theory/rumor/news/what you'd like to call it, there's actually some basis for that. In the old Republic comic series (Volume 6 for reference), there's a throwaway comment prior to a story arc where Commander Bly reports to Aayla Secura that 'the Mandalorians are in full retreat, but unit strength's down to sixty percent'. Could this be one of the many 'throwaway lines' that they're recycling into awesome stories? If I recall, the production crew said that they often combed the EU for good ideas to explore. :D

5. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Oh.... my.... god....

THAT WAS AWESOME! Even if there wasn't any sound! Looks like we'll be getting more Obi-Wan, and I hope StarWars.com or something puts this up WITH sound.

And Mandalorians! I was like "Woah! SICK!" Maybe we'll see them in the Republic Heroes game, as it is the lead in to this season.

6. Daniel0605

Daniel0605 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2006
    I noticed in the promo for season 2 and in this footage the logo for Clone Wars Season 2 is red with with a black background. It looks like what they did for the ROTS logo so is this hinting that this season will be a lot darker?

7. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    Mando'ade! :eek:

EDIT:
    It would certainly help tie up all the existing EU Clone Wars references.

8. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    That is the awesome:D ...and even though the video was poor quality, I could see the animation looked much better.

9. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Mandalorians? Suddenly I'm afraid that they're going to be used to in season two to introduce some "moral ambiguity". Up to this point, the series had done a good job of ignoring KT's silly retcons. On the other hand, if they get their collective butts kicked by the Jedi, I'll be a a happy fan. [face_dancing]

10. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Do we really have to highlight everything we comment about this video? This thread is about this leaked preview, anybody entering should be expecting people actually discussing the video and what it contains!

Anyway...

Yes, I'm sure that WAS a Clawdite shapeshifting back to his natural form. And that is AWESOME. I absolutely hated the fact that Zam was a shapeshifter but managed not to use her unique ability to vanish in the bar crowd.

Zero-g fighting looks awesome. I think I can talk openly about this one cause it was breifly in the original preview.

I REALLY loved the brief glimpse of a new starfighter model at 1:45. It looked a bit like a Davaab Mandalorian Starfighter, which would make a lot of sense. Or it could be the Sabaoth Starfighter that was originally scheduled to appear in Dooku Captured. Or it can be something entirely new. Either way, the design looks very nice.

11. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, I'm playing it safe with the information as it is still technically still Season 2 information. And we are discussing it...in a sense. XD
    Still, you're probably right. I think we can be more lax with some of the everyday stuff, but huge reveals like in the OP might have to be blotted out.

In which case, I can safely mention Plo Koon is piloting, Mace Windu will once more be doing stuff, and that there will be atmospheric flying action of some sort! :D

Oh. And that is a GORGEOUS holocron.

Though as they are pretty large reveals, I do note that the hyperspace-ship-battle shot seems to involve an infestation of sorts while Ahsoka's mysterious fight in the archives is either with a blue-saber wielding Force User, or a Mandalorian using a Mandalorian-iron sword.

I also saw a shot of the Jedi Council, which I hope to see more of. It's a nice way to 'give missions' and have as many council members as possible involved, so more characters can deliver lines and whatnot. Of course, I also like the Jedi War Room that appeared in episode 3 and which was used (I think) in the theatrical debut.

Wow. With Season 2 looking this good, the wait might be getting even more difficult. Fortunately, for an easily pleased fan like myself, I'll have that likely-mediocre/hopefully-great game tie-in to tide me over. XD

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I don't have any particular problem with open discussion in this thread, but for any of the other threads, I'd prefer to either not have S2 info mentioned, or definitely blacked out if it's mentioned.

EDIT: I wonder what the balance between Obi-Wan/Anakin/Ahsoka is going to be like in Season 2. If it's mostly Anakin & Ahsoka and Obi-Wan has some solo missions, I think I'd be okay with that.

13. DarthKruul

DarthKruul Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    I think i saw durge in the video at 1:19

14. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't think so. But I do like the Rodian at about that time. He looks young and has a very particular face.

15. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, more character models abound. I hope we get some great ones. :D
    -The Duchess queen thingamabob
    -That Rodian. Nice look there
    -Mandalorian
    -Merc/Mandalorian he's communicating with

Also, that airlock sequence features Ahsoka in her new suit. Looks like that'll be a sequence in Cargo of Doom.

Oddly enough, Gry, that ship model you mentioned vaguely reminds me of Spock's ship in Star Trek XI, randomly enough. XD

I also wonder whether that larger droid is something akin to a Jedi Killer. :confused:

16. kardde20

kardde20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2008
    the introduction of the mandalorians should be really cool. as was previously stated they could be a real game changer that alter the dynamic of the show and keep it from getting stale. if i'm not mistaken i believe that filoni or gilroy hinted at their introduction in an interview a while back so i'm not surprised to see them pop up. can't wait for season 2 to start. i would think that we'll be getting a lot more info on season 2 at the san diego comic con. that's usually the way it works.

17. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I absolutely hated Season 1 except for a few episodes.

But this looks awesome.

18. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Just one thing, why is everybody talking about "the Mandalorians"? We only saw one guy in the preview, that is certainly no evidence that the Mandalorians will be portrayed as a whole faction in the series. For all we know, and for all the EU depth the the show has presented so far, this could very easily be just some bounty hunter with a Boba Fett-like helmet, and somewhere in the show notes in the official site it will read "Crusty McFett's distant cousin, twice removed from his mother side was a Mandalorian, that's where he got the helmet".

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Oh, stop playing devil's advocate, Gry. [face_laugh]

Where would we be if we contained our fanboyish glee at the upcoming TCW season?

20. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Believe me, when it comes to any two Star Wars authors, hilarity ensues. (Look at the Luke ship-to-ship combat we got in the Bantam era. And to a lesser extent Wedge/Qwi vs. Wedge/Iella. And now Jaina's going through the same thing. And of course, I, Jedi and the HoT duology were a giant Take That to everything wrong with the EU.)

Karen's Mandos are just the latest form of this "armed with canon" tendency.

21. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Mandos? Sweet. With luck, that means we'll see Spar.

22. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    Doh, Video has been pulled before I could view it.

23. Protean

Protean Jedi Master star 2

Sep 17, 2008
    A few Mandos here and there? All very well and good. The Supercommandos' misadventures fleshed out a bit and possibly tied to S1 events such as the botched Kamino raid in Rookies? Good.

Mandos treated as a massive threat ala Ms Traviss? Not good>

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Which episodes did you enjoy? If you generally hated Season 1, I'd be surprised if you really liked Season 2.

With respect to the video being pulled, I expect the OS will have the official release by the end of the week.

25. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Technically, we can count the Clones as Mandolorians, since:

1. They are cloned from Jango Fett, a Mando
    2. The majority of their training has been done by Mostly Mandos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.