Discussion in 'Live Action, Clone Wars & Classics' started by PrincessKenobi, Dec 26, 2012.
Prepare yourself for the feels
You picked a good time not to log in. I had to step away earlier because I was in rage mode.
It's going to be tonight before I watch.
I'm going to log off before I get spoiled. See ya after I watch it, probably tomorrow.
I think for next season I'm gonna go entirely spoiler-free. Before S4 and S5 started I watched trailers for the entire season(s), but then once the season started I didn't watch any more trailers. I feel like things like the end of The Lawless would have been way more intense if I hadn't seen the season trailer before it started.
I've watched a few trailers, the one for The Lawless being one of them. I didn't feel like it ruined anything for me but at the same time I like going into an episode completely cold.
Alert to all my spoiler-free comrades: there's a massive spoiler about the current arc in the Sabotage thread that's not even in spoiler tags, so I'd avoid it for the time being. I'll post in here again once the situation has been fixed. On a related note, I've just been spoiled...
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to avoid it..
I absolutely avoid any spoiler or episode discussion thread until I've seen the episode. However, even seemingly spoiler-free or non-related threads I've gone into haven't been safe either. LOL. The only safe route may be to avoid the forum completely!
Okay, the spoiler in the Sabotage thread is now at least spoiler-tagged.
Up till yesterday I avoided anything that wasn't the disco. I think that's what I'm going to do for the next 3 weeks..
I think people have been better lately about using spoiler tags but yeah, I learned the hard way to avoid the latest episode thread after about 9 p.m. on Fridays. I haven't opened it or the series discussion thread today at all.
But thanks for the heads-up, Tarkas.
Okay...and another person came along and posted more spoilers...so once again, all spoiler-free comrades should ignore the Sabotage episode thread until further notice. There have been two plot points and several character appearances from the remainder of the arc given away so far.
I'm seriously pissed now. I've been spoiled even more.
For future episodes or the one that aired this morning? They're allowed untagged for the one that aired this morning.
I haven't watched it yet so I'm not looking.
@anakinfansince1983 no, I've been talking about several spoilers for the rest of the arc after Sabotage, not Sabotage itself. I don't go into any episode thread until after I've seen it either, not even I would count that as a spoiler. This is the real deal and I've been spoiled on the plot and characters for the rest of the arc.
My understanding is that we are not supposed to discuss future episodes in a current episode thread. I certainly would like to be able to comment on the episode after I watch it, without worrying about being spoiled for the next couple of weeks.
@SithStarSlayer, can we get clarification on spoilers for future episodes when they are part of an arc?
This already came up when Gregor was allowed to be discussed in the thread for A Sunny Day in the Void in what was admitted to be a bending of normal rules because of how poor reception of that arc was and all the anticipation for the character. A future episode is a future episode. I also would like to participate in the discussion of Sabotage without having several spoilers allowed for future episodes.
I agree, and this arc isn't exactly poorly anticipated, unlike the droid arc, which I can only surmise was the result of someone drinking way too much Aristocrat (read: cheap) vodka.
So material seen in an officially released trailer is counted as a spoiler?
I've gotta say the spoilers you mentioned were nothing more than what was in the finale preview... I agree with you that it shouldn't have been discussed in that episode thread, but they're by no means as "massive" as you make them out to be, in my opinion.
Either way I'll be sticking it out with you guys in here for the remainder of the season. Besides that trailer I want NO other indication of what's to come (and if you don't want me to discuss any of that then I certainly won't).
I was told by a mod via PM that nothing from an official source including single episode trailers counts as a spoiler. I don't see how that can be possible. If something isn't official information, it's just a guess, not a spoiler. If everything that's official doesn't count as a spoiler, then I don't see how anything could be a spoiler. By that rule people could have discussed the entire Mauldalore arc in the Revival thread and given everything away because the Shadow Conspiracy book was official. This is making zero sense.
I've seen the arc trailer but that's as spoiled as I've gotten.
And our crowd is growing.
Yeah the spoilers in Sabotage were, from what I saw the trailer.
But you're quite right, official info has to be a spoiler or there's no such thing as spoilers, save if someone sees it early in some secret preview and talks about it.
3SA etc was for all the official info, if memory serves.
As long as I've posted here, discussing the trailer for the next episode in any episode thread was off-limits. It's a major policy change if that's no longer the case.
There are also different levels of spoiler free or spoiler limited. I usually watch official trailers but some people don't even do that.
It seems that the simplest way to define spoiler would be "anything that hasn't aired yet."
Does anyone else remember that huge spoiler in a song title in the TPM soundtrack? Oy.
I even avoided the episode trailers. I think I'll be sticking to just this thread for the rest of the arc..
Guys, this is the spoiler policy. It is the one create with Sx3, Garth, and PK after the great Gregor debacle.
Revised, short, simple spoiler policy:
LACWAC spoiler policy
What is a spoiler?
(1) All LFL, Cartoon Network, theforce.net official released information/images, trailers, and clips are not considered spoiler material.
(2) A spoiler will be considered future material not from official sources listed. Speculation does not equal a spoiler.(3) A spoiler is serious plot details or a character death. Those must always be spoilered or edited out.TCW Spoiler Free Season 5 Discussion - Spoiler free safety zone
(1) This thread is provided for completely spoiler free discussion. No posting of clips, images, leaked plot info allowed.
Discussion of New Episodes - rules
(1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread once we have the info from the Official Site.
(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced.
(3) New TCW episodes air 9:30pm EST on Teletoon in Canada. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.
(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode airing.
(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.
(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in the episode thread.
(7) New TCW episodes air 9:30pm EST on Teletoon on Canada. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid new episode threads until you have had your chance to view the episode.
Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed) - rules
(1) The TCW General Discussion Thread (spoilers) will be open to any "official" information discussion. Posting trailers, preview/episode clips for new individual episodes (i.e., things like IGN where they give us a 2:00 minute part of the show, often spoiling key scenes); is permitted in the TCW General Thread.
(2) Heavy plot related spoilers and stuff like character deaths for future episodes should be spoilered out in the TCW general thread.(3) If you intend to be spoiler free this thread should be avoided.
Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]] - rules
(1) The S5 discussion thread (Spoilers!) will continue to be the main heavy spoiler thread, including discussion of the video clips for each week's episode.
(2) Spoiler tags are not required in this thread and everything is far game.
(3) if you don't want to be spoiled, stay out!
Rate the episode threads
(1) We do the "Rate the Episode Poll" after Wednesday, to give people a few days to watch the episode and let your thoughts sink in. This thread will contain new episode reviews.(2) Discussion of new episodes not allowed in these threads.
TCW Image Caption Thread (spoiler images!) - and game threads - spoiler rules
(1) The caption thread is allowed to contain screen caps from future episodes.
(2) Use common sense with game threads.
Spoiler/ non spoiler guidelines for new threads
(1) When creating a new thread with intention to talk about a character or plot where the future may be a concern. Be sure to specify spoiler or non spoiler in the thread title.
(2) if spoiler is not specified in the title then no spoilers are allowed and tags must be used. Posts that do no have tags will be edited.
(3) If spoilers are specified then tags will not be required in that thread and everything is fair game.I remember getting thanked on my wall for one of you. I do my best to enforce it as I can. However I am only human and bad with spoilers. I am the main mod always available to handle things and I'm just not going to see everything all the time and I'm going to make mistakes. I wish I were more perfect, but heh, I'm as far from perfect as any human being has ever been and for now your stuck with me most of the time.
I thought this was what the masses wanted when we created it but apparently not so much. Why don't I pick a committee of members who would like to draft a member created spoiler policy we can all agree on. Can I select five of you? PM me. I'll double post this in the disco.