main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season Two Preview (leaked footage) (spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I'd say George Lucas would beg to differ, so we'll have to wait and see what he does with it.

2. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    That's inaccurate. The ARC troopers, Commandos, and some commanders were trained by them. They then helped train the others. All of which is "KT canon" and some people totally ignore it, so...

Please no PM requests or offers. LFL has taken the footage down. Thanks, G_M.

3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I think so far they're setting up for at least a few Mandalorians/super-mercs. It seems that they're involved in fudging up a political situation with the duchess. Who they're doing it for, and whether scarf-cloak guy is another Mandalorian, remains unknown.

Either way, whether as a separate faction or as a small group, they seem to be in a vein similar to Cad Bane, in that they're supposedly meant to be competent recurring sentient villains. Could be the Separatists are hiring out to get assets to directly oppose Jedi, or the Mandos have a political/anarchist agenda here.

I'm wondering what the Council Members will end up doing, though. XD

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    People really need to remember that the Mandos were around long before Travis came along, and even most of their background and flavor was established long before Travis joined up.

Let's not forget there were plent of non-Mando trainers too. heck, a plot point in one of her books is that most clones don't like the guys who act like Mandos, since the Mandos were Seppies.

On that note, Mandos aren't really a third side, since they were part of the Confederacy, and they weren't many anyway: 2 or 3 hundred policemen and mercenaries.

5. DamoMandoa

DamoMandoa Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    EDITED. I don't think we can allow this now that LFL has specifically requested that the users take it down. Thanks, G_M.

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    That thing with the holocron looks really interesting, and the animation definately does look a tad smoother. However, the inclusion of the Mandalorians does concern me a bit. I was hoping they were being eased out of the spotlight.

7. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think the "Mandalorien" might really be this series version of a Crimson Guard.

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I saw a vid on youtube here. At about 7.30, even if it's hard to make out, you can actually hear the audio for the video clip, but not see the clip itself. I'm not sure how long it'll be before it's taken down, but they DID turn off the vid recording, so it should be okay for awhile.

Also, in that same series (James Arnold Taylor is actually a pretty funny guy XD), James Arnold Taylor mentions that in season 2, things with Obi-Wan will be getting more personal, if I remember correctly. I believe it's a reference to the duchess thing, but I hope that this means he'll get some more focus this upcoming season!

9. VentressFan01

VentressFan01 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2008
    The person Ahsoka is seen fighting is actually Asajj Ventress.After pausing the video mandy times I made out a bald head and a familiar dress. If noone believes me look for themselves

10. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Granted, but she basically turned them into an society of Gary Stu's.

Still, I hope that if we do encounter Mandalorians in TCW, that they'll be portrayed like the Mandalorians in KOTOR.

11. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    If anyone hears a loud cheer coming from the Eastern United States, that's me screaming in happiness at this news. Yay! [face_dancing]

12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, leave the internet for one day, and you miss everything...

I'm not the biggest fan of the Mando EU, but I can't deny that it will be cool to see Fett armor in this series. The potential is definitely there for a gamechanger in the war.

Is Ahsoka wearing her Season One slut-suit throughout the preview, or is it imply that she learns to put on clothes?

13. adenry

adenry Jedi Knight

Mar 26, 2009
    Wow, really greate footage!

I combined the audio and video, synchronizing them, and cropped the video a little bit. It's much more impressive with the audio.

I uploaded it here: (link removed)

I'm new around here, in the forums, so I'm not sure if there is a rule not to post such links, so if that's the case, please delete the link and let me know how to share the video with all of you.

A really great second trailer of season two!

14. WookieeAlpha

WookieeAlpha Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    A million thanks, both of you.

Is there any transcript of the dialogues?

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, Like I said before. GL wants a more live action appraoch to the series and is now even more involved as before. You can start with your ret-cons cause this season is going to be the one that is going to change the clone war eu for good.

16. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    It almost sounded like the Duchess' name was Sateen. As in Ewan McGregor's love interest from Moulin Rouge. But that might be a little too on-the-nose.

17. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    1:43 was hilarious! I'm looking forward to that episode.

18. DamoMandoa

DamoMandoa Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    if the mod here could delete my post from above, itd be appreciated

19. adenry

adenry Jedi Knight

Mar 26, 2009
    That's what I hear (in red is what I'm not certain of or I totally can't understand):

Darth Sidious: I have need of your services, bounty hunter. I need a jedi... holocron.

Yoda: Sense a deception I do.
    Cad Bane: You can count on it.

Jocasta Nu: Holocrons contain the most closely guarded secrets of the Jedi Order.
    Mace Windu: A list of every known Force-sensitive child in the Galaxy. The future of the Jedi Order.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: The Republic knows ****** is the only ****** against the Separatists.

The duchess: I remember a time when the Jedi were not generals, but peacekeepers.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: The safety of the duchess Sateen is of the outmost importance.

Clone trooper: Wait a minute.

Anakin Skywalker: There's assassin probes down here!

Obi-Wan Kenobi: *******. That certainly could have been problematic.

Bounty hunter: You're coming with me.

Yoda: Found the holocron must be.

Ahsoka Tano: I sense something, Master.
    Anakin Skywalker: It's the dark side, Ahsoka.

Mandalorian (if that's a mandalorian): Have you completed your mission?
    Bounty hunter: I have the duchess.
    Mandalorian (if that's a mandalorian): Very good. Reinforcements are on the way.

Cad Bane: Let's make this a big *******

Yoda: Make a devastating damage on the Jedi Order he could.

Anakin Skywalker: I'll take care of this, Obi-Wan. You go find your girlfriend.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Right... uh, no, Anakin, she's not my...

The quality of the audio is bad and also I'm from Bulgaria and english is not my native language, so help me fill the gaps.
    When all the dialogue is clear I can make a subtitle file out of those if you want.

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Mandos treated as a massive threat ala Ms Traviss? Not good>

When did this happen? At the end of Order 66 they are forced to accept an Imperial Garrison on their homeworld, likely leading not only into Imperial Commando but linking to Marvel as well.

Suddenly I'm afraid that they're going to be used to in season two to introduce some "moral ambiguity"

We already have this with Slick from that Hidden Enemy episode. Even in Rising Malavolence to a point.

Mandos? Sweet. With luck, that means we'll see Spar.

I somehow doubt that we will see Spar. I'm all for some new Mandalorians. Perhaps the most I'd hope for in terms of continuity is the use of Mando'a, even if only for a word or two.

Mandalorians is a big revelation for me. I'm very much looking forward to this.:)

21. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I know nothing about Traviss' Mandos (and what I know I don't love), but I see no problem with Mandos being a powerful force. Obi-Wan was pretty sufficiently challenged by Jango in AOTC.

Also, the moment you saw the classic Fett helmet, you knew moral ambiguity was a factor.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And also souls ( a mere detail ).[face_whistling]

23. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Some nice footage, thanks. The holocron stuff sounds interesting, and Ahsoka getting better clothes sounds good even if it's temporary. I didn't see any Grievous or Dooku? Or Jar Jar..
    The girlfriend thing was pretty funny. I like hearing Obi-Wan sound not-so smug and know-it-all for once.

24. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Well, obviously its only a preview for probably the first few episodes, and so we will probably see those characters a little further along season 2.

25. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Possibly the preview was for "Cargo of Doom" and "Holocron Heist", the continuing Cad Bane arc. Im sure Ahsoka only wears the suit because of her and Anakin going to Mustafar, her revealed skin from her normal clothing could burn if its not protected enough. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.