main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW The Complete Season Four DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    [​IMG]

Release Date: October 23rd

Did a couple of searches and couldn't find an more or less official The Clone Wars Season 4 DVD/Blu-ray discussion thread (I think there was one on the temp forum though) so I thought "Why not create one?" and now, here it is.

To start things off, I read on a screenshot of the back packaging of the DVD that there will be five commentaries with cast and crew; does anyone of you know which episodes will have a commentary?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I assume
    1. Mon Cala Trilogy
    2. Umbara Quadrilogy
    3. Slaves of the Republic Trilogy
    4. Deception Arc
    5. Ventress/Maul Arc

3. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Excuse the double post...

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Can you watch the DVD without commentary?

5. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    That's always an option on all the movies I own, and I own a bunch.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Can't wait to see Umbara on Blu-ray.

7. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Can't wait to see extended episodes (I think these are the ones)...:
    1. Carnage of Krell
    2. Escape from Kadavo
    3. A Friend in Need
    4. Massacre

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Totally going to rock. More Carnage please! I wonder what will be on it.

And looks like the discs are Grievous, ________, Vizsla, and Savage? I can't make out what is on the 2nd disc.

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Still wish Rex was on the cover.

Seerow likes this.
  10. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I must admit that I have yet to see the Umbara arc; I guess I'm in for a treat when I get the DVD.

And speaking of the extended episodes, are you sure there will be any on the DVD & Blu-ray, AkashKedavra_93? ; there were some on the S1 set but this is the first time I've heard about extended S4 episodes. Where did you hear about it?

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I really want to see what they discuss about Dac!!!! I MUST! :D

They are really obsessed with the idea that Bane needs to smoke.

Cody was on the S1 cover and Rex was on one of the discs. Maybe when the S6 boxset comes out...

The only reason I want to watch this is cause of the extra content.

OOOOHHHH Massacre... I can not wait to see you... [face_dancing]

12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Some cool news, set is only $34.99 at Best Buy next week!

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=207071

Amazon still has it for $41.99. Hopefully they match, otherwise I'm off to Best Buy.

The Best Buy exclusive of the movie on DVD was a steelbook case of Rex that looked similar to what the season releases ended up looking like:

[​IMG]

Wish I had picked it up at the time because it looks quite cool, however I don't think there was a blu-ray version to match it in the US. Only the Dutch got a blu-ray version, and it sells for ridiculous amounts on ebay (around $200+)

[​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011

=P~

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I can't find any info about extended episodes on Google. Are you certain they will be appearing on the Season 4 set?

There'll be extended scenes in the Jedi Archives of course, but is it going to be like Season 1 where we were given a "director's cut" of seven episodes?

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    There was a picture here from Insider I believe that had said details, like an extended fight scene with Ahsoka/Pre Vizsla, the bombing of the Nightsisters' lair, and an extended scene of Savage at the diner

16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I still couldn't find that on Google but Insider is one of the most credible sources there is for Star Wars. I hope it's included in the episode like Season 1, otherwise you don't get to see the extended scenes too much.

I did find conformation of the 5 commentaries though:

"The Battle of Mon Cala
    Dive into the depths of animation production as Supervising Director Dave Filoni and key members of his crew discuss the challenges of creating this complex series of episodes, full of underwater warriors and deep sea action.

Darkened World of Umbara
    Supervising Director Dave Filoni and key members of his crew shine a light on the shadowy battlefields of Umbara, discussing the technical hurdles in creating this epic arc, as well as the storytelling challenges of placing Captain Rex and his loyal soldiers in this most difficult of situations.

Obi-Wan Undercover
    The truths behind the deception are revealed as Supervising Director Dave Filoni and key members of his crew chat about the creation of this storyline full of betrayal, reversals, and shady underworld figures.

Slaves of Zygerria
    Supervising Director Dave Filoni and key members of his crew discuss the development of a story that began life as a comic book before being transformed into an action-packed animated drama.

Darth Maul Returns
    Darth Maul is resurrected to become a new menace in The Clone Wars, and Supervising Director Dave Filoni and key members of his cast and crew discuss how this shocking turn of events came to be, and what it took to bring the Sith warrior back to the screen."

17. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Hmm, interesting. I wonder if both the DVD & the Blu-ray both will have the extended episodes (the Savage diner scene in particular would help the episode since in the version on TV, he's shown choking a woman for an undisclosed reason and it felt a bit odd; it would be nice with the lead-up to the choking since that's a cut bit I've heard about earlier).

18. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't wait for this!!

I have my Popcorn, 60" LED with Bose surround ready to rock. The Umbara Arc, Massacre and Mauls return. This season is going to be grea to watch.

So are they sticking with the cheap cover cases or are they going back to nice book case covers? Season 3 looks out of place compared to (1-2).

TreborSabreon likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, that really sucks.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    The main reason I haven't bought a Blu-Ray season set since S2 is because they've decided to stop including the concept art booklet with it.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The concept art was definitely awesome, but the real deal is still way better than burned torrents.

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Mhm. I especially like getting the Blu-Rays because I'm from the UK. This means the only way I can watch The Clone Wars is through torrents.

Stupid Sky Movies! Why did you drop the show after Season 3?

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait!!! So Grievous is on one of the discs... Really!? And who are the people on the other discs?!

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I too miss the days of watching the show in its correct aspect ratio without embarrassingly overscaled logos... on TV, of course. ;)

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I won't tell anybody. Besides, this show loves pirates!

Sorry. Very bad joke. When watching them on my computer, I'm always paranoid of the audio issues I occasionally get. I'm always looking at the character's mouths to see if the lip synching's gone off. We haven't had a clone centric episode yet this season - it's especially tricky to tell when everybody is wearing a helmet.